Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-01-21, 06:46 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I loved reading your nice long post. Sorry you had such a dreadful Friday. You killed it with the workouts though. If I had such a bad day I think I would have just done an easy walking workout. Go you!

Nathalie thanks for mentioning Julie Montagu’s YouTube channel. Wow, she has a ton of content! I did a short yoga practice she filmed on the coast in Scotland and I saw the ones she filmed inside Mapperton. So cool! I also watched one of a tour of her Italianate garden. I could spend hours watching everything.

Linda what workout were you doing when the jumping occurred that you liked? I forgot to ask you that in the Fitchicks checkin.

ChelePA I hope you’re feeling ok after your second vaccine. I had no issues after mine. I’m very happy to be vaccinated.

Today was 2 hours of yard max. I was picking up a ton of sticks from the crazy storm we had the other day and then I was cutting dead limbs off an evergreen tree in our back yard and dragging them away. I was pooped! I had a nice bath and then did the short yoga practice from Julie Montagu. I think I will sleep well tonight.
Old 05-01-21, 10:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim you and I were doing similar yard maintenance but a day apart, lol! The Tracie Long workout was from her Focus series: Power up. Two chapters on the step (platform with only one riser) and one chapter on the floor.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 07:45 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Nathalie thanks for mentioning Julie Montagu’s YouTube channel. Wow, she has a ton of content! I did a short yoga practice she filmed on the coast in Scotland and I saw the ones she filmed inside Mapperton. So cool! I also watched one of a tour of her Italianate garden. I could spend hours watching everything.
I haven't have time to watch a lot of videos yet but i think it's going to keep me busy for a while!
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 07:55 AM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the congrats/best wishes for my new job. I finished my first week . It's not easy going from a place where I was for 9 years (where I was very at ease and knew everything) to a new departement and a different jobdescription where I have to start over again. I know it's perfectly normal and my new boss understands that very well (she experienced the same thing) and my coworkers are very helpful. In a few weeks, I should be more efficient!

I'm having my first Covid shot tomorrow!!! Yay! They opened to the 50+ on Thursday and I was lucky to have an appointment fast. It's a good thing to at last have some protection against the virus.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 01:46 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

And a belated "rabbit rabbit."

I've been following the Rock Bottoms rotation a day late, so on Thursday I did Perfect Pump Upper Body. I forgot how quickly it moved from exercise to exercise and occasionally I was left in the dust and had to pause and regroup to select the appropriate weight. I don't have a 35 lb dumbbell, and the substitute I use for dumbbells that heavy wouldn't work well on triceps extensions, but other than that I mostly matched Cathe's weights. Friday I did Strong & Sweaty Bootcamp. What a fun workout! The time went by very quickly and each exercise was short enough that I didn't get bored. Saturday was Rock 'm Sock 'm kickbox. I did the premix that included the Blizzard Blast and Icy Core 1. It clocked in at 73 minutes. The main workout got a lil' dull since there are only so many variations of jab punch hook uppercut that one can do but overall I got a good workout. Later today will be Metabolic Blast. I plan to start the second week of the rotation starting tomorrow and take Tuesday as the "rest" day since it's Hair Max.

So far the plants all look good now that they are outside permanently. We had a minor worry since the temp went into the upper 40s Saturday morning but all seemed none the worse for the wear. Oh, yes, manley, we planted green beans. I have visions of being able to freeze some since in my dreams we will have a tremendous crop!

manleym, so far DH isn't using a tennis ball as part of his assigned exercises, but I suppose they will probably change what he does as he progresses. He's been very diligent about doing them and is using that rubber-tire like band that Michele included with her Peak 10 workouts. It has very little give which is what he needs right now. ITA with you about the Live kickbox workouts being better than the DVDs. Part of that is that I just don't like the IMHO excessively long 9 minute warmups for kickboxing that she does in the DVDs and the other part is what you mentioned---the energy. I decided not to try to pick and choose bands on Amazon or elsewhere and just go with Cathe's offering this time. I'm not a huge fan of Amazon anyway as it's tough to discern whether the reviews are real or not, so I'm more likely to look at the Power Systems website for equipment.

Dang 500 error! Breaking up this post!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 01:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Part 2 of post!

Nathalie, good news about the vaccine and the new job. It is definitely an adjustment establishing a new routine, particularly after 9 years. It sounds like you're in a good situation with your boss and co workers.

Chele and horusosiris, I like CTX but boy, am I glad that we have progressed from the VHS era and have premixes that can combine segments. I should probably try to mess with putting together my own premixes from that series.

horusosiris, I'm envious that your DH is an avid exerciser. I wish mine shared my passion, although I can't really see us doing a lot of working out together. TBH I think he is somewhat intimidated and doesn't want to feel that he is a 98 lb weakling in comparison---not that I'm superwoman, but there's 30+ years of consistent exercising under my belt. When we were going to the gym together, we did our separate things there which worked well for us.

Kim, funny that you have dressed up your DH for the gym. My DH is pretty meticulous about his appearance, so no ripped up t shirts for him in public for sure. There's no way he would tolerate matching what I wear, however---he said it would be too "cutesy" for him. Yes, I rolled my eyes at him after he made that comment.

Chele, you're more than welcome for the DVD. Glad you've gotten some use out of it. I have the RWH series and I like every one of the DVDs, so the Lower Body circuit was a good one and I used it frequently until I was distracted by the next series. ITA with FN1 that you need any of the RWH workouts that you don't already have!

bee, so cool you got to do a workout with Mindy. Was she as kooky as she appears she might be from her DVDs?

FN1, great score by Mr. FN1 of the 30 lb dumbbells! I use the dumbbell handles to make any weight heavier than 25 pounds, but they are a bit awkward.

Kate, yes time does seem to go so fast! Before I know it, I'm 5 days behind in posting and forget what comments I want to make about people's posts!

Waves to Garrie and FOLV!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 05-02-21, 06:17 PM  
horusosiris

I have been trying to post but I keep getting the Internal 500 error so I am just posting this as a test.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 06:25 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Sunday to All

Which Cathe package did everyone get? I wish that Cathe would do a presentation on the bands. I am trying to see what is different(if anything) about her bands.

Today was Perfect Flow followed by a mish-mosh of ES Week 16. Since I am doing Rock Bottoms, I did not want to overdo it by also continuing with ES, so I picked two exercises from every workout and do a total body workout twice per week.
I have been fully vaccinated since February but now the CDC is talking about a booster vaccine in 6-12 months that will take into account the Covid variants.

Linda- Power Up is a good one although I have not don it in over two years. I will have to revisit it when I do a TL rotation.

Mickey and Linda-
Yard Max is indeed a workout. Cathe should film an outside workout that focuses on yard work- LOL.

Manelym- that was a nice mix you did wiht CTX and 4DS.

Catddict- sometimes DH and I do our own exercise program but it is easier to do it together because we can spot each other forheavier lifts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 07:53 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello again, Watulans!

Today I did Metabolic Blast plus the BBW bonus. I chose the premix that included the Calorie Crush and ended up doing the Calorie Crush twice (except for the one legged burpee--I substituted another cardio exercise on the second round. I almost forgot about the bonus---discovered it when I was marking it on my log and after saying a few "choice" words but still did the exercises. So I'm all done with week 1 of the rotation! Yay!

horusosiris, I got the DVDs with the bands since I don't have anything comparable.

Don't dare post anymore since that error 500 may appear yet again!

Old 05-03-21, 05:27 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hello again, Watulans!

Today I did Metabolic Blast plus the BBW bonus. I chose the premix that included the Calorie Crush and ended up doing the Calorie Crush twice (except for the one legged burpee--I substituted another cardio exercise on the second round. I almost forgot about the bonus---discovered it when I was marking it on my log and after saying a few "choice" words but still did the exercises. So I'm all done with week 1 of the rotation! Yay!

horusosiris, I got the DVDs with the bands since I don't have anything comparable.

Don't dare post anymore since that error 500 may appear yet again!
Wow!! I also did Metabolic Blast yesterday since I took Saturday off just in case I wasn't feeling 100 percent after my second dose. I basically just had arm pain again so I did lawn max, which was enough of a workout on Saturday. That Calorie Crush is no joke!!! And twice!!! Impressive! I added on the ab work plus BBW.

Horusosiris...I will probably get the DVD package with bands. I like having the same equipment as Cathe...haha. In the past, I had a different resistance band with handles and I didn't realize how much easier mine was versus the one Cathe was using. I'm still waiting to see if Lift It HIIT It Legs goes on the daily deal. It came so highly recommended by all. Also, envious that your husband exercises!!!

Nathalie...glad to hear vaccines are on their way. Hoping you feel okay afterwards.

Kim...I was surprised no side effects. Everyone I know around my age didn't feel well after second dose. Just a very sore arm here.

Manleym...definitely looking to get the Legs DVD. Waiting for a sale

Fanofladyvols...I joined you ladies for yard work. Not as intense as last weekend. Our grass is growing so quickly with the rain and sunshine. Plus we put down a treatment since it needed help from the crazy hot summer last year. I could probably cut the lawn twice per week since it's so thick right now.

Hi to Kate, Kittybug, Bee and Garrie...hope I didn't miss anyone.

I haven't decided which combo of X10 I will do today. Might just choose a premix that includes 3 of the workouts. I am definitely feeling this Cathe rotation. More intense than Heather's last month.
Well at least for me.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in