Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-21, 09:32 AM  
manleym

Cataddict and Kim what wonderful reflections on Gettysburg as we enter Memorial Day weekend. Just a good reminder that freedom is never free. Someone paid it for us. Of course, I'm thankful that they did, but also want to revere and truly appreciate the sacrifices made by so many.

Cataddict that sounds like a really awkward move on the ball. I wonder how many moves Cathe does when planning a workout/dvd that don't work? It would be interesting to find out how many moves didn't make the workout because it just didn't work. And oh, I understand that you've heard that Groovy was gone by the 70's. We're all still 25, right?

Kim LOVE the idea of doing a Kat step workout for Fun Fridays in honor of ChelePA! Great idea! Would it be fun for us all to do a Kat step every Friday for Fun Friday, or just whenever we can? Fun being able to catch up with friends. I'm hoping for more of that this summer too.

Bee have you recovered from all of your raking? We've had SO MUCH rain (like 4+ inches in some places). I was looking out at all of the weeds and dreading having to tackle them within the next few days. Yard/Weed Max will be one of my workouts very soon. Ugh.

Waves to Horusosiris, Kittybug, Kate, Garrie, Lavna, FOLV, ChelePA!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-21, 11:18 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well my friends....this week got away from me!! So sorry to be MIA. I have definitely been working out, but the rest of my days were swamped.

Here's the workouts, then some news.
I started out on Monday with Cathe Live 245 Upper Body Core Crush. I bought this download and it's a great strength workout! Full class (before covid). I think that same smiling girl is there. Heehee.

Yoga was Eoin Finn's Blissology Thursday. Yes I do them out of order.

Tuesday was Cathe Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp Legs Glutes. Got my cardio and my leg work in. I've been looking at some of the premixes in Fit Split and carried on with that.

I didn't get any Yoga in as my day was interrupted with my oldest son having a medical emergency. He's on blood thinners because he has some artificial heart valves. That's so they don't get clots or clogs. Well for a couple of days he had been getting tons of bruises all over his body but he hadn't hurt himself. Had a home health nurse come in and do a blood test and his blood thinner reading was off the charts high. So I drove the hour to his town and took him to urgent care. Was there for 5 hours getting other tests, they had to consult with his cardiologist in Minneapolis. Sigh....long day but in the end they got the blood levels better and he goes in for another blood test today to see what his new med dose should be. Whew.

Anyway, back to Wed and Skogg at Home Level 1 Power 1 + 2. Awesome kbell workout and you are prompted to go WAY heavy as sometimes there are only 3 reps. Man I was slinging some heavy bells...surprised myself. Love Skogg's kettlebell workouts. I used to subscribe to his streaming site too but had to drop it.

Yoga was a free Eoin practice on Vimeo called Yoga Honey. Just very basic but great. Eoin is a site to watch!

Yesterday was Cathe Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio Double Mixed Cardio mix (say that 5 times fast - I could barely type it). That was really good!! Just go though all the cardio and then repeat.
Yoga was Yin Yoga on Gaia from Bernie No Place Like Aum.

Today I finished out the week with Cathe Fit Split Pull Day + Push Day Mix. Hey that was good stuff!!!! I really like what Cathe does for many of her premixes!

So continuing on next week with Cathe and Skogg and whatever...I'm leaving a day open for "on a whim" workouts. ;-)

The rest of the week included planting almost 40 trees that we had ordered. We burn wood for heat so like to replant and give back for all we cut down. Also did some work in my garden. But believe it or not, we had a frost advisory here in west central MN!! Egad! I had to cover up plants all over my yard. Enough of winter already! Heck it's only 47 right now...normal high is 73.

Waves to all, I'll go back and read posts shortly.
Hope everyone stays well and has a most wonderful Memorial Weekend!! Start of Summer baby!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-21, 11:35 AM  
Mickey12

Manley I agree about doing Fun Friday workouts together again. I miss those! Today I will do a Kat step for ChelePA.

Cataddict I am also a native Pennsylvanian and I also find Gettysburg extremely moving and emotional, not just historical. I was trying to convey that in my explanation to Bee but I'm not sure if I was successful. I think for some people (and definitely not everybody), there is a strong feeling of attachment to it. I feel very peaceful there. When it's time to leave to come home, I'm sad.

And to answer your question about Afterburn, of course I found it HARD!!!!! OMG, I find every Cathe workout hard. You guys amaze me with your feats of strength and stamina. No doubt I have gotten stronger, but I am still leagues behind you. I modify just about everything Cathe does and this workout was no exception but I'm happy to push through at my own pace.

Kate I'm glad your son is doing better. I'm sure it was scary for you and for him. Sometimes I take my good health for granted. We never should. And nice way to give back by planting all those trees.

Happy Friday everyone. We have a summer hours program where I work so I get to leave work at 2 pm on Fridays until Labor Day. It's a really nice perk.
Old 05-28-21, 11:52 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
This is ChelePA’s husband. I have been reading to her your kind words and well wishes. As you know the accident was quite serious. We have learned that the boy who crossed into her lane and hit her head on was driving over 60 mph. Double the speed limit. I had to go see the car and it was completely crushed. Feeling blessed beyond words. You all know how special Michele is. She continues to have a large frontal hematoma and bruised chest plus shoulder area. She is wearing her cervical collar for the fracture at c7. Her right knee is completely crushed with breaks in 5 different areas including the tibia fibula bones. She had her second surgery today to begin the rebuilding process. An external stabilizer is also in place. Her recovery will be 3-6 months. We know how difficult this will be for her. She loves to exercise and misses this group. She always shared how inspirational everyone was even through crazy times. I know she will be back and better than ever. The support from people she has never met in person amazes me. Cataddict’s gift today was perfect. It brought grateful tears to her eyes. Not only thinking of her but remembering her love of peanut butter. Now I know why she comes here daily I will try to update periodically and hopefully Michele will feel up to it soon. Thanks again!
Thank you, thank you!!! And Chele.....you will be back..we'll hold a spot for you! Channel your inner fierceness to get through this time of injury and healing. LOVE YOU!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 05-28-21, 11:54 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

I won't finish Rock bottoms rotation until Sunday but for those like Cataddict that did...
Gadank ...GADANK...GADANKITY!!!
You are hilarious! That should cheer Chele up!

Old 05-28-21, 11:56 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post

Bee what draws me to Gettysburg? For some people it has a particular, very special, hard-to-describe appeal. It has that appeal for me. It’s a feeling I have when I visit. The battlefield itself is one of the most documented battlefields in the world. I love touring it and walking quietly among the monuments. The National Park Service rangers are so excellent in their presentations. The National Park Service website has some really great information too. I love the history. I love the cleanliness. I love the knowledgeable, friendly staff at all the attractions. I love the architecture. I love the small town, safe feeling. I love the relaxation and all the places to visit and see. The National Cemetery is so somber and beautiful. It’s an honor to be able to walk among the graves of so many who died. The museums are amazing and so interactive and entertaining. I can’t do it justice in my description. It’s simply a very special place for me.
It is a powerful POWERFUL place! So many people lost. So many spirits. I feel that way when I got out to the Little Bighorn Battle Field. Talk about spirits!
Good that you are going to honor them.

Old 05-28-21, 05:20 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans! I did Kat's Twin Sister workout for Fun Friday and thought of ChelePA the whole time. This one was so much fun and I liked that it was filmed outside. My only nitpicky complaint is that I felt like her sister was just phoning it in during the workout. I think she was doing the routine sort of dancy style so she wasn't really putting a lot of umph into it. That's fine, but I didn't like watching her because I like the instructor to really motivate me and push me by doing big movements. I extended my own cool down and the Groovy 60's and 70's workout started playing and that music seems like it will be EXCELLENT! The first song was Disco Inferno. SO MUCH FUN!

Hope everyone is well. Happy Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-28-21, 09:58 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! You guys all did an excellent job of making me get a feel for what it is that draws you to Gettysburg. I haven't been since I was a little kid, so it was nice to read your descriptions and think that I have a tiny feel for what it is like. And yes, it's interesting to be thinking about all of that on the "eve" of Memorial Day weekend. A very special place indeed. Did I tell you about the Ken Burns talk I listened to in the last week? He spoke a fair bit about the civil war, as you might imagine. I found him very interesting -- great speaker.

Kate, I'm sorry to read about the troubles your son had this week, but it sounds like he is on the mend -- hopefully and thankfully! Best wishes to him and all of you -- that's got to be very stressful for you! Sending big hugs!

And.... I have been so messed up on what day is what this week -- it's been a really odd week here. So.... it didn't even occur to me that it is "fun friday"! I did all out low impact hiit, darn it! That's the problem when I do a rotation -- I don't even really think about what else I might do.... I just consult the rotation and do it or maybe sub something similar but I don't veer too far off.

Such funny comments about "groovy", too! You guys crack me up.

I'm so tired.... have been trying to do some raking every day. Kate, I can't imagine planting all those trees -- that's probably going to make for a much needed epsom salt soak.

Oh, I got my hair cut this week..... finally! My hair was looking pretty awful and it definitely looks quite a bit different now. I like it, but.... I saw two friends separately today -- they had both seen my awful hair, and neither one of them even commented about my hair looking different -- not a word..... which can only make me think that it must not look good to them. Oh well!!!

Oh and I think I never told you.... yesterday I ended up subbing in the upper premix of Muscle Max for stacked upper -- just couldn't face that one again so soon.

And Kim, I'm right there with you on modifying.... a lot! I do it so much that I don't even think about mentioning it most times.

Enjoy your weekend, peeps!!! xox
Old 05-29-21, 08:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Kate HUGS for you and your son. Relieved to read there's a path forward on his treatment plan.

bee Ken Burns has a video series in the civil war that's fascinating.

Kim I found Afterburn wicked hard. I'm trying to decide between Crossfire and To the Max as my Rock bottoms finale...do you have any advice on which is easier?

Ok just wanted to pop in and mention that when I was doing Fitsplit Mixed impact cardio how GOOFY I know I had to look doing the lean back volleyball move? I guess my spastic disco night fever was a modification?!?! Otherwise, a very fun cardio that somehow I missed the first go around.

Oh, and Caroline Girvan has a Spotify playlist called "Top 20" that goes perfectly with Cathe's tempo on Fitsplit cardios. You will be on beat, lol.

Hugs to all!! Wishing you guys a safe and fun weekend!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 08:56 AM  
Mickey12

Bee where did you hear the Ken Burns lecture? I knew I knew his name but didn’t know why. I just looked him up and see that he did the Hemingway special for PBS that Horusosiris introduced us to and I’m sure I have seen some of his other work on historical topics.

Funny about your friends not commenting on your haircut. I almost never comment on people’s haircuts. Most of the time I don’t notice, truthfully. But if your cut was a definite change, you might be right that they didn’t like it. I hope not though. In my mind, if you have a bad cut or color it will always grow; it won’t last forever. But, the most important thing is that you like it.

We’re going to the movies today!!! We’re seeing Cruela. It will be weird actually being in a movie theater. Have a great weekend everyone.

Tags
watulan check-in