Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-21, 10:03 AM  
Buzzer

Firm super sculpting... DONE!
yesterday was a rest day.

So yesterday we had practicum, so I didn't workout. Woke up, got breakfast and lunch together, and we ran out the door. The practicum was actually good, because there were more of us inexperienced homeschool moms and less experienced. So we all kinda struggled through together, and I didn't feel so stupid! It was nice.

LB played played played. I picked her up and got her cake, then we went to violin lessons. She asked to play with friends afterwards.. by that point, it was 6:30pm! I laughed. She played all stinking day! of course, that was a "no".

Today we are just getting stuff ready for her birthday party tomorrow. I laugh about this, because it's not only a birthday party for her, but kinda our "everyone we know is invited!" party so it's for us too.

So Super Sculpting was so great! I used my 10's for the barbell and heavy weights, 5's for the anterior delts, and 3's for the back flies and leaning over the step work. I was careful with my finger, and I think anything over 10 pounds is going to be too much. There were a few times that the 10's were uncomfortable so I can tell that going even to 12's will be painful.

My finger is crooked, which kinda freaks me out. But, I go in for hand therapy next Thursday, so I will learn some exercises to do. I am working on bending it and fully extending it in the meantime. it's been 2 weeks now, and in some ways it's better, in some it's not. I guess it takes longer than 2 weeks to heal though!

I can tell my glutes will be sore tomorrow, and possibly my biceps. Tomorrow will be a rest day though! I will wake up, decorate the cabana thingie at the park, then spend the morning getting the food and drinks ready. So good workout for the day before a known rest day!

For some reason, seeing Jen wearing the purple sports bra and black shorts was comforting. Ever time I saw her, it was like seeing a friend. I know she wore that outfit in another workout, and it was like seeing an old friend. Fun though! I remember this used to be one of my favorite Firm workouts and thought it should have been a volume. I also used to use up to 15 pounds on this one! I have a ways to work up to.

Ebianco: sorry about the 500 error I hate that. I always worry I will see it again! There was some thread a few months ago about how to get around it. Probably do a search and see if you can find it... I tried searching "500" and now I can't search for I think 30 seconds. I don't know why VF doesn't let you do searches more often. Another silly VF quirk! So frustrating and random.

I think the pink firms you listed are all the ones I have and like too! HA!

Eventmom: I hope your spinal fluid check goes how you want it to! is this for your migraines? I can't believe what you have been going through to find out some answers!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 01:18 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

up to the beat 30 min walk.

buzzer - the spinal fluid check is for the constant headache. I'm mildly ticked off as I have no follow up appointment so I have no idea how they will inform me of the results. I woke up with a bad headache this am, which could be a side effect of the test so I didn't get it together to call and see what is going on. this is to check if the other procedures worked.

ebianco - I had a membership to the chris freytag streaming but never think to use it!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 02:43 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all! I had to cut my post way down yesterday thanks to the 500 code. The workound I found was to post one sentence, then keep editing to add a paragraph. That worked for a couple paragraphs then I was totally errored out of the VF site for the rest of the day So I'll try to keep it shorter today I guess?!

I've had Tonique in my system since been doing the 10 minute youtube workout every week so I pulled out Born to Move (W1.2 the shorter 'cardio' one) plus Cathe Stretch Max for a 50 minute workout. When the Tonique reps became too much (I forgot how many reps there are lol) I would do a stretch instead to keep it lower intensity since Fridays are recovery days. Hopefully I won't be paying tomorrow with too much leg soreness when I'm doing a Cathe strength.

Eventmom I hope the results are informative and help you tackle your ongoing headaches!

Buzzer I always liked Super Sculpting. I especially like Jen in this one, I think it's my favorite workout of hers! My only complaint about this one is they should have made the abs longer and rounded it out closer to an hour.

From yesterday...I DEFINITLEY get analysis paralysis with Linda. I'm thrilled that she has SO many workouts (I think she said recently she's filmed 800 workouts?!) And they are all similar but different, same set, etc. I have to look at her DVDs only 2-3 at a time when previewing before I start mixing them all up. Let me know what you decide to get! I have been happy with her Traditional mat and barre series. She's been putting out shorter, more total body-ish workouts which is a refreshing change of pace from spending 40 minutes just on inner thighs

I really hope your finger heals and hope it no longer feels/looks crooked!!
Old 06-12-21, 02:35 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

15 TA beg cardio + ballet (Janice)

ebianco - I think the dr needs to come up with a what next and if the patches have worked but I still have a constant headache there's no clear path forward. Analysis paralysis with linda - I think that's why I have only done one or two of her workouts - how to decide!!!

hi buzzer !
Old 06-13-21, 11:35 AM  
Buzzer

Rest day... DONE!
Firm Vol 1... DONE!

I used 2's for the "1 1/2 pounds in the hands. Rolling.... running!" parts, 5's for anterior delt section, and 10s for the rest. I stopped before the leg shoots on each side, and let my legs fire die down. I remember doing the leg part with 3 pound weights strapped to my ankles and 12 pound weights! Now I did just my shoes (I kept them on). I remember I stopped doing firm workouts becuase I got too heavy on my weights and it was hurting to try to do their speed with the heavier weights. However, if I did it with lighter weights, it wasn't "enough" of a workout. Now, here I am, 10 pounds max and no weights on my ankles or in my hands and it's enough. That's kinda sad, but gives me room to work up!

Now at least I have "firm goals". I didn't do well on my ttapp form in this one, but I was excited to just make it through without dying too much!

I will do better. I will! and when I do, hopefully I will also lose weight. right?

So yesterday was a rest day, and party day! I loved the party. The kids didn't spend much time on the playground, but did dig in the sand and kick the balls and throw the frisbees. It was a great time. Hot, but good time. Glad it's over for another year. I am learning to make it easier on myself, but it's still pretty stressful and time consuming. DH had people over at the fire pit Friday night, and I cancelled my plans with some friends so I could cook. So I also had to clean the living room, kitchen and bathroom so his friends could walk in and use the bathroom. I guess it was good, it needed to be cleaned, however it was one more thing on my list.

Today I am POOPED. I feel like sleeping. Not because I;m tired, but because it sounds relaxing. I just want to relax today! So far I have done.... nothing but working out. It was a busy week.

Eventmom and Ebianco: Maybe that's why I don't own many Lindas. Analysis paralysis. I have in my cart: traditional barre, traditional mat, quiet quarantine and resistance stretch (I will probably remove these two), fusion flow, precision training, gentle home warm up, and fusion flow. HA! I will probably end up with just traditional mat and barre. I also have the "do more pilates standing" workouts in my cart, because they look like fun!

The 40 minutes on inner thighs made me laugh, because I feel the same way! I have some of those workouts, and I don't reach for them much because I just don't see the value of doing nothing but inner thighs for my days workout!

Eventmom: I hope the spinal thing works. crazy.

Ebianco: sorry about the error code. I hate it when it's my turn to get it. So frustrating, especially because you know how wordy I get!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-13-21, 02:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

jaquelyn umoff barre + 20 min christi taylor - rode my horse 10 min stretch after. extra steps wading through the weeds in the pasture to kill more thistle. One plant was a regrowth of one I failed to completely kill (I could see the dead parts) so pissed off this freakin plant is out smarting me.

buzzer - sounds like it was fun party! but sorry so much cleaning we're lucky we have a cleaning lady who is cheap, good, and super sweet! I'm going to check out resistance stretching knowing me I'll get analysis paralysis and not buy it LOL.

hi ebianco!
Old 06-14-21, 12:46 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all! Catching up from this weekend:

Saturday-Cathe Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets. I seem to really gravitate to this one because I've pulled it out a few times already. I like that all the leg work is either with a barbell, dumbbells, or gliders, and all the arm work is with a stability ball. The ab work is almost all pilates style and very tough. I really like the music on this one too.

Sunday-Outdoor run/walk then, for a change of pace from Pure Barre and Barlates, I pulled out Squeeze. I forgot how humorously ad nauseam that she uses the word "squeeze" in this workout With that said, I also forgot how very tough she works out your arms, and how awesome the stretches are. She brags that all her clients say her leg work is killer but it's not nearly as hard as most other barre workouts. I did the main workout and added the pretzel chapter (can't skip my beloved pretzel exercise ) but it was over before it even began! With that said, the elevated bridge was very tough. I added a ball to that chapter, and a loop to the L-series, to spicier up a little bit. It was nice for a change of pace. I haven't done this workout in 5 years! I ended up working out for 100 minutes and it was a bit too much, I was so wiped the rest of the day. My arms have crazy DOMS today.

Today and tomorrow-planned rest days

Eventmom and Buzzer Haha that we all suffer analysis paralysis with Linda. There's just so many workouts LOL! Buzzer of the Lindas I have done on your list, I would recommend Traditional Barre, Traditional Mat (easy to mix and match and total body feel), and Precision Training (total body). I don't have the others. I don't have Do More Pilates Standing either, but I've eyed it in the past!

It's funny about the 40 minutes on inner thighs right LOL! A great example is her Stamina 50 DVD set. What would possess someone to spend that long just on inner thighs, outer thighs, or glutes? I love working my glutes but don't want to literally spend my entire workout time on it. Maybe it would make sense for folks that spend 2 hours working out, a main workout and then a BIG focus workout on just one body part. But that's not me, for sure?!

I always loved Firm Volume 1. Like you, I used to be able to use heavy weights (I think I used 6# ankle weights that I wore above the knee, plus maybe 8# bell, for 14# roughly total?) and now I can't IMAGINE going that heavy. I use 1.5# ankle weights and it's all I can do to lift my leg Even though I feel like my legs should have a lot of stamina? But there's something serious about getting older and not being able to handle as much!
Old 06-14-21, 01:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

jaquelyn umoff barre + charlene prickett

ebianco - pretzel is my favorite LB exercise! I have all the squeeze workouts - got rid of squeeze stronger and re-acquired it. I like Tracy - I looked her up she's using her husband's last name now and her website says Giaim bought out her dvd business. So I think she's done with fitness dvds.

hi buzzer!
Old 06-14-21, 10:16 PM  
Buzzer

fIrm Not so tough aerobics... DONE!

I don't have the intro on this workout (maybe I have a backup copy though? I'll have to check) but I miss the intro where she starts walking away then turns around and says "Oh. I know the title is not so tough aerobics. But make no mistake, this is a tough workout". or something like that. HA! That always cracked me up. Now it just starts at the workout. Bummer.

I used light weights, and the blue part of my fanny lifter, which is the taller part. It was a good workout! I focused on my form, squeezed things, and tried to keep my core tight. I have discovered that having the ab part right under my ribcage pulled in and tight makes my shoulders go back and down. So I worked on that.

LB had "survival camp" this morning, which she loved. She is doing it the next two days too. While she did that, I went to goodwill and got a few more Windsor pilates workouts. They look good!

It was about 100 degrees in town today, and about 90 up here. WAY too hot. after the camp we came home, LB played with the kids up the street, then I took her to karate. so we spent some time in town, but not all day. tomorrow we are more all day down there, but the heat of the afternoon we will be indoors so that will be awesome!

we are out in the camper sleeping again, and it is hot. its just heat everywhere for sure. ugh.

eventmom: I remember reading that Tracey was out of the fitness industry. she moved on to painting or something. I think she had a baby after squeeze... she was admirable shape! I love that workout too. I haven't done it in forever, but refer to things like the tick tocks with the bar as "squeeze abs". I should pull that workout out again.

ebianco: I am leaning towards the do more pilates workouts and the mat and pilates workouts. I'll see what I do when I get to the sale part! Three weeks to think about it and change my mind.

How did we used to do such heavy weights on volume 1 legs?? I used my shoes and maybe some 3's if I felt strong and it was way too much. how did I ever use 12 pound weights on those legs?? PLUS 3 pounds strapped on?? How did I do the other parts with 8's as my light weights, and 20's as my heavy? How did I ever outgrow these workouts? I guess I was in way better shape than I thought!! Crazy.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-15-21, 10:09 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

jacquelyn umpoff barre

buzzer - yes, she seems to be painting and does have at least one kid now. I guess she did what she wanted in the fitness dvd world and moved on. I was never a vol. 1 person. Vol 3 was my first firm love LOL.

hi ebianco!