Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-12-21, 01:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Dana, so glad to hear that Oliver is back to normal! Maybe he just wanted to see how much you loved him, and you clearly passed the test. It's funny how getting dehydrated can really mess everything up.

Nothing like being on fluids at the vet's office, at least that's what my Norfolks have always said.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 01:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Friday was a rest day for me.

Yesterday’s workouts:
~BellyFit Shakti Warrior: Free Flow
~Ballet Beautiful: Bikini Cardio Blast
~Strapless in 10: Day 6 - More pushups, modified & used my push up handles.
~PT exercises
~Trifecta Pilates challenge: Day 1 - I did the first 15 min. It was okay, but 30 min is longer than I wanted. I prefer the shorter YT workouts from Robin Long & Jessica Valant
~Yin on my own….forward bends, side bends, twists, hip openers + hip & upper body MELT.

Dana - So glad Oliver us feeling better!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 09:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was another Flexibility & Balance workout from Silver&Fit -

Silver&Fit - International Flexibility & Balance with Kim 9/11/21 - 30 minutes

This one was filmed in Costa Rica; you could hear the ocean waves in the background. The focus here was more on flexibility than balance, but there were some balance challenges. The instructor was very pleasant and I would definitely do another one of her classes.

Pam - Nice job with your workouts. I'm with you, 30 minutes of pilates is generally 15 minutes too long.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 09-13-21, 06:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday... (Not!)

This weekend's workouts were pretty light since we had company. I am hoping to maybe get something in this afternoon or evening after work. Maybe Ellen's newest or some Pilates or a walk or something.

Dana - I'm glad Oliver is feeling better.

Pam - I haven't done any of Beth's workouts for the challenge yet!

Carol - Silver & Fit sounds nice!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 05:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana thanks so much for letting us know all was well. We need Oliver not to scare us like that though.

Yesterday was an over 4 mile hike and just gorgeous weather for it. We DID have to let a snake pass first at one point. He was just a rat snake but you know, still a snake.

Today was Sandry's Flat Abs 1st 3 segments and PIYO Full body blast.

Hope everyone has a peaceful Monday evening.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 05:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Sunday’s workouts:
~Functional fitness: Completely emptied & reorganized my little studio, steam cleaned the floors & all of my mats. Also cleaned & readied our trailer for our last camping trip on Tues. Put in almost 9000 steps.
~Jessica Valant 15 Minute Full Body Pilates Ring Workout (YT)
~Strapless in 10: Day 7

Today’s workout, before my PT appointment:
~Essentrics 25 min standing - another of my friend’s saved classes
~PT exercises
~Pilatesology 10 Minute Magic Circle Workout (YT) - As you can see, I’m on a magic circle kick.
~Strapless in 10: Day 8

I had another IMS treatment today so I’m resting on my heating pad, lol. My hip is slowing improving so I hope the trend continues!

Carol - That workout sound great, good instruction & beautiful scenery.

Donna - Hope you had a fun weekend with your company.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 05:24 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Dana, so glad to hear that Oliver is back to normal! Maybe he just wanted to see how much you loved him, and you clearly passed the test.
Carol
I love this, Carol!

Nothing to report for today. I had a very busy morning so no regular workout but now I'm thinking of doing some yoga or stretching and call it a day.

I probably won't continue with WH paid membership beyond this month. I don't want to do 50 min workouts and as creative as Karen is, there is a sameness to her longer workouts. Maybe I'll pull out her DVD set and do couple of weeks of that.

The thread about Ellen's downloads got me thinking about subscribing to her site for month or so to try her new workout. I have all her DVDs so instead of buying 3 twenty minute downloads for $20, I could just join for couple of months for $12 and try several of the new workouts. I see that today she posted a new one that looks like it could be a good one. If anyone has any comments about Ellen's subscription site, I'd love to hear them.

Oliver seems to have completely recovered from whatever it was. I wish however that I knew what was ailing him and why. I like to have clear answers so that I can keep him healthy and safe.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-13-21, 09:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver&Fit - International Strength with Natalie 8/18/21 - 30 minutes;
This strength workout was filmed at a resort in Mexico somewhere. The sand was really white and there were palm trees and ocean waves in the background - what's not to like? The workout itself used weights and resistance tubing. The poor instructor had a few filming mishaps, but it was not enough to make me stop or change workouts. When you are doing live workouts, stuff happens.

Flow with Mira - Hip Mobility - 33 minutes
This is the first workout of Mira's that I have done. My sense has been that her workouts are probably a little tougher than I would like (and often longer than I would like). This workout was good and a little challenging in spots. It wasn't terribly difficult like Pilates By Lisa workouts can be, but it was definitely harder than Pilates Nest workouts.

I've had back to back Zooms tonight and it's getting close to bedtime. I'll chat tomorrow night.

Carol
Old 09-14-21, 07:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

WH Ab, Butt & Thigh Burner (youtube) - 16min. Terrific!
ePilates Abs Intermediate - 16min
JV Knee Pain - 6min tutorial

For the past few days I've been having left knee pain so I've decided to do some floor work today instead of cardio, and I looked at Jessica Valant's knee pain tutorial. I'll try doing the exercises she showed and hopefully it will help the pain. I don't have bad knees and I suspect that doing SBF barre which is very lower-body intensive aggravated my knees. The indignities of getting older. Every day there's is something new in terms of aches and pains.

I have to go to the office today. I'll check back later. Waves!
Old 09-14-21, 07:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver&Fit - International Cardio with Penny 8/19/21 - 30 minutes;
Another workout from Cancun Mexico - this one was poolside. It was a windy, cloudy day. This low impact cardio workout was done interval style. Penny would teach the moves and then add a slightly higher intensity variation for the intervention.

Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Quick Abs Workout
Part of Jessica's 10 Minute series from last year.

Dana - I highly recommend Voltaren gel for achy knees. It's over the counter now and I find that it truly does help my knees.

Waves to all ~

Carol

Tags
bobandbrad