Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-21, 01:05 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Tae Bo Celebrity Fit Sculpt (silly name!) + AM Yoga Standing Poses.

Vannie -Awesome workouts! I don't know where you get all the energy! Great job on the crow pose.

Karjoy - I read that Cathe is not doing any new filming for the Cathe Lives at this point. It's a good thing that she already finished filming her band series before she got the detached retina.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-21, 07:48 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys! One more day before the 3 day weekend. Cannot wait.

Vannie so good to hear from you. I’m like JBliff—I admire your energy and dedication to lots of workout modalities. Maybe you were a decathlon champion in a former life. Do you have lots of exercise equipment? Gosh doing Crow position is beastly hard. Good job!

Jbliff will you be doing any outdoor activities this weekend?

Cher thinking of you and your eyes. Seems like eye issues require a lot of patience. For a week or so I heard that Cathe could only be standing 10 minutes of every hour. Otherwise she had to be lying. Wow.

Gibbee any plans for this long weekend?
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-21, 07:49 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Oh I did a 30 min treadmill run and chest flyes and chest presses this evening.
Old 05-28-21, 12:06 AM  
Vantreesta

Thu 5/27
16 minutes (from CVG Murph training day 27 Thank You -14 min AMRAP of 28 kb swings, 14 goblet squats, 200 M run, 5 burpees over kb +extra .25 mile at the end for RWH) I did 3 full rounds plus all but burpees on 4th round, 25# bell
**00 minutes (from .751 mi for Run With Hal app 15k Base Training Plan day 18)
19 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.27 mi) rainy & blustery all day

Thanks, guys! I just like to do everything so I try to switch it up. Yeah, I do have a lot of equipment. Now that I know I enjoy this type of workouts I need to rearrange my gym so I can get at things more easily.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-21, 09:48 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Pull Day.

Karjoy - We're getting rain all day Saturday and Sunday, but Monday we will be out and about with some friends we haven't seen in over a year. I'm so excited!

Vannie - Glad to see you are feeling good these days!

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-21, 12:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Did someone here ask about my pumpkin pancakes a while back?

I am loving being back to kettlebells and now I know I like CrossFit but I also miss traditional weights so I'm considering alternating weeks, so kettlebell workouts one week, traditional weights with possible kettlebell finishers the next week and CrossFit workouts thrown in wherever I can fit them. We'll see. I change my mind all the time!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-28-21, 09:01 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

The 3 day weekend is here!

Tonight I went back to Burn Boot Camp. I talked to a friend at work who goes there 5 days a week and has been going since last July. She is a Physician Assistant. She said there have been no Covid cases there since she started back.
She said they had also improved ventilation greatly. I felt comfortable. People were really spread out and the AC was cranking. (I remember how it used to feel
really stuffy in there.) They also had several giant fans blowing everywhere. So I think it will be ok. There was lots of air movement.

Vannie I would love to see your exercise area and equipment. Have you formally done Cross Fit? I have friends who love it. The only thing I would really like to have is a squat rack but I promised DH no more equipment.

Jbliff that’s great you are going to see friends on Memorial Day. It’s so wonderful we can almost be human again. You and Vannie can send us some rain.

Hi Gibbee and Cher!
Old 05-28-21, 10:40 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, no I haven't formally done CrossFit. I am not a gym girl at all! Although I have taken a few fitness classes through community ed over the years. I do think it would be fun to flip tires and try battle ropes though! I would love to replace my rower with a C2 and I agree, a squat rack would be nice. Or really for me just a way to do actual pullups. I am doing seated pullups on Cathe's first tower. I think it's too short to really be able to do band assisted pullups, although I really haven't tried. Do you have to be a VF supporter to upload pictures under your profile?

Old 05-29-21, 06:27 AM  
Cher

Second surgery done yesterday! Yay! All went well. Very weird to see without glasses or contacts. Now, another week before I can lift weights or do cardio but I’m on my way! Temps got pretty cold here yesterday and only 40 outside this morning but it’s supposed to go to 60 today and hopefully the sun will stay out so maybe I can get out for a walk a little later.

I did see Cathe’s post. How scary of an issue that is! She had sunglasses just like the ones I have to wear for a few days!

Hopefully I’ll be back to posting regularly next week.

Waves to all of you!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 08:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, so glad the second surgery went well too! Rest up and recover and enjoy no glasses or contacts!