Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-31-21, 10:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I finished Pahla's Challenge today! I did Day 31 which was a low impact cardio routine - 30 sec walk, 30 sec low impact, 30 sec walk, 30 sec balance and I went back and did Day 17 (?) which was walking and stretching.

So, yay, I actually finished a rotation! LOL!

I also did Jessica Valent's Scoliosis routine which always make my back feel better - the twisting and side bending seem to be key for me.

I may do something else today - it is snowing here and I do have a lot of cooking and cleaning and laundry to do....but I may squeeze in something gentle.

Pahla released the outline for this week's workouts and they look very similar to what we have been doing with this challenge, and I will probably do them either sequentially or somehow throughout the month.

Oh - yesterday DD and I went for our long walk - it was chilly but not windy so definitely bearable.

And, Lucy Wyndham Read has a new challenge - it is 7 days like Pahla's so..maybe alternating weeks??

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-challenge/

I may take February off from a structured plan...but who knows what i will wake up in the mood to do tomorrow.

Christina - nice work this week - sorry about the fibro and depression episode, I'm glad you are feeling better, though.

Pat - that is a great story about the pelican!! My DD is very into animals and such and before COVID she was looking into volunteering at the nature center...but then COVID hit and nature center is closed to the public right now.

Summer Breeze - those Jessica WS3 workout are no joke. I just haven't been into pushing myself very hard lately and right now even Jessica's stuff seems to hard for me to deal with...

Waves, Rose!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 11:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday! Who is in the blizzard zone? I'm supposed to get five to eight inches. Bah.

Gym workout for me yesterday, 15 recumbent and full body with the weight machines. Since New Year I haven't been able to get near the workout area with the multi- cable machine for my PT. Oh well! I hate those exercises anyway.

Donna, high five. Wow look at us - we both finished challenges this month!!! Thank you for the link to Lucy's latest. I need to get cracking on the Be Your Best again. That would be great if your DD can volunteer at the nature center when they open up again. It's such a stress reliever for my son.

Summer Breeze, putting Bernadette's circle workout to the front of this month's DVDs, too. It's been a long time though it has some tricky moves - the circle behind the knee is darn near impossible.

{{{Christina}}}, HUGS, I'm so sorry your fibro flared up. Thank goodness a nice sleep helps you out.

Good morning to Rose and have a happy rest of your weekend, everyone. :hart:
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went with what I was in the mood for:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast (Ellen posts a weekly schedule on her paid site and this was up for today...)

Blessful Body - Upper Body Flow - Ky (from Blessful Body) offered another special of $1 for 21 days, so I decided to go for it. I feel somewhat guilty taking advantage of these b/c I really don't necessarily want to pay the $19.99 per month once the 21 days are up - but I guess it makes sense for her offer it...It isn't like I don't enjoy her workouts - I do - I am just trying to cut back on a lot of subscriptions b/c there are only so many hours in the day to fit everything in and I hate paying for stuff I don't use. I do like Blessful Body, overall though, it is more of a fusion program than classical Pilates - she mixes in Pilates, Yoga and recently, some barre and light HIIT.

I am tired from the weekend - Saturday was our long walk which I'm pretty used to doing now, but Sunday was a long day on my feet cooking. I don't know what got into me.. LOL! But at least there is a lot of food prepped for the week ahead so that is good.

This month I'd like to continue to focus on getting enough water in and eating better - in terms of less mindless snacking at work.

Lucy Wyndham Read posted a cute walking video for today that I may try to get in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJSQ0Lv5P9s&t=374s

Pat - we got a few inches, nothing terrible - it is supposed to snow a little more today, but we shall see what happens. I hear NYC is getting a ton of snow....

For this month I'd like to do Pahla's 7 workouts and then Lucy's 7 plus whatever else I feel like doing - that seems pretty doable. I do like having a plan sometimes, but other times I just like to do what I'm in the mood for.

Donna
Old 02-01-21, 09:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

That's all I had motivation for. The big storm is upon us. They're saying we may get up to 2 feet of snow before it's all over sometime tomorrow Not looking forward to this and praying we don't lose power.

PAT,we're supposed to get the big dump of snow. They're saying this is the worst snowstorm in NJ since 2016! I'm not happy. I think Bernadette has 2 circle workouts, I usually do the shorter express one.

DONNA, I know you workout in the morning before your work day which is smart. I'm just curious if you eat first and then workout or do you workout first thing. I really have no excuse since I'm not even working now but sometimes that works against me because I think oh I have time and I keep pushing it off. It's usually not an issue because I always feel like walking but it's an issue when I can't get outside to walk.

Hi ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 10:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It's a real Moan Day around here. The storm got upgraded for me. I was at Stop & Shop last night and one of the worker's phones started bleeping with a message that schools were closed. (Mr. Roll Eyes) I was going to go into the office for half a day, but the plows woke me up at 3:30 this morning. Oh well!

In the exercise arena I finished up Jane Fonda's Easy Going Workout with the warm up, barre, cardio, lower body stretches and cool down. I was a little sad about not being able to jump anymore, especially since it's hardly a jump-y workout, but just went with my low impact version and had fun with it. I used to love those old school aerobics before all my joints went on strike.

Summer Breeze - good luck keeping your power on and digging out when it's done. Fingers crossed! I give you credit for doing the 100 swings.

Donna, the Blessfull Body workouts sound nice - I also prefer fusion workouts. It will be nice having that home cooked food just waiting to be heated up.

Everyone stay safe and have a good day.
Old 02-01-21, 05:38 PM  
Rose

Hello!

I had a family emergency so I've been out of it the past several days. Too tired to read right now but I'll read and do personals tomorrow. Wanted to say hello and post.

Yesterday- Long park walk
Today- Glute program
YOQI meditation
House walking

Okay, hope everyone has a good day!
Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 08:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

YT Pahla B's Lean Toning
60 kettlebell swings

Definitely not an outdoor walk day yesterday. I enjoyed Pahla's workout. It was a weight workout done at a very moderate pace. I actually had to speed it up a few times. lol.
We got about 20 inches or so where I am even though some parts of the state got 30 inches! Thankfully my neighbor came over with the snow blower a couple of times to do the driveway and walkway. I shoveled the steps but we got a lot more snow so I'll be out there again today for a bit. DS will come over today or tomorrow to finish up. No walking today either I'm sure. Too much darn snow out there.

PAT, did you get a big snow dump
in your area?

ROSE, I hope things are better for you today. I hope the walk and workouts helped you.

Hi DONNA & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! The storm wasn't too-too bad here, my guess is nine to ten inches total for us. We went out twice to keep up with it, and by nightfall it changed to slush and rain. My schedule:

~ Felicia Tomasko "Block Party to Address Your Adrenals (yin yoga)
~ Shovel Max round one
~ Jason Crandell "Restore Your Posture" (restorative yoga)
~ Shovel Max round two

Summer Breeze, wow you got a lot! What good news that your neighbor helped you out. Good luck finishing up.

Rose, sorry to hear you had a family emergency, I hope everything is okay. Good job getting your workouts in.

Good morning to Christina and Donna.
Old 02-02-21, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It has been snowing here on and off for three days now - fortunately, it is not heavy snow - I'd say, overall, over these three days we got a total of 6 inches, but it is getting tiresome to see the gray skies....but... it is February.

I decided to finish up Lucy's Advent challenge -

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-advent-calendar/

I had left off at Day 18, so that is what I did today! It was a 30 minute workout - walking and body weight toning. I enjoyed it for a change of pace. I also still have to fit in Day 4 - along with Days 19-24, I remember I skipped that one b/c it was a longer workout. I'm not sure if I will do these as main workouts for the day or shorter ones to add on in the afternoons - but...we shall see.

It was a nice change of pace though!

I also did:

Blessful Body - Chest Expanding Backbend Prep - this was not as scary as it sounds. Mainly upper back/chest and hip opening exercises.

Yesterday for extras I did:

Lucy's walk up the mountain, it was really cute and fun to do and short!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJSQ0Lv5P9s

I also did Essentric's Aging Backwards Pain Relief episode last night after work.

Summer Breeze - I do workout first thing, before work. I don't eat before I workout but I do have a cup of coffee and water... I eat later in the morning after my workout, shower, etc. I am glad you enjoyed Pahla. I also go faster than her sometimes, but sometimes I find her pace to be just right No outdoor walking here either -too icy/snowy.

Pat - Glad your storm was not so bad....

Rose - hope all is well or at least getting better.

Waves, Christina! I have been giving some thought to an MR/Leslie/CS plan...will have to think more on it.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-03-21, 10:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Rough night last night w/ sleep so I am a bit low on energy and got a late start - so far today, I did:

Blessful Body - Barre Flow w/ Weights - it is a short - 30 min barre type/fusion class - it was pretty low key but good for being tired.

I plan to squeeze in a LWR walk later today - after my meetings and then something stretchy tonight.

Last night I did Ellen's Kick Butt workout which is her take on kickboxing - it was 20 min so not too long.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
jim fixx