Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-21, 10:10 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Overcast and humid but I'll take it over snow any day!

First things first - workout:
Pushups
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution - Upper Body strength and abs
MadFit 10 minute abs
Yoga
Just came back from an 8 mile bike ride in the park

Donna - I was born in NYC, then we moved to Floral Park on Long Island, only 15 miles outside of NYC. I have never had a "strong" Long Island accent - I have friends whose accent is unmistakable! However, when we moved to San Diego, I started a new job and my co-workers were fascinated by my accent - and my NY attitude as I told them go away - I'm not a circus freak! Despite that, I managed to make many friends! We've lived all over for work - London, California, Connecticut to name a few. Now that we're retired we've put down roots in Ballston Lake, NY, about 15 mins from Saratoga Springs. But I'm always full of wanderlust so I just don't think this is my final destination. We shall see!

Pat and Summer Breeze - I'm loving my bike rides this year. Last year, not so much and I can't figure out why. Maybe I'm appreciating the freedom more since 2020 was such a horrible year.

Everybody have a great Sunday!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 10:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

42 minute outdoor walk

We hit 92 but there was a breeze which kept the walk bearable. I think we're hot again today so I'll see how the walking goes. I got up a little later than normal and it kind of threw me off.

I was born in Brooklyn but we moved to northern NJ when I was 4 and I've been here ever since. Whenever I visit another part of the country they say NJ right away so I guess I have an accent

PAT, nice work at the gym. Naps always trump a workout in my book.

DIANE, nice workout mix. You get it done early, good for you. My dream was always to live in San Diego, it's so pretty.

Hi Donna and the rest.

Have a wonderful day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 11:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I ended up doing:

Jenny Ford - Step & Weights in Montana - this was prompted by my DH and I talking about our trips to Montana (his sister lived there for a number of years and we'd go visit) - I remembered that Jenny filmed a step workout in Red Lodge, MT - where we visited! I love Jenny for her super easy to follow step choreography and sweet personality.

Karen Voight - Core Conditioning & Stretch - I just did the hip and glute stretch on this DVD, I picked it b/c it was also filmed in Montana!

Pat, Summer Breeze and Diane - small world all around! Oh, my DH is from NJ...and his best friend now lives upstate NY.

DD and I may walk later if we can stand the heat, if not, I have work to do for my day job....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 06:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

46 minute outdoor walk

Another hot one yesterday but the breeze saved me again. Today is much cooler but I have a couple of appointments so not sure if I'll be up for anything else. I couldn't sleep last night, I woke up around 2:45 and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up at 5:30 . You'd think that would give me plenty of extra time to exercise but I'm dragging right now. Hopefully I'll perk up as the day goes on.

DONNA, my niece lives in Montana. She had a picture up on IG yesterday of a huge snowstorm that was happening

Hi PAT, DIANE & everyone!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 08:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Work is still crazy - But hopefully things will settle down soon....at least by June 30th!

Yesterday DD and i did manage to get out for a walk - it was hot and sunny. Today we are having an overcast day so perhaps another (cooler) walk is in order.

I hate being cold, but I seem to be gravitating more towards the calmness of overcast days - if that makes sense?

Anyway, today's workout was a wild card:

Karen Voight Ballet Sculpt - I think I had in my head that I wanted to do another w/ Montana scenery, LOL! I can't believe this one came out in 2010! Karen looks fantastic as usual and I expect I will have some soreness from it. I did have to be careful not to do the pelvic tucking that she cues as that messes up my back. I did everything w/ a neutral spine.

Summer Breeze - LOL, hearing about snow in Montana is what got DH and I thinking about our past trip out there. We went during Memorial Day one year and it snowed! Of course, back home it was in the 80's/90's w/ humidity. It is a beautiful state, though. Yesterday was ok here, it was hot, but we didn't have a ton of humiidiity and there was a nice breeze - a Summer Breeze, LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-24-21, 08:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day, friends!

Yesterday I just did housework and a lot of back stretching. Why don't you get any steps for housework? Blah.

Diane - what accent? LOL. I got that all the time when we lived in AZ. Your bike ride sounds so nice.

Summer Breeze I was so thankful for the breeze that moved in yesterday evening. Ugh, here comes the humidity suffering.

Donna, that pelvic tuck we were told to practice all these years is so bad for a lot of us! Good luck at work this week.

Have a wonderful day ladies!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 10:07 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning everyone!

Today is quite a bit cooler than the weekend. Much less humidity. Humidity makes me long for San Diego so, so much. I actually would love to move back there but I could never afford my house there! We sold our house in 1996 and moved back east for work and its value is now more than 5 times what we sold it for! It's absolutely ridiculous because it was just a normal house, not large by any means, no land to speak of. You pay for the weather is what it comes down to.

Anyway, today's workout:
Spin bike 15 mins
Jenny Ford step 26 mins
Yoga

Today would have been a perfect day to go out bike riding but my body says it's tired so I listen. Maybe a short yoga practice this afternoon.

See y'all later and have a great day!!!!

Diane
Old 05-25-21, 08:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Yesterday featured:

~ Office movement challenge - static lunges and back
~ Tracey Mallet's Pilates Super Sculpt, Total Body Warm-Up
~ Walk around the neighborhood
~ 7,500 steps

I challenged myself to go down and up a couple of the really steep hills in my neighborhood instead of the same old route. Whew. I haven't done Tracey's Pilates mini ball workout in a long time, I love her.

Diane, San Diego is so beautiful. I had an uncle who lived there and visited twice. It has such a fun vibe, too.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 10:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Things are crazy at work still and getting crazier.

So, one of my other check in buddies has been raving about Man Flow Yoga (Dean Pohlman). He has a You Tube Channel (Man Flow Yoga), DVDs and a paid subscription site. I normally don't gravitate towards workouts w/ male leads - I mean, Ellen Barrett is one of my go-to's and you don't get more feminine energy than that. But, I decided to give his practices a go and I signed up for a 7 Day free challenge (he e-mails you a 15/20 min practice every day for 7 days). Today was Day 1 and I really enjoyed it. He moved slow, but not painfully slow. Very good form pointers and it focused more on the poses and proper form than a flow. I felt I really activated some muscles and got a lot out of the 15 min! I can see this being quite therapeutic and strengthening.

I also did Gilad's 30th Anniversary Show - Episode # 1- which was cardio and glute/ab toning.

So...we had a meeting today about returning to the office. My boss has to submit a proposal for our team and it looks like what she is going to start with is once a month! But realistically, I think it may end up being once a week and I could live with that. We shall see.

Waves, everyone, sorry for the lack of personals...

Donna
Old 05-26-21, 05:19 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday I felt tired so I really scaled back on doing any hard or long workouts.

Pushups
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution - full body strength and abs
Short yoga

In the afternoon, I felt re-energized so I did a 30 minute Fightmaster yoga, which was nice. Woke me up just in time to cook dinner!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and noticed the arrows on the ground directing shoppers to one direction had been moved. At checkout, I noticed a lot of people without masks. Since the Governor has lifted the mask mandates for vaccinated people, the stores are following suit. However, I'm still wearing mine in stores, etc. But it definitely looks hopeful!

I had a monthly massage subscription with a local Elements Massage. I had been going for 4 years and then the pandemic. I ended my membership and donated my last two massages to frontline workers. To date, they have never had one case and are still taking extreme precautions - deep cleaning each room after a client, less capacity clientele (thus not being able to get an earlier appointment). So, my husband encouraged me to start back. My first appointment is at the end of June. I'm a little nervous but I trust the owners are continuing to do the right thing.

On that note, have a great day everyone!!!!!

Diane

Tags
jim fixx