Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-21, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 29 - Walking & Balance

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Digestion - fortunately, no digestive issues here, but I went w/ this one b/c it included a lot of twists which feel good on my back which gets so stiff from sitting.

Late yesterday afternoon I did CS 1112 - it was standing and barre...

I'm almost considering continuing with Pahla into February. I was getting bored there, but mixing in some Ellen fixed me up...

I just find Pahla to be very positive and relatable (is that a word??) and her stuff is sneaky - like today's balance, was really giving my hip stabilizers a run for their money which is a good thing.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day and Happy Weekend!!

Pat - I hope you are not feeling too bad today after the vaccine.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad your DD is doing better. Once I got the anti-virals I did start to feel a lot better and my rash did go away pretty quickly. It was an adventure. I have a friend who never had chicken pox either -and I think she got the chicken pox vaccine....instead of the Shingles vaccine...

Waves, Gypsy Rose!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 09:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Happy Friday!

Felt awful all day yesterday, and the building I work in has a weird HVAC system which means it felt like the AC was on all day. When I got home I literally got under a sleeping bag with a heating pad on my back and listened to a meditation. Thankfully I feel much better today.

Everyone have a wonderful day and stay healthy!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 10:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

33 minute outdoor walk

It was cold and windy yesterday but the sun made the walk manageable. Today walking is out of the question. It's so frigid and windy with windchills below zero! Then I think there's some snowstorm coming on Monday. Well it is winter.

DONNA, glad Ellen saved the Pahla rotation. When I go for my physical in February I'll see if the doc thinks the chicken pox vaccine is the way to go. I almost don't want to tamper with anything but we'll see what she says.

PAT, wow that was quite a reaction, glad you're feeling better!

Hi ROSE & CHRISTINA!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 04:12 PM  
Rose

Hello!
Yesterday was a rest day. Today:
Unilateral Bridge Burner
2 Mile Park Walk
Margaret Richard's Getting Better Upper Body
YOQI?

The program I'm following suggests foam rolling hamstrings in between exercises if the hamstrings start to take over from the glute works. Ouch! I think I overdid the foam rolling.

Pat Keep rested and warm! Take it easy for the weekend and let the vaccine do its thing.

Summer Breeze That's cold! Stay warm and dry this weekend.

Donna I checked out that Pahla video. One of the comments said it was ' toughly fun!' That's a great description for a variety of workouts!

Enjoy the weekend!
Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Day 30 - this was done with cardio in the first half and strength training in the second half. I have come to realize that Pahla makes strength training enjoyable for me. I always enjoyed cardio and fusion/pilates/yoga more than strength -but Pahla's style of strength has really grown on me. I guess that makes sense b/c Pahla says she is a cardio girl too, so I suppose she would find a way to make strength training enjoyable for people who like cardio.....I also like that she goes at a moderate pace so I can watch my form - so many instructors seem to speed along. I have learned to slow down w/ any instructor, though.

Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat Day 4 (abs), Day 5 (standing Pilates). All caught up on this mini-challenge now!

So for Feb, I don't think I'm ready to ditch Pahla. She is going in a different path with her mini challenges, so I'm going to see what that looks like. Sounds like every month she will release 7 new workouts that can be combined into a month long rotation. I will see how that works for me. I'm not quite ready to move on as I'm not bored and her workouts just seem to be hitting the spot for me - encouraging, not too taxing, etc...

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. Hopefully DD and I will be able to walk today.....before the snow tomorrow and Monday....

Pat - I hope you continue to feel better. I'm fully expecting to not feel great from the COVID vaccine when it is my turn to get it......

Lucy has a new 7 day challenge up:

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-challenge/

I may start adding her stuff back in - as break from sitting during the day. I have to be careful not to over do things, but my step counts have been so low b/c of working at home and the weather - at least when it was nice out I walked outside more....but I also have to be careful not to over do it....

Summer Breeze - yes, Ellen saved Pahla! Actually, what I kind of like about the 7 day workout series is that I will be "free" to mix in other things - of course, I always am - b/c there are no exercise police, lol! I wonder if you have immunity to chicken pox since your kids had it and you never got it?? Interesting....my friend at work never had it either....and I wonder if shingles will be a thing of the past since kids get a chickenpox vaccine now....

Gypsy Rose - I have heard many times (through Pahla, LOL!) that other muscles will often take over for the glutes - including the low back which is why low back injuries happen....and since we sit on our glutes so much they are just not used to working as they should!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

Jessica Smith's WS3 Cardio Interval Sculpt (15 mins)
Callanetics Abs Express
60 kettlebell swings

I must be very deconditioned because Jessica kicked my butt. My heartrate was soaring, I was starting to get a little lightheaded, so I stopped the workout and finished up with the callanetics. Today is still very cold and windy, though a little better than yesterday I think, so maybe I'll walk later if it doesn't feel too frigid. Then the big snowstorm Sunday night

ROSE, nice workout day. You're getting like DONNA with the nice variety of workouts

DONNA, maybe I need to try to follow Pahla for awhile. I did enjoy her workout when I tried it but I need to figure out my youtube issue so my workouts don't get blanked out.
Her new challenge sounds interesting, so she'll be doing 7 new workouts a month and then they're repeated the whole month?
Or they're mixed in with her other workouts? I'm intrigued.

Hi PAT & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day.
Old 01-30-21, 12:21 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Weekend! Brrrrrrr it is freezing here! Last night we had crazy winds, I was so happy to be bundled up inside reading and drinking chai while the wind howled outside. This morning it was 11 deg. with negative wind chills.

I'm fully bounced back from the vaccine funk. Still in an exercise slump, though. After work I forced myself to do some Winsor Pilates, one of the sculpting circle ones. Evidently long overdue from all the crackling and popping coming out of my back.

Rose - Getting Better sounds like a good one to pull to the front this week.

Summer, I don't blame you for not taking your walk. There are a lot of ice patches, too. A big snowstorm Sunday night?

Donna, does Pahla day 30 mean you completed the challenge? If so, yay! I like the sound of a mini challenge. My boss had the vaccine on Wednesday, and on Friday I asked him how it went and he had nothing but a mild headache that night, so don't worry too much.

Hello to Christina!
Old 01-30-21, 12:27 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - just a cute off topic story.

The wildlife rehab where my son volunteers on the weekends took in an unusual patient this week - a confused, young brown pelican. Someone saw it stranded on a frozen river in Essex, CT and called the DEEP who sent two environmental protection officers. They managed to get the pelican into a crate and took it to the rehab place.

Apparently it was blown way off course from his southern climate during the storm. He was battered and bruised, dehydrated and frightened, but he is much improved and feeding independently. They played soundtracks of Florida coastal nature noises while he was recuperating. A string of volunteers are getting him by plane down to the Busch Gardens Animal Rescue in Florida for ultimate return to his habitat. I'm sure he will not miss Connecticut!!
Old 01-30-21, 06:10 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Hello, everyone.

I've missed you! I've worked only one day this week so far; I had an intense depression and fibromyalgia episode. I'm feeling much better today after 11 hours of solid sleep.

Tuesday's Workout:
  • CS 1025 - Deep Leg & Hip Flexibility
    CS 1029 - Deep Full Body Flexibility
    CS Ultimate Stretch - Posture
    All my Best - Volume 1
    - Back
    - Obliques
    - Pectorals
    - Inner Thigh
    - Outer Thigh
    - Abdominals

My goal is to resume my workouts later this evening. I let you know how it goes.

Ciao,

Christina
Old 01-31-21, 10:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

37 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

It got to almost 30 degrees yesterday so I went for a nice walk. The snowstorm is coming in later today so probably no walking for several days. It didn't start yet but it's so damp and cold right now. I'll be looking for some indoor workouts this week.

PAT, I love the Winsor circle workouts. My favorite circle workout is Bernadette Giorgi's express pilates circle workout. Glad your side effects are gone. Wow that poor pelican sure got blown off course! What a great rescue story.

CHRISTINA, looks like a great CS/MR combo. So sorry about your depression/fibromyalgia episode. I hope you have a much better week. Keep us posted.

Hi DONNA & ROSE.

Have a great day!

Tags
jim fixx