Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-21, 10:06 AM  
Buzzer

Firm lower body split (the old one)... done?

I put everything into this. I used my 12's, I focused on contracting throughout the movements. I took my time going up and down the step in step ups, feeling the whole thing. I lunged and dipped like a boss! I focused so hard and was so proud of myself! I got to the end of the second leg, and felt like jumping up and down with my accomplishment! I gave it as close to 100% as I can!

Then I heard the voice of the instructor I dislike the most, Tamela. She says to grab weights for lunges and squats. whaaaaaat? I thought I was done! I paused. The timer said I had done 40 minutes. That seemed good to me... I did NOT want to do more lunges and squats! My legs were spent!!!! So I fast forwarded to the hip raises and abs. I skipped the last abs because they are probably my least favorite Firm abs (laying on your side and doing a side crunch on your side... impossible to me!!) and I stretched. I feel like I got a great workout, even though I skipped a lot of it!!

My legs are spent though. I really gave it my all.

Yesterday we had LB's friends over all day, and invited the other two neighbor kids over too. So I had 5 kids here. One is the same age as the young boy I had over and was watching, and those two hit it off reallllly well and just dug in the dirt for hours. It was so nice! I had a quiet day! The girls played with model horses, and the boys dug. It was perfect! I just fed them.

We ended the day at Urban Air, so it was a good day. I woke up way too early today though, and couldn't fall back to sleep. So I may try to nap today if I can! We have to do school today though, we skipped yesterday so we could play.

DH has been visiting his brother for the last few days, and comes back in town this evening. Tomorrow is his birthday, so LB and I will have to go out and get him a card and gift. not a lot other than that planned.

It's supposed to be the last super hot day, 87 degrees up here! Which is unheard of for this time of year. This time last year we were winterizing the camper for the first snow!!!

Waves to both of you, have a good weekend!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-21, 02:03 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - action Jacquelyn flow something + 10min legs + 15 TA cardio
today - action jacquelyn barre + 20 shine dance

so yesterday's AJ workout was too much yoga, couldn't handle all the up down. today's was great. My headache was terrible yesterday - oddly going to campus helped. maybe they really did put in excellent air filter systems in the building!

buzzer - it has stayed hot for a long time, the forecast says two more weeks in the 90s, I'm over it but at least it's not as bad as it was, I'm not totally melted after I ride. ah model horses, I still have mine LOL.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 04:38 AM  
Buzzer

Leslie 5 day walk, 4.18 miles... DONE!

I did this as a jog and step. When she did side steps, I did a version of over the top of the step. Knee lifts I did step up knee up on the step. I jogged around my small workout space when she walked. I worked up a good sweat and enjoyed it! I felt like I did a jog (without all the stinking hills in our 'hood I would have to go up if I did it outside). I quit during mile 5, ending up with my Fitbit saying I went 4.18 miles. Probably about true!

I loved it. Right now, this is good cardio for me. Easy step, easy moves, and my feet don't hurt like they do when I do just a walk or jog in place, and I am not confused from step moves.

Yesterday was LB's first day of Westernaires. She was ready an hour beforehand, and looked so good in her uniform! She was so excited! She rode and loved it so much! It was fun to watch the class. One of the kids had a stubborn horse that wouldn't move no matter how much her little legs kicked it, another had a horse that kept trotting over to the fence to eat the weeds, one girl fell off (but she was totally OK and got back on the horse!). It was fun. She's ready for her next ride in 2 weeks. We are going to go see the horse today sometime (the one she's helping with), so hopefully this experience helped her a bit. I met some really nice people and had a nice time too.

Yesterday was also DH's birthday. So we got him some gifts (just snacks he likes to eat, he's hard to buy for), a cheese cake for a "cake", and I made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast (one of his favorites). We went to dinner too.

I was telling him at dinner the story of our neighbors who complimented my workout room, and asked if I use it. I was kinda telling it in jest, and added on "nope. I'm just old and fat." and DH decided it was a good time to drop some truth pills... he told me "well, you do eat too many Cheeto paws, chips, and go out to eat with LB too much...." it just was like a punch in the gut. I guess it's kinda like when someone criticizes your family, it's OK for me to do it, but not you. It's OK for me to say I'm old and fat, but not OK for you. And don't tell me why I am. PLUS, I don't eat too many Cheeto paws (I do eat some, usually only a handful at a time because I know they are bad for me!), I don't eat chips, and yes, we probably do go out to eat too much, but when we are in town, we get hungry! I guess I should pack a lunch, but I don't. I am the one turning down treats when he and LB are eating them, and I cook healthy when I do cook. It's not like I'm just sitting around gorging on bad things.

Anyhow, it really hurt and he was all upset that I was hurt about it. So that ended on a good note.

So I will have to try harder, because apparently my efforts are pretty meager rather than good like I thought. Maybe it is all my fault.

I guess I need a new plan!! I'll work on that.

Eventmom: we are finally supposed to get some relief this weekend from the heat. The forecast up here is for in the 70's and 80's finally! Plus some possible rain! So exciting. I am ready for cooler, but not cold. I am actually surprised how much use the model horses get. I got her a little horse wash station and a stable last year for Christmas, and thought it would get a little use then be cast aside. Nope! Those horses and all the accessories are used so much I'm surprised they still have paint on them. It's funny, you never know when you get something if it'll be the "it" toy, and apparently the horses and accessories were a good investment!

Hi Ebianco!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-12-21, 01:34 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Well I took a few rest days, work was so hard last week and I worked all these extra hours, and I missed working out Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

I got back to it Saturday with Cathe Perfect 30 Perfect Pump the upper/lower dish mosh premix plus the bonus abs an extended stretch for a 72 minute workout. I wrote the last time I did this one, to GO HEAVIER! So I went heavier than I usually would and it was great. This is probably most heavy weight Cathe workout I have of my collection.

Today I ran outside (and ended up walking because I was just sweating in the 80 degree weather) for 45 minutes then Pure Barre Resistance 4 and Callanetics for about a 95 minute workout.

I'm still taking my regular two planned rest days and then hope to get back to regular working out next week.

Eventmom Great job on your decluttering!!

I really need to pick back up with Classical Stretch/Essentrics soon.

Buzzer It's funny you say that about Cathe because I really don't gravitate towards her cardio at all!! I have a low impact HIIT of hers and the LITE Dance Cardio DVD which I like, but otherwise I know her step is too complex for me and her HIIT stuff is just more plyo than I want to do anymore. So thank you but i'd say try selling them on VF Roost!

I think I have Anna's Just Right something (I think she has two?) a a bonus workout on one of my other Fitprime DVDs but I've never done it. It just looks TOO easy for sure. So from what you said, now I know!
Old 09-12-21, 04:21 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - action jacq barre + 20 min TA cardio express
today - 20 yoga, jumping lesson (with horse) + 20 min of rocking models (on youtube) it was hard! then tried a 10 youtube stretch but finished up on my own.

buzzer - I have had to count calories to get anywhere, i'm super inconsistent but everytime I do it helps and I discover some foods are so calorie dense I learn to avoid them. Of LB likes her horse toys - she was gifted a gateway drug (stuffed horse) as an infant by someone or other.

ebianco - wow long workouts! pure barre + callanetics yikes. Sorry work was so hard last week, hopefully next week will be better.
Old 09-13-21, 09:32 AM  
Buzzer

Biggest loser weight loss yoga, section 1... done.
Firm Volume 6? Jayne Poteet... DONE!

I didn't realize how leg heavy this one is compared to the upper body. Most of the upper body work is 4 limb aerobics, and she doesn't do any pushups. It was good, but I don't remember it that way! I remember doing the workout a million times, but I don't remember ever noticing this. When she said get your small step, I got the small part of the fanny lifter. However, they were stepping on something more the height of the blue part, so after the first section, I got the blue section. Just some step work with arms (4 limb aerobics). The steps ups were good, however for some reason I have trouble doing the calf raises between the sets. I don't know if my calves are not that strong or if they have been tired out with other things before that. I guess another thing to work on.

Yesterday we kinda just hung out. I got some new wasp traps, and they caught about 40-50 wasps each!! We have a problem for sure! So I watched the traps. The lower part, where there's bait and they crawl in and die, caught them all. The top part, where there's water and bait that they drown in, didn't do a thing. So I read putting apple juice in the top part would attract them, so I put in apple juice last night and will see if they go partake today. It was fascinating to study wasps all day and watch the traps. LB also colored my hair with hair chalk, so my hair is now streaked with pink, blue and purple. I kinda like it!! She did a REALLY good job!

We walked to the school and did a few laps around. So I probably walked for about an hour. I slept poorly the night before, so all I did was the first section of biggest loser weight loss yoga and the walk to the school and around the school. More than most people do, I think.

Today I just have hand therapy, and we have to do a lot of school today since tomorrow is homeschool day at the aquarium so we will be there instead! Then community is Wednesday, so we have to have the paragraph done and understood by then. So that's today.

The weather is slowly cooling down, which is good. I like my summer clothes, but am looking forward to the wardrobe change!

Eventmom: I so can't do calorie counting! Ugh. I might have to try again though. It's easier when I get my usual foods into the app, but taking the time to do it is a pain. I usually don't do it until after I've eaten instead of before. I am not a good planner. I should do it again though. crap.

Ebianco: I agree on your workouts.... they wear me out just reading about them! I always think "I would die." I must be out of shape! HA! Good job though. I'm always impressed with what you do.
I remember when I used to go jogging at 6am, and one day I was sweating like crazy and feeling like I was pushing through a wall of heat. I passed a light up sign with the temperature on it (for a business) and it said "72" degrees. Ever since then, I know I need to stay way under 72. I can't imagine trying to go out in 80 degrees! Especially for a run! Maybe a walk, and only if there's a lot of shade. I am not a sun seeker for sure!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-13-21, 11:32 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Jacquelyn umoff stretch

buzzer - I get it on calorie counting and I'm super inconsistent. I have had to calculate calories for our common foods and put them in a spreadsheet. it sucks. but fortunately I was already measuring/weighing portions.

hi ebianco!
Old 09-14-21, 10:24 AM  
Buzzer

Leslie 5 day walk, all the walks... DONE!

I switched her mile 2 and mile 1 though, because mile 2 is easier than mile 1. Mile 1 has the jumping jacks and jump ropes in it. It was a good move! I liked it even more like that. I got to the purple mile, thinking it was mile 4, and was kinda pooping out. I had used the step, plus jogging around the room, for all the miles and I just felt kinda pooped. So I took it lower. I thought it was mile 4, but when the mile was done... surprise! It was mile 5 and I was done. I did about 4.19 miles total, so I think when I cut the last "mile 4" short last time I worked out, I actually was in mile 5 too. kinda made me laugh. It was great though! I love doing my own steps to it. I do step up knee up alternating for knees up, or I do two knee lifts on the ground, two on the step. I do step overs for the side steps, or I do step up left, step over, step up right, step over. Stuff like that. Modify to make it tougher, and my feet don't hurt as much and I dont have that pounding on the floor like I do with walking in place. I like Leslies like this!

Today is walking through the aquarium too, so I will get in more steps. Supposed to be a cool day, so I am kinda happy to have to wear a jacket.

I am feeling a little annoyed today, so lets hope I make it through without being too cranky!

I signed up LB for a class that lasts about an hour, so it will be nice to just have an hour where I may read or find a nice fish tank and stare at it. I'm looking forward to this.

Waves to you both! Hope you are having a good week so far.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-14-21, 02:05 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Jacquelyn umoff gentle barre workout + 20 min up to the beat fitness

so I bought her app, one month free, $10 / month after. She's similar to TA but not quite as intense. The app has a nice calendar where you can schedule a particular workout for each day which I like since I spend too much time trying to pick out workouts.

buzzer - hope you fun at the aquarium!
Old 09-15-21, 09:03 AM  
Buzzer

upper body split.. DONE!

I was exhausted last night. So exhausted. I got a total of 15,000 steps in yesterday between my workout and the aquarium. I was so tired. I fell asleep about 8:30pm. Of course, since I fell asleep so early, I was up at 3am. Which stinks, because I have a long day ahead of school, then CC, then we have a Westernaires ticket jamboree or something like that tonight until about 7:30 or 8pm, and I don't know if I will make it!! It's another 1/2 hour drive home after that, and after waking up at 3am, I hope I do OK. I will persevere!

The aquarium was a BLAST. The class sadly was only about 40 minutes long, so I only got about 30 minutes to myself by the time I dropped her off, walked up to the deck area to hang out, then walked back to get her. She loved it though. They have an otter, a tiger (which walked right by her and looked at her! of course, on the other side of the thick glass), and sting rays to pet. She ran around and loved everything. We spent 4 hours there. Then we did karate, which I can't believe she has the energy for after that! by the time we got home, it was after 7pm. I was exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open. I knew I had to stay awake so I wasn't awake at 3am, but I couldn't. I just fell asleep.

So here I am, today, awake at 3am with a big schedule ahead of me. Dunnno how I'm gonna do it!

I am feeling kinda blah from all the walking yesterday, plus I got us pizza for dinner because I was tired and didn't want to eat at 8pm by making something at home. So this morning I did the upper body sculpt. I used heavier weights for some of it, 15's instead of 12's, and tried to use my 8's for the delt work. However, I can't do anterior delt raises with those, plus the lateral delt pulses, so I dropped to 5's. It was hard! I loved it though. I didn't do all the pushups on my toes, I did the first set on my toes, the rest on my knees. I am just drained.

This morning I have been going over what I need to know to teach week 4 to LB for CC. The weeks are just flying by and I don't feel like we are getting enough done!! Where are the days going????

Yesterday on my "for you" pictures (or something like that) on my phone, it showed me pictures of my parents' 50th anniversary part a few years ago. It made me so sad to see it!! I haven't seen them since the end of March, and I used to see them about monthly, even if it was just for dinner. It makes me sad that they don't bother to call or keep in touch, and my Mom, who used to be like my best friend, doesn't call or even email or text me. It's like they are just gone. The only time I hear from them is if I call them. It just made me so sad. They are old, about 80 years old, and they have just left. Not just physically, but it seems emotionally too. So I was sad about that yesterday too. Now I'm getting all sad again writing about it!! Crazy life.

I kinda expected it though, so what can I do.

Anyhow, today is busy, I used 15's on a lot of the exercises so my arms are spent, and I enjoyed lifting heavy. I liked that it's a short workout (40 minutes) and has no cardio, but my heart rate gets up there. I remember loving this workout. I still do!!

Waves to you guys!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14