Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-25-21, 04:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee YES. I was asked that question at some point in the Fitchicks check-in so I will repost here...
Quote:
I started kettlebells in late January and noticed lots of little changes right away. It's like it was the missing piece to my strength puzzle for me. I'm better at stamina and strength overall. I went to do my deadlift with my heaviest barbell weight that I keep loaded and pumped out 8 reps. All my dumbbells feel lighter. I'm getting much more in tune with my muscles..sounds hooky but there it is. I'm sure it has alot to do with me focusing on mobility too
And as far as instruction, I really respond well to Lauren Brooks. My daughter does, too. She likes everything Lauren does...and that's a quote.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 09:03 AM  
ChelePA

Just a quick check in to say......
I'm back in my happy zone

I missed Cathe! Definitely my favorite instructor and style. I don't think I will use a monthly rotation anymore that doesn't mix her in. So glad this rotation started with one of her less intense HIIT workouts. I haven't done any high impact in ages. The Heather month included mostly weights and low impact.

I decided to do the premix that included Perfect High Impact HIIT, Pyramid HIIT and Extended Stretch. Plus there is a lunge bonus that I will do tonight after one of my shorter cycling classes. I can definitely say my burpees have improved since Anna loved variations of that exercise...haha. I was drenched at the end. Cathe definitely knows the definition of HIIT and this was less intense compared to previous releases.

Tomorrow I'm going to sub in Cardio Leg Blast since I don't have Lift it HIIT it Legs. I also noticed in Week 3 and Week 4 she included Lower Body Blast in the rotation. I might sub in a different lower body for one of those days also for variety.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 12:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! Happy Monday.....

Linda, thanks for your kettlebell answer..... reminds me of how regularly doing yoga made me feel. I feel like I should do a kettlebell/yoga rotation..... maybe someday soon. By the way, I loved your answer in the cardio vs. weights thread.

For now...... I'm with Chele -- it was so fun to have Cathe in my workout room again! I did not spring for any premix -- just did High Impact HIIT plus the lunge bonus -- that was plenty for me. Let's just say I won't be hired to be in any Cathe videos any time soon. Before I did the workout I was thinking "does she mean 50 total lunges, or 50 each side? I can probably do 50 each side." After the workout I decided she was thinking 50 total. I'm not sure how closely I'll follow the rotation, but it looks pretty good, so we'll see. I am sore from the kettlebells yesterday!!
Old 04-26-21, 03:17 PM  
manleym

Bee thanks for the feedback about DB. It was one of those FOMO moments, so I'm glad you confirmed not to buy it.

ChelePA Lift it HIIT it Legs is one of my FAVORITE workouts and actually like it better than Cardio Leg Blast. Not meaning to enable. Just sayin'. Oh, I'm glad your daughter didn't have any side effects from shot 2. Yay!

Last week I finished Heather's 4 week rotation by doing Day 3: 40 Minute Pop Workout — No Jumping HIIT, which is a GREAT metabolic workout using light weights) + Inner + Outer Thigh Toning Workout Low Impact, No Equipment, a GREAT add on. I wore ankle weights to increase the intensity.

Friday I did Cathe Live#148 Warrior Kickboxing, which I LOVED!! I think it may be a new fav!

Saturday I did Heather's Day 6: 1 Hour No Repeat HIIT Workout and LOVED it too! It was a GREAT metabolic workout.

Starting Cathe's RB2 rotation today.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 03:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee crappy did I do 50 EXTRA lunges?!? I did 50 each leg with my kettlebells but had to stick hip mobility in between. The last 10 on each leg were tough! Yoga and kettlebells would work great together.

ChelePA I would not want to follow that with a spinning class, lol.

Did you guys hear Cathe say at 22 min mark " March in hell!" Haha she did! Plus I know she was tired bc she said 'Mogrul' instead of mogul.
I made it through the normal high impact with some mods and my own music so I didn't ever have to ignore the beat, lol. I did take a 60 second mobility and breathing break at the 18 min and 22 min mark though. I enjoyed it but not sure I would have if it hadn't been Cathe leading honestly. I finished off with some CS. My HR skyrocketed during Cathe but returned pretty quickly afterwards. I have come a LONG way baby ...woot!!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-26-21, 04:24 PM  
ChelePA

Fanofladyvols...... I often just do 10 minute cycling recovery workouts in the evening. Or an easier class. I feel like I cheated since I only did a total of 50 lunges. Ha ha.

I think I was so wiped from starting back to high impact I didn’t even notice the bloopers. Too funny!
Old 04-26-21, 04:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

P.S. ChelePA I will be substituting too. I only have a couple of the RWH workouts (upper, RWH One and Two) and I don't have lower body blast either.

Tomorrow I'm doing a Lauren Brooks lower body Kettlebell workout instead.

Old 04-26-21, 05:00 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym...now I need to check out that workout!!! Maybe as an add-on when I purchase the new series. Definitely enabling! Ha ha. Cardio Leg Blast holds a special place in my heart. It was my first Cathe DVD. I always love returning to it! It’s a favorite!
Old 04-26-21, 06:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

manley lift it hit it is better than Cardio leg?? Holy moly! Talk about pushing it to the top of my wishlist. And CONGRATS on finishing that rotation! And you're joining us ??

Woohoo .. 🎶We're the Rock Bottom Girls!!
We make the rocking world go ROUND!!!

Old 04-26-21, 07:53 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All

Funny that some of you did RWH today. I did Lift It Hiit It- Upper Body Circuit today and Bonus Abs #1. I guess great minds think alike. LOL! I was missing Cathe.

Linda-
I agree that Lift It Hit it is better than Cardio Leg. I actually like all of the RWH workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in