Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-21, 12:47 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I got the dreaded 500 error so lost a lot of my post, d'oh!

Eventmom Yea I have saved tons of workouts from youtube over the years in a huge playlist (I have started new much smaller playlists now for my rotation) and should be much more selective. It's a virtual hoarding of workouts instead of the DVDs LOL.

I'm glad you enjoyed a workout that you loved!!

Buzzer I hope you are feeling better, waves!
Old 10-19-21, 06:05 AM  
Buzzer

Still doing nothing, but feeling seriously better... DONE!

I wake up dizzy and have to clear my lunges/sinuses, but I am now spending my day cleaning the house. I swear, after being sick, I just feel the dust and the dirt more! I spent yesterday with a wet washcloth wiping down EVERYTHING. Plus vacuuming and doing laundry. I poop out at night so hard... I crash about 6 and go to bed at 8. I get a full 8 hours of sleep or more... which for me is awesome!!

One of my friends that is going through this also gave me the number of a Doctor another friends used. I got a steroid and ivermectin prescriptions, and man, WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I felt a million times better 24 hours later! The steroid has been for 5 days, and every day I felt better. It was just breaking that inflammation and pain cycle. My friend is still sick, however she is kinda anti-medicine, so I am trying to convince her to take the medicine the Doctor prescribes. She is just stuck in that cycle.

I am holding off working out until I know it won't use all the energy I have for the day. I miss it like crazy, and feel like I have the energy to do it! However, I don't want to set myself back at all. I'm hoping this is my last week of recovery!

So my house is cleaner, LB had friends over Sunday afternoon to play! She was so ;happy. She has been kinda shut in with me, except on random trips DH takes her on to Home Depot or his shop.

Today I offered to take my sick friends kid. She has one (the paddle boarding friend), and he has been stuck at home with his whole family sick for almost 2 weeks. So I am going to get him today, and he will spend the day with us up here playing in the dirt and mud. I will probably clean. We are getting SOME school done, but not as much as I would like. LB has been pretty OK with taking the initiative and doing some of the work I had set aside for her before in folders.

Eventmom and Ebianco: I have a bunch of workouts on a little thumb drive I have downloaded, but no way to do them in my workout room unless I drag my computer out there. I would love to do the Firm Yoga/Pilates workout I downloaded from the fitness favs site! Or some Lindas! One of my first Yoga's was a Denise Austin yoga where she would do the yoga poses then the camera would move to her doing them outside in nature. It was a had yoga, but it was so much fun! I loved it! I found it on YouTube, and downloaded it and would LOVE to do it again. Plus I found Tamilee Webb's workout... crap. What was it called. But she did the reps, and had some words that would start to fill in.... like "tighter assets" and if you are a beginner, you stop your reps at "tight" intemediate, at "er ass" and advanced, do the reps all the way through. I would love to do that workout again! I remember doing it so long ago!

Anyhow, I need to start working out again. This is the part of covid that is killing me!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 01:59 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Saturday - caribbean aerobics yoga, schooled cross country jumping, think I stretched on my own
Sunday - 20 min sara ivanhoe hip yoga, horse trial. took for freaking ever to get our scores. came home did not stretch - big mistake!
Monday - 30 min essentrics stretch + melt method
Today - 30 min jacquelyn + 20 min brand fitness walk

my horse did well - we got 2nd out of around 14 in our division! I left home telling my husband, big division probably won't get a ribbon LOL.

ebianco - that error is annoying! Yeah, I was basically all kathy smith for workouts for years, then added in the firm, then karen voight, then pretty much everyone!

buzzer - so glad you are feeling better! Steroids are awesome that way LOL.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 03:33 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I have been feeling a little more rundown than usual, thankfully not sick or anything! Just extreme work stress and unfortunately stress eating, so I've been feeling icky. So I ended up taking an unplanned rest day yesterday.

Today at least I showed up and I knew the perfect workout to do, enjoyable yet not too hard and zero dread factor...Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights I woke up super early and got myself back on track today.

I know that work stress will continue through the end of next week, so my plan is just to show up and take it as easy as I want the rest of this week and next week, then after a relaxing weekend next weekend, I can start my new rotation first week of November when I will hopefully be feeling much more rejuvenated!

Eventmom Congratulations to you and your horse getting 2nd place!

Buzzer I am glad you are feeling better, and will be getting back to workouts soon!

That Denise Austin yoga one sounds great! There was a yoga of hers I really liked. Yoga Burn or something. I will look for her yogas on youtube! I totally download the real keepers because you never know how long they will be on.
Old 10-21-21, 05:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - action jacquelyn gentle barre + caribbean aerobics hi/low
today - AJ beginner barre sculpt + 20 min TA DC

ebianco - thanks! my horse is 23 and we are competing 3 levels lower than when at our highest but happy to be out there running around. My work stress will be over (sort of) when I get this mountain of grading done. Yours sounds worse given that it will be so long. Taking extra rest days makes sense.

buzzer - hope you are continuing to improve! Tamilee has a 'tigher assets' set of workouts - one was cardio and the other was weight loss - a total body weights workout. sounds like that is the one. The cardio one was a huge favorite, still is. Okay - maybe is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BguyYcYmIYo building tigher assets!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 08:41 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

I started a Fall/Winter thread here: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...94#post2944494