Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-20, 09:44 AM  
Hsim

Last night I did the Yoga workout and I liked it quite a bit. This one had a couple of different moves which will add some variety to my yoga collection.
The other thing is I can see myself adding some of the timesaver premixes of yoga and mobility moves as a finisher. I think I will get a lot of use out of these.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 01:29 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I've done the low hiit and upper body. I enjoyed both. The low hiit worked the legs fairly well and the upper body had some newer moves that I enjoyed. (I actually felt it the next day) I haven't done the yoga/mobility one (yet) but I plan too soon.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 04:53 AM  
Helen

Pump Lower - Basic Mix 8 (+Lower Bonus + Extended Stretch)
- Yup, fine, good, no problem. The Mix was 44min (following Rotation with XTrain); matched weights with Cathe fine. Didn't love it - essentially ONLY because it was leg work ! but didn't come away annoyed or disappointed in any way either - and my bum still hurts 2 days later - probably from bonus bit with all-fours, weight in crook of knee, rear leg lifts.
Any further details I can't recall. I'm not normally one to love/hate sets or music unless the music is super fun (Christi / older Cathe).

Pump Upper (done tonight so details fresh)
- um.... for a 30min workout - the setup/packup takes it to 45min, at least.
She SLAYED me with the weights she used !!! can usually match, but pretty-well only matched on the 5lb for shoulders.

Felt rushed to get it all in the 30min - but knowing what weights/tubing to use for each move next time should alleviate that feeling somewhat.

NOT to the beat of the music so had to keep glancing at screen to match pace - I'm definitely a 'work to the beat' person.

Really like having Brenda and Jai in this set though.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 08:47 AM  
dianestjohn

I was not thrilled with either weight workout - I’m not a super heavy weight person and UB was kinda rushed with sooooooo much equipment. HIIT High Impact was burpee hell for me and the yoga workout was just ok. Still adore Cathe, so thankful that somebody is putting out dvds, but underwhelmed. Last night I finally did HIIT Low Impact and Mobility - completely in love with both of them! The HIIT was just exactly challenging enough for me and I loved that some of the intervals were different lengths so you can’t predict what’s coming and it feels fresh throughout. And the mobility is one of the best stretch workouts I’ve ever done, I felt the effects immediately afterward when I rolled up my yoga mat and was able to extend about 6 inches more than usual when I bent from the waste - last night I slept like a baby. Mobility has a hurt-so-good quality that I associate with yin yoga or a deep-tissue massage and I think it’s really effective. So these 2 workouts alone are worth the price of the whole set for me 💕
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 01:08 PM  
muggle

I'm probably in the minority here....I don't like the workouts at all. In Cathe's defense, I'm sick of HiiT (not her fault). I did them both once and promptly got rid of them. The strength workouts...meh. Nothing new or exciting there either. I love most of what Cathe puts out (and I'm glad she still does) but these were not worth my money. I did enjoy the yoga and mobility though. I need that in my life.

I also have an issue w/ "off the beat" stuff. So many instructors have great workouts w/ great music. I need to follow the beat! Enough already! And don't get me started on the cheap dvd cases. Another bee in my bonnet!!

That's all.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 03:32 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

I’m a bit late to the party, but this set has been a good purchase for me. The only one I haven’t done is the high impact HiiT.

I like everything I’ve done, except the yoga, but that’s not usual for me. However, I love the mobility workout.

Overall, I love having 30 min workouts from Cathe, especially weights. But the truly unexpected surprise for me was the pyramid HiiT bonus. I love it and have been using it as a stand alone cardio by adding the warm up from the low impact HiiT dvd. I then have time to do something more extended for my cool down stretch, whether it’s the mobility dvd or something from another instructor. Huge winner for me, plus I love the pyramid format and any workout with a timer!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 11:30 AM  
Karla25

Well, I finally got around to doing the yoga workout. There were so many negative/meh reviews I just kept putting it off. However, in my virgin/dustbunny workout quest I whipped this one out this morning.

I loved the workout for several reasons Cathe works balance, coordination and light strength. Her workout is unique, which is usually a big plus for me in any workout since it keeps me mentally alert. No daydreaming through this one!
Old 09-04-22, 04:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Karla, glad you liked the yoga one. I did too, particularly after a couple of times!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 06:42 PM  
prettyinpink

Thanks for that review.

Lately I’ve been enjoying Tracie Long’s Core Movement DVDs for mobility, and I was thinking about what might be along similar lines. I think I’ll give these mobility and yoga ones of Cathe’s a try.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 08:23 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Karla, glad you liked the yoga one. I did too, particularly after a couple of times!
Me three! And I love the mobility one plus the mix and match premixes
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, dumbbell size, heels elevated, mbf, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30, perfect30 reviews