Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-20, 07:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
So does Kelly think anyone who does 30 minute workouts is copying her? wth? I've been a Kelly fan for awhile but this just sounds petty, and, as you said, unnecessary. People can be fans of both instructors and there's no need to create animosity.

As far as Cathe's Perfect30, I'm all in, just deciding what format(s) I want.
I'm wondering if it's because of the naming..... Cathe's certainly had 30-ish minute premixes available for a long time, but to come out with a series named "Perfect30" when KCM uses "30 MTF" -- it is kind of close. On the other hand.... there's only so many names that would convey what it is. It is ridiculous of her to think that Cathe has copied her. Doesn't she realize that there is huge overlap in the fan base?!
Old 01-14-20, 07:59 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Anyone see Kelly Coffey Meyer's post on Facebook? First she posts "Hmm" and that's it. I knew it was about this new series. Then she posts another thread saying "The ORIGINAL 30 Minutes to Fitness since 2005". I don't think Cathe is trying to compete with her. I just thought it was unnecessary.
That’s actually funny because that’s what I thought when I read Cathe’s announcement (and I’m not on Facebook so hadn’t seen KCM’s comment). Lol. I miss Cathe staying in the advanced realm. There are tons of 30 minute workouts out there. I’m an hour or more exerciser and feel left out with all these 30 minute offerings. I didn’t love the Step Boss set. It wasn’t advanced and the 45 minute length didn’t make me happy. What am I supposed to do for 15 more minutes? Or I can double it for an hour and a half but I don’t always have the time for that.

I never like Cathe’s stretch workouts and HIIT sounds like what is already available in RWHIIT. I like the sounds of the Pump one. Weight work has always been a strong suit for Cathe anyway. I just wonder if she’ll use different exercises. Hmm, the first preorder price is always the best one but if I don’t use them it’s not a savings.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 08:11 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
That’s actually funny because that’s what I thought when I read Cathe’s announcement (and I’m not on Facebook so hadn’t seen KCM’s comment). Lol. I miss Cathe staying in the advanced realm. There are tons of 30 minute workouts out there. I’m an hour or more exerciser and feel left out with all these 30 minute offerings. I didn’t love the Step Boss set. It wasn’t advanced and the 45 minute length didn’t make me happy. What am I supposed to do for 15 more minutes? Or I can double it for an hour and a half but I don’t always have the time for that.

I never like Cathe’s stretch workouts and HIIT sounds like what is already available in RWHIIT. I like the sounds of the Pump one. Weight work has always been a strong suit for Cathe anyway. I just wonder if she’ll use different exercises. Hmm, the first preorder price is always the best one but if I don’t use them it’s not a savings.
Can I tempt you with HIIT workout? We can split... I'm most interested in the Pump. Stretch? OK but I can live without...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 10:38 PM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
So does Kelly think anyone who does 30 minute workouts is copying her? wth? I've been a Kelly fan for awhile but this just sounds petty, and, as you said, unnecessary. People can be fans of both instructors and there's no need to create animosity.

Didn't Cathe allow Kelly to use her set to film workouts at one time? If she's throwing shade at Cathe, that's not very classy. On the other hand, she could just be kidding/having a little fun. Hopefully it's the latter.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 12:13 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
.... I love to read about people's excitement for this new set.
I LOVE the excitement, too!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 01:42 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I decided on just the DVD’s. I had ordered downloads in the past and never used them. In the past, when I have traveled, I did Cathe Live.

I hope KCM wasn’t throwing shade at Cathe. Even if the titles were the same, which they aren’t, Cathe and Kelly are so different that people and each has her own loyal fans.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 04:08 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Can I tempt you with HIIT workout? We can split... I'm most interested in the Pump. Stretch? OK but I can live without...
I appreciate the offer but Pump is the main one I am interested in too. I’m kind of curious about HIIT if she’s come up with new moves. We’ll have to wait till she does the presale for individual discs I guess.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 08:09 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

This is the first pre-order in a long time I might pass on. I'll buy the Pump, wait for clips on the Hiit to see if it's manic single-arm flying burpees or something insane, and I'm not a fan of Cathe yoga at all so that's an easy no.

I'm glad she's still putting out to-purchase workouts and not just focusing on her live streaming stuff.
Old 01-15-20, 10:07 AM  
TinaS

I'm happy that Cathe's doing a couple more yoga workouts. I rarely do yoga, but really need to. With this series, that would give me 4 yoga options from her, so I hope to incorporate more yoga into my fitness.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 11:30 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:

Michelle Dozois just released the One on One workouts and they're all half an hour each. I'm fans of them all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe perfect30, perfect 30, perfect30