Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-21, 06:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night my DD and I went for a walk - that is a nice perk to summer, you can get out at 8:00 pm and still get a walk in before it gets too dark!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - May Playlist - Day 5 - Cardio & Weights - this is one of my favorite types of Pahla B workouts.

Man Flow Yoga - 7 Day Challenge Day 2 - Hip Flexibility

I'm really glad I gave Man Flow Yoga a try - I really like these practices and the instruction. I feel like I get a lot out of it - in terms of focus and form pointers.

Diane - glad you can get back to massages!

Masks are all over the place here, some people wear them, some people don't. It is no longer mandated if you are vaccinated, but there is no way to know who is/isn't vaccinated.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 09:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

That's weird, my post didn't go through. No error code, it just went poof.

Yesterday's office movement challenge was plies and biceps. After work I did Pilates Super Sculpt - Classic Abs Series, had a one mile walk around neighborhood and 7,500 steps for the day. I'm getting inspired to use more of my Tracey collection, and she has a Facebook channel, too.

Donna, the Man Flow Yoga sounds great for you. I can see how you would get more benefit from a slower pace with better instruction.

Diane, I'm still wearing a mask at stores where they're optional now. Thankfully at the office we're done with them! I've been getting massages since my therapist reopened in February and feel very safe with her. It takes a little adjusting to get comfortable wearing a mask with your face in the cradle but it can be done.

Good morning to Summer Breeze!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 09:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings
58 minute afternoon walk
53 minute evening walk

I guess I made up yesterday for not working out/walking on Monday. DS came over for dinner last night and wanted to walk afterwards so who am I to refuse a good walk? I am planning a walk for today even though the heat is coming on strong again.

DONNA, Pahla B and the Man Flow yoga sound like a nice combo for you. Going back to the office once a week sounds like a bearable compromise. Once a month even better though. NJ is lifting the mask mandate on Friday for fully vaccinated people but you're right. I'm sure many unvaccinated people will stop wearing them too.

DIANE, oh getting back to monthly massages sounds lovely.

PAT, I used to do that Tracy Mallett pilates dvd so often several years back. It's a goody.

I have a bit of a dilemma maybe I could get some advice on. It's no big deal, my kids tell me I'm overthinking it and I probably am. My niece is having a bbq on Memorial Day and invited my DD and I via text. I told my DS and his gf about it too. But she didn't specifically invite them and they don't live here so I'm wondering if that means they're not invited. I don't know if they should just show up or if I should tell my niece ahead of time I invited them. Or if it's just implied they're included too. I know I'm overthinking but my niece does have a bit of a history of inviting some family members and not others. So do I say nothing and we just all show up? Or do I give her a heads up? Or what? lol

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 10:01 AM  
amoodygirl

Hey Everyone!!!

I meant to add something for those interested in Bad Yogi. Earlier this month, Erin asked her subscribers to list their absolute favorite practices on her digital site. Yesterday, she uploaded the 30 day list to her youtube site. The monthly fee for her site, at the moment, is $9.99 and will be going up in June to $11.99. However, those who sign up before June 1st will stay at the lower rate.

Anywho, these practices are really wonderful. I wouldn't be so jazzed about them but, honestly, her practices brought me back from a bad injury and I've been hooked on yoga since! Link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DAF...1I9IW5HjeiBLhg

Take advantage of them because I have no idea how long they'll be up. Being perfectly honest, I downloaded them so I can have them at any time.

Today's workouts:
Cardio Day - Elliptical workout, followed by Leg Recovery Day practice from Bad Yogi. Absolutely exactly what I needed!
More yoga this afternoon.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-21, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - May Playlist Day # 6 - which was a body weight toning workout w/ some light cardio. A decent amount of balance challenges, too.

Man Flow Yoga - 7 Day Challenge Day # 3 - Morning Yoga - still really enjoying these - very straightforward, good form pointers that focus on both stretching and engaging the muscles.

Beth from Trifecta Pilates is starting a 14 day challenge, I believe on the 1st. I signed up - I don't know if it will be You Tube workouts or her membership content, but it is free to join.

Diane - thanks for the tip about Bad Yogi!!

Summer Breeze - do you think your niece didn't invite your DS and his girlfriend b/c they don't live locally? I think I would ask her if it is ok if your DS and his GF come along since they will be in town - this way you are giving her a head's up and there are no surprises. Good job on your workouts!!
I hope to walk this evening w/ DD.

Waves, Pat!! I went for a hair trim yesterday and masks were optional there.
I still feel better wearing mine if I have to be close to people or be in a crowded place. I'm probably over-thinking it - I mean, I got vaccine and hopefully it is as effective as they say!

Take care everyone - Happy Friday eve!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-21, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Rest day here. In the evening I had a nice gab session with a book club member, sitting outside on her back porch overlooking a beautiful little cove.

It's been a challenge to keep our club from completely going under because of COVID.

Hmm, Summer Breeze, that's a tough call. I think Dear Abby would recommend mentioning it to your niece so that she'll be aware and have enough food. If their relationship is good, I'm sure it was just an oversight.

I have to run - will come back to chat later. Hi Donna and Diane, have a wonderful day!
Old 05-27-21, 08:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[I]Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

36 minute outdoor walk

I was running some errands yesterday near the park I used to walk in all the time so I decided to stop in for a short walk. It was very hot and that was about all I had in me.
I am hoping for another walk today. It is much more pleasant today.

DONNA, I did get the e-mail about the Trifecta Pilates challenge. Thanks for your thoughts on my niece. DS doesn't live in my town but he lives in the same town as my niece which is about 20 or so minutes away so that makes it all the more perplexing. LOL. I think I'll just let her know they're coming too and stop stressing about it[

ETA - PAT, we were posting at the same time. Thanks for your response. Yes I think I'll just mention it to her and let it go. lol Glad you got to spend time with your book club buddy

Hi PAT, DIANE & the rest of the crew.

Have a great day!

/I]
Old 05-27-21, 06:31 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi Pat, Summer Breeze, Donna and all visitors!!

Today felt like a very long day and I don't know why. I'm so looking forward to going to bed early and watching "As Time Goes By". I've always been a anglophile but never watched this series. Absolutely loving it! I laughed so hard last night my husband came running in because he thought I screamed!

Today's workout:
Pushups
Margaret Richard Triple Threat Workout B, both upper and lower body
yoga

We then went to the park and I biked a bit shy of 9 miles. The fun will be over soon as the park opens to the public this weekend. More cars because of the pools (assuming they're opening this year), picnics, etc. I'm greedy and like the park empty and quiet!

Have a great Thursday evening! See ya tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-21, 06:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

45 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk for today but I have to get out there early because I have lunch plans and then we have rain coming in this afternoon. I'm not really much of a morning exerciser, I like to drink a few cups of coffee and take my time in the morning so we'll see how it goes. I didn't sleep well last night and was up early so I have the time but...what's the expression, the mind is willing but the flesh is weak? Something like that We have a couple of rainy days coming up for the Memorial Day weekend, ugh! ETA -- Oh I did contact my niece and let her know DS and his gf are going to the bbq and she was fine with it. Thanks for the advice and thoughts.

DIANE, our park hasn't been that quiet during the pandemic but I'm sure it will be quite crowded now. Our pools are opening up around here too this weekend. I have to look into "As Time Goes By". Never heard of it but I love a good laugh!

Hi DONNA, PAT & the rest!

Have a wonderful day and weekend!
Old 05-28-21, 07:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, TGIF!!

Yesterday's office movement challenge was lunges and triceps. Also walked on my lunch break and had a nice challenging neighborhood walk in the evening. I had planned to start another MR DVD but it was just too nice not to take advantage of the walking weather.

Summer Breeze, good to hear the invitations situation is all good. I'm not a morning person either, but it sure would be nice to have the workouts done.

Diane, those British series are great. I love their dry wit. The beach where I walk is opening soon, too. Always a sad-ish time for the usual walkers and other winter die-hards who are so used to having it to ourselves. Thank you for the Bad Yogi link!

Good morning to Donna and anyone who visits!

Tags
jim fixx