Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-20, 07:09 PM  
alisoncooks

Anyone still reaching for 10 Minute Solution DVDs?

The market was full of 10 MS DVDs a decade ago! Oh, the variety! Now they're probably unknown by most new exercisers.

Do you have any ol' favorites that you still reach for?

I regularly use Target Toning with Cindy Whitmarsh. The lower body segments are awesome unweighted moves. Encouraged by this fondness, I recently purchased the two Amy Bento toning 10 MS DVDs (stretchy band and figure 8 loop). I never use the entire disc -- 3-4 segments are my sweet spot...but they also make great add-ons!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 07:22 PM  
rykram

I love these! Forgive me as I can’t remember the titles right now but I do have some favorite instructors and types. I like the dance ones with Jennifer Gerardi. I also like to do the Suzanne Bowen Pilates ones. Those are just a few but I haven’t encountered one that I haven’t liked. I’ve picked up a lot whenever Mary has her sales.

I wish they were still being produced.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 07:51 PM  
bubbles76

I have all but three I haven't reached for them in awhile, but won't part with them. My favorite is one by Amy Bento, 5 Day Get Fit Mix. Excellent when you don't know what to do, but want to do a bit of everything. I also like the HIIT workout, Rapid Results Fat Burner, and Hip Hop Dance Mix.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 08:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

My favorites

Suzanne Bowen:
  • 10 Minute solution Blast Off Belly fat
  • 10 Minute solution Pilates Perfect Body
Jennifer Galardi
  • 10 minute solution dance it off and tone it up
  • 10 minute solution fat blasting dance mix
Lara Hudson
  • 10 min sol. Pilates
  • 10 min sol. Pilates for beginners
  • 10 min sol. Tighten and Tone Pilates
  • 10 min sol. Pilates on the ball
  • 10 min sol. Rapid Results Pilates
Keli Roberts
  • 10 min. sol. Kickbox
  • 10 min sol.Fitness Ball workout
Andrea Leigh Rogers
  • 10 min. sol. Dance your body thin
  • 10 min. sol. Quick sculpt Pilates
Other notables:
10 min. sol. Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (J. Smith)
10 min. sol. Quick Tummy Toners (J. Smith)
10 MS Tummy Trimmers (K. Smith)
10 min sol. Butt Lift (Christine Bullock)
10 min sol. Hip Hop Dance Mix (Kristin Jacobs)
10 min sol. Latin Dance Mix (Stella Sandoval)
10 min sol. Target Toning (Cindy Whitmarsh)
10 min sol. Fitness on the ball (K. Spreen)
10 min sol. Tone Trouble Zones (Amy Bento)

All of them hold a special place in my heart for being fun, helping me get through injuries, or when I needed to restart, or as add ons. Even now, it's so easy to get my DD to agree to do 10 minutes.

A few of them may only have one or two segments I turn to but those segments are so worthwhile that I don't want to part with them.

Love them!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:04 PM  
bfit

I have a bunch of these, I love them, and I still use them a lot. I have what I think is the first one that has Michelle Dozois. It contains boot camp, boxing, yoga, Pilates, and ballet. There's a later one with Michelle Dozois called Carb Burner that I also especially like. I would love to have the Andrea Leigh Rogers one with the soft ball, but I can't find it anywhere now.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:06 PM  
counterclockwise

I just reacquired Ultimate Bootcamp with Jessica Smith and really like it. Also looking at getting her kickboxing one with the gloves again.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:11 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I have a bunch of these, I love them, and I still use them a lot. I have what I think is the first one that has Michelle Dozois. It contains boot camp, boxing, yoga, Pilates, and ballet. There's a later one with Michelle Dozois called Carb Burner that I also especially like. I would love to have the Andrea Leigh Rogers one with the soft ball, but I can't find it anywhere now.
I'm pretty sure I had that Michelle one looonnnng ago, before I was a true vidiot.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:17 PM  
acey

Jessica Smith had a 10-minute Solution Kickbox dvd that I love. I posted way back when that in the Upper Body segment, somehow the music makes me cry because for no apparent reason, it reminds me of Natty, my cat in my profile pic here. Whimsical, sweet, light-hearted. And easy to do all 5 segments and get a great workout.
Old 06-08-20, 09:50 PM  
kristiep

The Lara Hudson titles are great and lend themselves well to the 10-minute format.

Target Toning with Cindy Whitmarsh is also good.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 05:40 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I just bought 10 Minute Solution Pilates Perfect Body, I really like the abs and lower body segments. I don't know how much I will use the others but for me it was worth buying for these two segments alone. I need to check out the stretch part, I think I would use that one too.

I have had a handful of these over the years, there's a few that I wish I would have kept, the original pilates one and beginner one with Lara Hudson. I think I had the other abs one with Suzanne Bowen but didn't keep that one either.

There was a kettlebell one too, I had that one but didn't keep it, plus there were some others from Jessica Smith I had too.

The pilates ones were my favorite, I had that one with the soft ball too and didn't keep that one either which wasn't very smart. You can't find that one at all anymore as someone else stated upthread.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, 10ms, 10ms rotation, cindy whitmarsh, non-region 1 dvds, videohelp.com