Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-24-21, 11:52 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of October 24

Hi all. I didn't do a workout yesterday as we had a couple come visit from northern VA and we went out to celebrate two birthdays in the group. We went to a pretty good Spanish restaurant and then played games the rest of the night and had chocolate cake. It was a lot of fun.

Karjoy - I have never read Dracula, believe it or not. After your comments, I probably never will . I would never watch or read Silence of the Lambs. The whole storyline is super creepy to me.

I can't tell you how spectacular our weather is. We did go for a short walk to the restaurant yesterday and it was so nice. Today is also nice and sunny. We are in for a stretch of pretty good weather here.

Waves to all. Have a great Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 05:39 AM  
Cher

Saturday I started Cathe’s Low Impact Step (Sash Series) step only premix. Oh my gosh! I’m so out of shape! (Or maybe just a bad day ). I was so tired after 15 minutes but kept going until about 25 minutes then gave up! Nothing yesterday. Will do a weight workout of some kind today.

Karen - Nice you are having a bit cooler weather for Florida.

JBliff - Your Saturday night sounds like fun and yay for nice weather there too!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 08:17 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was ICE Metabolic Blast.

Cher - Good for you sticking it out for 25 minutes. It's better than nothing.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 10-25-21, 06:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff, I did not think I would react to Dracula that way either! Somehow Bram Stoker just nailed the scene of Dracula crawling up the castle wall to get to his victim’s bedroom. Shudder. Never will I watch or read Silence of the Lambs again.

Resting today and did an hour on the treadmill. Sneaky Peloton threw some hills into a supposed endurance workout. Not too bad though.

Cher that Low Impact Step workout was pretty darned intense. I remember that because I like it a lot and did it pretty often. And it was about 75 minutes long if you did the weights too. You should congratulate yourself!

I’m seeing lots of cute pictures of my friends and their kids at local Pumpkin Patches. The kids look like they are having lots of fun.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 04:57 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical and an episode of Essentrics focusing on abs & back.

Karjoy - I used to do the Low Impact Circuit workout all the time too, to the point now where I'm somewhat burned out on it!

We're still having great weather here but it has cooled down a bit. I don't think we'll get to 70 the rest of the week. I'm enjoying the cooler weather though.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 10-26-21, 08:33 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: could not face the treadmill when our weather was so gorgeous after work, low 70s with low humidity. So it was a 30 minute brisk walk which revived me immensely. More and cooler weather is on the way!
Old 10-27-21, 06:23 AM  
Cher

Workout Monday was Cathe’s Supersets (thanks for the reminder JBliff). I was short on time but I did the first 3 sets and added a set of back rows. Workout yesterday was Cathe’s Lower Impact Step. At least I made it through this one and the 2 blasts. Not sure if I will get in a workout today. We are getting our carpets cleaned so have to move lots of stuff out of those rooms. Tomorrow, have to be up early again to take my sister back to the hospital to try another procedure on her back again to see if she can get some pain relief.

JBliff - No watch, reading or even listening to Silence of the Lambs for me!

Karen - I used to do the all step premix from Low Impact Circuit all the time. Oh well, I like that premix so I will try it again another time. Your walk weather sounds perfect!

Our temps are high in the 50’s. It’s not to bad if/when the sun is out. The leaves are finally starting to change here too.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 09:09 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 40-minute walk in the morning and ICE Bootcamp in the afternoon.

Cher - I hope your sister gets some relief this time!

Karjoy - A walk is lovely in good weather.

Old 10-27-21, 08:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Went to Burn tonight for legs. Gosh that was a good workout. Old fashioned walking lunges, goblet squats, KB deadlifts, glute bridges with a 45# DB on hips and feet in froggie position and a couple others.

Cher crossing my fingers for a route to pain relief for your sister.

Gonna get hammered with rain tonight and then cooler weather.
Old 10-28-21, 11:52 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 35 minutes on the elliptical + Perfect30 Yoga.

Karjoy
- We're enjoying cooler weather too and I'm really enjoying it. Those Burn workouts sound like fun.

Cher
- How is your sister doing?