Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-21, 09:20 PM  
rhbrand

STS grads, A rest week question

Trying to get my ducks in a row before I start STS next week

Trying to decide what to do on the week that is in between the meso

What did you all do? Total rest? Something like like walking and yoga style workouts?

I was sort of thinking some barre, yoga and walking in that off week. What do you STS grads think
Old 10-26-21, 09:26 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Be careful I took a deliberate rest week about a month ago. I so enjoyed sleeping in, it took me 4 weeks to get back to exercising. My suggestion, do something, don't let the habit lapse like I did.
Old 10-26-21, 09:34 PM  
bubbles76

I think I did yoga and stretching. I am a firm believer in rest days, but a week off is usually too much even for me.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 08:37 AM  
owltx

I use the week for cardio, walking, gentle yoga, and stretching. Definitely agree it's good to do something during that week - I think the idea is just to lay off weights that week and not do anything too strenuous.
Old 10-27-21, 10:09 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Looking back at my workout log, my first recovery week (between Mesos 1 and 2) I did really stupid things like working out to Patrick Goudeau, Bob Harper, Amy Dixon, not doing enough yoga, you get the idea. The second and third recovery weeks (between Mesos 2 and 3 and after) I did WAY more yoga plus just a couple of intense Cathe cardio workouts because I didn't do much cardio during STS. I recall really needing those recovery weeks from a weights perspective. Yoga and barre and walking/whatever cardio you like would be your friends. I think Cathe says something like it's a recovery, not a vacation, hah!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 12:04 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I didn't totally rest for the whole week. I did a lot more cardio, probably not the same killer ones that kittybug did (well, not that I recall anyway ). I did need the break from the weights for sure.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 12:17 PM  
bubbles76

I'm pretty sure when I did STS that I did Cathe's STS cardio. I did the STS rotation years after it was first released, so Cathe's STS cardio workouts were also released during that time. I probably incorporated cardio workouts that were along the same intensity as the STS cardio as well.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 01:01 PM  
warriorprincess

I did mostly barre and stretch/mobility workouts.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recovery week, rest week, sts