Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-07-21, 11:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today has been one of those days - from the minute I turned on my computer to now.

Ugh

Anyway- I'm still in rehab mode so today I did an oldie from my collection -

Yoga for Stress Relief w/ Barbara Benagh practice for the SI Joint. This is a good one for that area - very gentle and restorative.

I think for a few days at least I'm going to stick w/ these type of yoga and Pilates practices until everything is settled down.

this is not the worst flare I have ever had, but I'm tired of these chronic little flare ups I have every few weeks so I would like to get things calm and settled and then avoid my triggers...and sometimes that is hard b/c you don't know a trigger until it triggers something.

I actually like the Just the Workouts check in - b/c writing out a list like that helps me see the patterns - and figure these things out.

I hope to get out for a walk today!

on a positive note, doing the workout I did today made me realize what a treasure trove of DVDs I have. Maybe I should focus on my DVDs rather than always looking for something new! I haven't done many of them in years now.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 05:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I didn't get to work out today. I had to go to Comcast this morning to upgrade my TV boxes and the modem. I tried unsuccessfully to do it for over a year online, via chat and by calling them. THEY HAVE THE WORST AND THE DUMBEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! I procrastinated because the very thought of dealing with Comcast filled me with dread. Nothing with them is ever without problems, complications or pushback. They'll lie too if it suits them. I finally had to go to their store to do the swap this morning because streaming was becoming a real issue. The guy that was helping us said setting up modem will be easy-peasy, just download their app and it will guide you through the set up. Sounds simple, right? WRONG! Their set up app is worthless and kept telling us for hours that it couldn't find the gateway. We finally got it set up about 30 min ago. I don't know how, but all of a sudden we had internet. Pretty much the whole day was wasted. I hate comcast but don't have too many choices in my area.

I'll check back with my workout tomorrow. Waves to all!
Old 10-07-21, 05:20 PM  
donnamp

We have Comcast here as well, Dana - no FIOS in our neighborhood so we are stuck w/ Comcast for internet.

Generally, they are not too bad here and the few times I have had to call them they were helpful --

Donna
Old 10-07-21, 08:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I'm sure if I tried to upgrade, that's what Spectrum would put me through. I'm glad it finally worked. One day I called spectrum bc the phone didn't work and the CS rep asked if they could call me back on my cellphone..and I said, "Um, no, call me on my home phone after you fix it." Sheesh!

Donna that sounds like a good plan. Maybe you can come up with a good prehab plan to use before cardio workouts? Or maybe some exercises to squeeze in for breaks during cardio? I swear taking breaks to do mobility makes a huge difference for me with my back, knees and shoulders.

Carol did a Trifecta nighttime pilates workout and it was so gentle and fantastic. Loved it!

Today was CS #416 muscle chains; kettlebell strength, plus EBE1 and added MH60 cooldown #3.

Waves to Pam, Brenda and Beth! Happy Friday to everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 08:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Day 11 - Lower & Upper Body Routine - 30 minutes
One of my favorites, but not a killer by any means.

Tomorrow is an in service day - yay - which hopefully means I'll be able to work in peace. All the teachers will be training and many of the office folks are taking a day off. I'm working because - of course - I have work I need to get done, mainly payroll, so I can focus on finishing up audit prep next week. I'm way behind on getting everything to the auditors this year, but I spent a solid week or more getting everything ready for a government reimbursement submission that was due yesterday. My first real experience with government bureaucracy, and it was something. If I get payroll finished up quickly, I may leave for the day right after lunch. And yay, Monday is a holiday except for a 6:30 pm Zoom that night.

Dana - Does anyone like their Internet provider? I don't know of anyone who does and I sure don't. I guess that person might exist somewhere, in some dimension.

Donna - Interesting about your Addams Family neighbors. Any tombstones in that overgrown yard?

I've told y'all about my next door neighbor whose drug addict son was stealing stuff from her house through the skylight that's right off my backyard porch, haven't I? We saw her son up working (we thought) on the roof once or twice - not unusual, because he did all that kind of stuff for her. One day I came home from work and there was a pair of handlebars sticking out of her skylight. Shortly thereafter, she came home from work and the next thing I knew, I heard "OMG!!" and screaming coming from the skylight. Turns out the neighbor's son - not the brightest bulb - had broken into her house through the skylight (after she kicked him out - which we didn't know) and was trying - with a friend - to push a motorcycle out through the skylight. It got stuck, he and the friend fled, etc., etc., etc. The reason he was using the skylight is that she had installed an alarm system, but the skylight was not hooked up to it. It was after that. The police came, and they had to find someone who could remove the motorcycle. It was a mess. That was all we saw of him for a while. Now he's back over there living with her again...

Linda - Glad you enjoyed the Trifecta workout. I think I've done one of her Bedtime Pilates routines and enjoyed it.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 07:39 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Tone Every Zone - 30min.
GHUTV Core Pilates Blast - 30min.

Both of these were off Walk, Sweat and Sculpt DVD and both were very good. This was the first time I did the Core Blast and it had a nice enough variety of core moves to keep things going. I liked it and will do this one again.

I haven't connected our wifi range extender yet and since our modem is on the 4th floor and my workout room is on the ground level, I didn't even attempt to stream anything. That's on my to do list for today.

Carol and Donna, after reading about your neighbors, I told myself to never again complain about mine. I did however tell my dh that if we ever move again, I want to get a house with a 10 foot high wall around us.

Foggy and rainy morning here today. Just the kind of day I love! I don't have to work today, so I plan to run some errands and enjoy it.

Waves to all!
Old 10-08-21, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still in gentle mode.

Last night DD and I walked our Golden so that was good and I did Ellen's Pilates Mix. I enjoy that little 20 min workout.

Today I pulled out another of my standards for rehab - Barbara Benagh Back Care Yoga I did the "revitalizing" practice which is the one I usually do when I need to rehab.

I'm planning to stick with rehab Yoga and Pilates for the weekend and will hopefully be back in action come next week.

Carol - my whole life is gov't bureaucracy! LOL! What a neighbor! For the most part here we just have the nosey buttinski types. My DD's friend (not sure if he is her BF or just a friend and she won't tell me since she is a teenager!) typically parks on the street rather then in our driveway when he comes over. He has a real junker of a car and he says he is afraid to park in our driveway b/c it is on a hill...and may roll back. Anyway some neighbor left a note on his car saying not to park there and not to park on the grass - well it is OUR grass. Why do they care? Anyway, that is mostly what we deal with....there are a few houses here that are clearly owned by hoarders, but fortunately not in our immediate area.

Dana - hope all goes well your wifi!

Linda - that is a good idea about mobility!

I see Season 13 of CS is free to stream this weekend. I may give some of those a go.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Donna
Old 10-08-21, 11:06 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Comcast saga continues....this morning I tried to change the 2 TV boxes we got yesterday from the old ones to new ones. The first box was not the right kind for what we had and needed. We need a component box and not just a simple one with only a replacement cable and and HDMI outlet. The guy yesterday never asked us what we need, he just shoved it into the bag and called it a day. Shame on me for not checking it out closely. You'd think that he checked what we returned and gave us a replacement for the exact one we had. But NOOOO! So, this won't work for us.

The second TV box should be just a clean swap, right? Again, WRONG! I've just spent over an hour on the phone with the agent (when I eventually got a live person!) who told me the guy in the store yesterday should have disabled my old boxes and activate the new ones. I saw him scanning all serial numbers and I thought that's what he did. After all, he should know how to do a simple equipment swap. I spent a total of 10 min in Xfinity store yesterday and when I left, I told my dh that I felt uneasy about how quickly that went and I'm sure something will be wrong as it always is with comcast. Ugh.... after an hour I got the main TV box working and I re-activated my old box on the other TV and everything is working once again. If I never have to deal with comcast again, it will still be too soon!

I'll deal with the wifi range extender later. I wore myself out screaming at comcast just trying to get to the live person. My dh always laughs when I yell at the automated voice. I know it's irrational but it makes me feel better!
Old 10-08-21, 03:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana you'd have liked our weather...very wet and gray I hope you have a quick set up on your wifi!

Donna I'm glad you are finding how great your DVD collection is. I had that moment the other day myself. Very grateful for all the wonderful advice VFers have given me over the years so that I have a collection that is so varied!

Today I did two practices from Flow with Mira spinal mobility, and a pre pilates breathing #1. Also did Self Firm Flat Abs fast which was so great!

Happy Friday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 04:43 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana I hope you have a quick set up on your wifi!
Hi Linda! I just finished setting up our wifi extender. Not comcast, so the actual instructions were correct and to the point. Had it running in less than 5 minutes. I'm very pleased! Now, my internet is so much faster! I should have no issues with streaming in my workout now!