Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-05-21, 05:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~BellyFit Shakti Warrior: Embody & Activate
~Go Strapless in 10 Days: Day 1 - This is a Daily Om course focused on upper back, shoulders, & arms, ten days, 10 minutes per day. I felt this one so I look forward to more.
~Pilates Physio: 13 min advanced core workout - I don’t think I’ll be buying a sub when my trial ends, it’s effective but a bit too dry.
~supported seated & reclined yin on my own…forward bends, hip stretches, side stretches, & twists

KarenJo - Oh that sounds so scary! I’m so glad you & your DH are okay!

Beth - I look forward to your newest yoga practice! I also look forward to more of SeniorShape, especially Pilates since I’m trying to do more floor work these days.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 06:14 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I bake my JSPs at 400 degrees for 1 hour however, big ones will take 20 to 30 minutes longer depending on size. I turn them over half way through cooking. If you stick a knife in the middle and it goes through easily, then it's done.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 06:28 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Paine - I’ve had a hard time finding JSPs lately, sigh. I want to try roasting them in my new air fryer oven

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-05-21, 07:45 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Lower Body Sculpt from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

Beth: I previewed the SeniorShape knee-focused workout you linked. I liked it for what it was -- a gentle lower body strengthening routine with stretching -- but it is milder than what my body wanted to do today. The instuctor presented well, and I would be interested in checking out more of her videos.

Karen Jo: Oh no! Thankfully both of those fires got squashed before they got out of control like the Caldor fire. I just turned on my evening news and there is yet another new fire, near Auburn. Hoping that one gets controlled quickly, as it is my understanding the Auburn area is especially vulnerable to fire due to the quantity of dry vegetation. My local VF buddy has a son who lives in South Lake Tahoe, and he had to evacuate. Thankfully I saw that as of a couple hours ago residents can return.

I'm doing some rearranging of my exercise room. After considerable thought I am letting go of my rebounder and stationary bike, and possibly the Fluidity Bar (that one is still a maybe). I also went through and packed away at least 75% of my workout DVDs. Basically I am simplifying down to what I like and use regularly. I plan to add in a daybed, which will give the room some versatility.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 04:00 AM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

Yesterday was:
- Bellyfit - Open & Receive. Nice, like a moving meditation and only 20 minutes. Thank you Pam for mentioning the sale.
- HealthBarre - Intensive Top Up
- MFML Your Daily Feet Practice (9m)
- Ekhart Yoga - Sunset Nectar

This morning:
- Body Groove - 15 minute Blues workout. I don't usually like Blues music but loved the tracks on this. I wasn't feeling energetic, so this fit the bill.
- MFML - Pilates for Strength - Strong Hamstrings. Garrie (thank you) mentioned in another thread how we are so quad dominant, so thought I'd try and work my hamstrings more. It was quite tough.
- Ek Yoga - Yamuna for the Shins (12m) - Nichi mentioned how great this work is for bone density and as it's something I've been thinking about lately, now that I'm getting older, I think I'll put up with the pain. I've never done the shins before. Boy, did they hurt!

Sandra - Your new space sounds nice. I don't blame you getting rid of things if you're not using them anymore. I do the same. My DH is a terrible hoarder, which drives me nuts sometimes! Do you ever get back to San Francisco for a visit? I have fond memories of the city, as I used to travel there back and forth quite a bit.

Karen Jo - I'm so glad you are safe. What a terrible ordeal and I can only imagine the stress you and your husband have been under. I hope this is the last of the fires for this year. Sending best wishes to your DH too.

Pam - The Daily Om course sounds good. I did a Belly Dance course of theirs this summer, which was fun. I think I've only ever had one dud. Do you like your air fryer? I've thought about buying one but wasn't sure if I'd use it enough.

Paine - We don't get JSPs here but I thought of you when we were in Arizona last year and I managed to find some in a local Albertsons. Very . I'm glad you had a good time in London. It's only 90 mins by train from us to the centre of London but we hardly ever go!

Beth - I'd love to take a class of Sandra's. Unfortunately, she's in Australia, so it's only streaming and Zoom. I'm looking forward to trying your new practice.

Pat - I love hearing about your wildlife. On one our walks last week, we saw a large heron just sitting on a neighbour's roof. Hope you managed to get in some nice beach walks over the weekend.

Cyana - Hope you were able to fit in some 'me' time over the weekend and that this week isn't so busy.

Waves to all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 09:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It's so nice to have a long weekend.

Saturday featured Yoga with Kassandra 15 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch for Beginners. Later on I walked to the Revolutionary War fort near my house to see a battle reenactment, but there was a big crowd milling about closely without masks on so I turned around and left. I bothered my back by climbing over the stone wall to get photos of the soldiers' encampment; one of them came over and told me to "evacuate," LOL 6,000 steps for the day.

Sunday I used the Unf**k Your Habitat method to get a bunch of house cleaning projects done, with many short reading breaks.

Beth, that sounds kind of awkward to teach in the doorway of the two rooms. Nice bike ride!

Pam, I know it's hard for you to have to cut back intensity, sending hugs. I still haven't tried "senior" but her offerings look great. You have me interested in the Daily Om strapless series - please let me know if it contains planks/pushups, if not I might buy it.

Sandra, thank goodness your cold is starting to dissipate. That is one stubborn virus. What made you decide to let go of your rebounder?

KarenJo, that sounds so scary with the planes and Go Bags. It sounds like you're doing your best to keep up. How stressful about your DH.

Paine, I haven't seen Murisaki potatoes but I hope they'll show up here. Their big mama JSPs are so hard to cut.

Margot, my DH is a hoarder, too. I've been selling and donating a lot of things in an effort to streamline. He has "separation issues" sometimes and it's my own property, eye roll. Lots of great therapeutic mind and body work for you.

Waves all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - Donna on my other check-in alerted me to this clip, which tickled my Irish funny bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWCSShupBrI&t=28s
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 09:54 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth's V.I.P. Yoga | SUPPORTED REST tutorial
Essentrics

Beth, thank you for your supported rest tutorial. I enjoy laying on the floor with my legs on a chair.

Pam, JSPs have been harder to find around here lately. Let me know how you like them in the air fryer.

Pat, I'm laughing at the funny Irish yoga video!!
Yes, those large JSPs are difficult to cut in half longways! Sometimes I need my DH to help me with that. He is strong yet even he struggles with those big ones sometimes.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 10:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, that video is funny! It is actually challenging to teach in the doorway - at least this time I didn't have the 2 rooms AND the livestream!

Paine, I'm sure you know how to set yourself up to rest already, but maybe my voice kept you company (I was thinking that Linda could do that too).

Since I'm at work today with not a lot going on (knock wood!), I filmed a new meditation video. Ugh, I had to restart so many times for various reasons! I think I finally got it; I'll post it shortly.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 11:28 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning & Happy Labour Day!

Pat - Thanks for the hugs. I think DH and I will venture out to the beach park today as it’s a nice flat loop. My PT told me to use a cane (god forbid ) or take my walking poles to keep my hips level. So walking poles it is. And that video is hilarious! I’ll have to share it, especially for DS2 & DIL who spent four years on the Emerald Isle.

Margo - I’m glad you enjoyed the BF workout. Alice is very generous with her sales and she occasionally offers freebies too. I love my Air Fryer oven, use it almost every day. With just two of us at home, I rarely need my big oven. It even has a rotisserie which I have yet to try. Garrie makes a good point about quad dominance & it’s definitely a contributing factor to my hip issue. I’m doing my PT glute exercises faithfully!

Sandra - Your workout room changes sound nice, good to have a more multi purpose room. It’s a tough decision to get rid of equipment. I sold my fluidity barre a few years ago & DH installed an inexpensive wall barre with a length of stair railing & heavy duty shelf brackets. My rebounder is one I couldn’t part with though. I keep thinking I should get one of those big hooks for a bicycle on the wall to get it out of the way if needed. I have two big foam mattresses stashed in the closet that I occasionally use in there for extra houseguests when I have a crowd staying.

Beth - I look forward to your latest video offerings later today!

Paine - One of our grocery store chains here carries a lot of Asian foods so I think I’ll look there for some JSPs. It’s a bit of a drive so not one I frequent often. I’ll shall report back on doing them in my air fryer oven.

I hope Cyana hasn’t been stuck working all weekend!

Waves to KarenJo & Garrie!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn