Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-21, 06:31 PM  
Gams

Today I went for my pre-surgery COVID test. When I had the test in July, they used the method where they stick the long q-tip up your nose and pierce your brain. 😆 It hurt and my eyes watered for a half hour afterward. I asked the guy today if he was going to do the same test. He said, “We don’t do it that way anymore.” He handed ME the q-tip and I circled it around a couple times in each nostril and then snapped off the end and put it in a plastic bag. I was so happy not to have to do the other test and lose what few brain cells I have left.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 02:56 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
We finally got our power back 3 weeks post Hurricane Ida!
Oh that must feel absolutely JOYOUS!! Did you live like you were camping? Did you hire a generator? Are the oven and stove gas?
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 06:57 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

DH and I leave for vacation one week from today! I'm a little stressed about it as we have to board the dogs and have a new pet sitter for the cats but I'm sure it will all be fine.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

After a very rough four years in HS, my daughter is in college and seems much happier!!

Also I had an eye appointment yesterday and my vision is actually improving with age - an upside to age is that I'm becoming less nearsighted! I do need reading glasses though. But that is a positive spin on getting older for me.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 08:36 AM  
Gams

donnamp - The same thing happened to me. I was sure the eye doctor was wrong because I had worn glasses for such a long time, but he said I no longer need them for distance. I, too, need reading glasses now.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 08:52 AM  
Pam

The aspen trees are turning golden colors and I can see their beauty from every window in my house and great hiking.

The land below mine is finally being developed. This area was split up into mining claims in the late 1800s. Mining claims are long and narrow, so their house could have been placed fairly closed to mine or about a 1/4 mile away and they have decided to built that far from mine. I like the peace and quiet that I will still have.
Old 09-18-21, 11:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I am a great grandaunt X2! Little Seamus Michael born Friday at 7:00 a.m. Mom and baby are both wonderful.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 11:28 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I am a great grandaunt X2! Little Seamus Michael born Friday at 7:00 a.m. Mom and baby are both wonderful.
Aww. Congrats. Love the name!

I'm happy this a.m. because I've discovered movie-based ambient music on YouTube. In a Harry Potter mood? There's music and ambience for that. LOTR? Check. What about just plain ol' coffee shop vibes? Yep. (This was a spin off of my exploring lofi, which isn't really for me, but Harry Potter instrumental chill sounds -- totally for me!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 11:53 AM  
MathTeacher

Our new bed was delivered today!!
Old 09-18-21, 12:26 PM  
imhere2dance

I have some news!

I met a man on Twitch in January. I wasn't looking for a relationship on a gaming platform of all places and neither was he. lol. We were on a channel that streams old cooking shows. It began with us talking and teasing in the chat. We began sending private messages about a month later. After that came voice chats a couple of times a month. That progressed to private messages, texting, AND nightly voice chats that last for hours. We talk about everything. He's flying out here for five days on October 4. He lives in IL and I live in VA. We've shared tons of pics, so no surprises there. lol. I'm really excited. We're both hoping we'll have as much fun in person as we do talking. And we'll decide where to go from there during or after his visit.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good news