Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-23-21, 06:25 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of May 23

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical + an episode of Essentrics.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 12:53 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gosh you are so good to start us off each week Jbliff. I very much appreciate it.

Yesterday I did a 60 min endurance run from Peloton. Well it said endurance but it was hills the whole time, with a few forays into the flats between sets! It got ouchy at the end. Then this morning Caroline and I ran 6 miles in a hilly neighborhood but we mostly walked the hills, thank heavens. When I got home I did the squats, deadlifts, and pickup squats from Cathe lower body Perfect Pump.
For upper body I did lateral raises 2 sets with 15# and 2 sets with 20#, though I did less reps with the 20s. Also 2 sets of 15# bicep curls and 2 sets of 20# with less reps.

Gibbee I saw on FB that your father in law passed away suddenly. I am so sorry.

Vannie and Cher I hope you ladies are having a good weekend.

Supposed to be in the mid to high 90s starting Tuesday. Ugh….
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 05:05 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff I wanted to tell you I did the Bonus Abs from Pure Pump yesterday and that was perfect! 9 minutes or so.
Old 05-24-21, 06:10 AM  
Cher

Just popping in to say “hello.” Nothing new here. One good eye and one with no contacts or glasses for the week. It’s going to be a long week! We’ve been having nice weather so have gotten in some walks. Today is a little chillier so not sure if I will or maybe do a light Leslie or Jenny Ford just to move around a bit or maybe wait and see if it warms up more this afternoon.

Waves to everyone!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 06:15 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid upper body with the full pyramid and going heavier + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - Great to hear from you. I'm glad the eye is healing well. Is your next surgery Monday?

Karjoy
- I always get up at the crack of dawn so not a big deal to start the new checkin. Isn't that Pump ab work great? I really like it. It feels like an extension of the mobility work.

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 05-25-21, 06:44 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 40-minute walk in the morning + Perfect 30 Mobility Basics + core in the afternoon.

Waves to all.
Old 05-25-21, 08:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher great to hear from you! Thank goodness you can do some walking and that it’s not too hot or cold for that.

Jbliff and Cher I saw on FB yesterday or today that Cathe is now cleared to do 15 minutes of spin bike daily and can start lifting weights as long as it is no more than 20#. I know she’s glad! Been almost 4 weeks since her retina detached.

Rest day yesterday and Caroline and I did speed work today: about 4 miles total with 5X400 meters faster after warming up. Felt good!

Ok we’re hitting the mid 90s this week so pretty brutal. Strangely enough humidity is a lot lower than normal so it is baking hot and not steaming hot. We really need rain. We have not had any in a few weeks. DH played golf today and said it was miserably hot when not in the shade

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee!
Old 05-26-21, 07:02 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid Lower Body up premix + 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - We're in the 90s too and will be for the next several days. I can't wait for a cooldown. That is great news about Cathe. I can imagine how hard it has been for her to be sidelined like that, but so happy it wasn't worse.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 05-26-21, 08:28 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. I’m super tired for some reason so I am taking an extra rest day.
Looking forward to the 3 day weekend.

Jbliff I was glad to hear about Cathe too. Sounds like she can’t do much of any impact. There would be no impact with cycling. I wonder how behind she will be with any filming.

Waves to Vannie and Cher.
Old 05-27-21, 11:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. You have had so much to face. Hugs to you.

Karen, thanks for the update on Cathe. I have been wondering how she's doing.

Cheryl, praying for another successful surgery tmrw.

JBliff, echoing others with thanks for starting us off each week.

I have no idea why I can't seem to post with any regularity. I sat down earlier this morning to do so and got sidetracked with YouTube. Sigh. Anyway, I won't list everything I've been doing but I have been working out consistently, still doing Murph training, running, yoga and kettlebell/bodyweight workouts. Tuesday the Murph workout was death by jump squats. I did 21+ rounds for a total of 237 jump squats! And I already had done my kb workout which included a total of 126 swings, 65 drop squats (that were supposed to be jump squats but I knew I still had "death by" to do so I changed them), and just over 200 mountain climbers! I felt fine after and the rest of that day into yesterday afternoon. By last night I was starting to feel sore and overnight into today, oh my goodness! I think every muscle in my lower body is sore except the ones along my shins! I am postponing "extra" workouts till after Murph now and will just follow my running app and Murph workouts. I'll do my Murph on Tuesday even though most of the others will be doing it on Monday. I am undecided on whether to attempt the full or do a half again.

I have noticed my squats are stronger and cleaner and yesterday I was actually able to do updogs with confidence (had been doing all cobras) and I did wheel pose and was able to hold crow for a while (until the near face plant, oops! ). I love how strong these workouts have been making me feel.

We have been to three Ren Fests so far this season. I missed them so much! The one this past Saturday was the smallest one we've ever been to, I think, but it was still fun, especially since we met friends there. It was our anniversary and hubby bought me a crocheted scarf with skulls I couldn't stop looking at. Sunday we played D&D with those same friends.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote