Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-21, 06:34 PM  
Leonana

Well, I'm done!

Last time was in the car, in the stadium parking lot. Now that the weather has warmed up, my second shot was indoors, in the ASU basketball stadium. Again, it was well organized and went quickly. Lots of volunteers for the event, since hundreds of people are getting vaccinated. They even had golf carts in the parking lot, to take us to the stadium from our cars.

I feel okay, still a bit tired from stress. Of course, it's only been two hours since my shot. My arm isn't sore, at least not yet.

The hardest thing about the whole experience was climbing down to my seat to wait the 15 minutes. The basketball stadium seating is very steep, with no handrails. I started getting dizzy going down, and stopped. They asked me to come down further, and I firmly said no, there is no handrails and I'm dizzy. So they let me sit where I wanted.

The second hardest was the heavy traffic driving home. Ugh. And I had to buy cat food on the way home. No problems with my arm lifting the cat food bag. I thought I better do it now, while I'm able.

Will update tomorrow morning. Crossing my fingers!
Old 04-24-21, 09:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry, glad you checked in to let us know how it went! You were on my mind, as I know you were feeling some stress. Hope Sunday is just as smooth and there are no side effects!

We were on the road today, but I did get over 10,000 steps in so that's something!

Have a good weekend!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 07:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi,
This morning I did Jessica Valent - Pilates for Prolapse. I don't have a Prolapse, but I find the exercises in this practice to be helpful for my hip/SI joint.

I think she has both a longer version (on her paid site) and a shorter version (on You Tube).

Jessica, herself, suffered from Prolapse (3!) and had surgery recently. She is very open and honest about it and her experiences...

I hope to walk today as well! I am also feeling better, but a bit tired still. It may be stress....late on Friday I found out that one of my co-workers is leaving, I'm not sure of the circumstances yet, but it all adds up to extra work for me (yes, it IS all about me, LOL!)

Sherry - yay, I'm glad that is over! I get dizzy/vertigo in those situations as well. I hope you are feeling well today!

Waves, Pam, Liz and wishiwasinhawaii

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 09:55 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Ugh, things have been too busy lately. I spent all day yesterday doing yardwork and I'm tired and sore today, so I'm just going to rest. I have the second COVID shot tomorrow and I don't want to be rundown for that. It's not until 4:30.

Donna, It stinks when someone at work leaves and you get stuck doing your job plus theirs. Where I work, they rarely replace people when they leave and divide up their work and dump it on others.

Sherry, Glad to hear you got your second shot over with. Hope you're still feeling ok.

Pam, It's great you were able to get 10,000 steps from walking around at the sales!
Old 04-25-21, 10:22 AM  
Leonana

Thanks for the concern everyone! It's been over 24 hours, and I feel fine, except for a sore arm. The arm soreness is worse this time, but not too painful. But I will have to wait to workout.

I'm tired, but I didn't sleep well last night, waiting for it to kick in. I kept telling myself to relax, but you know how that goes.

I read that you can have symptoms up to seven days after the vaccine, but most people have symptoms 12-24 hours afterwards. I was concerned about not having symptoms wrt the strength of my immune system. I knew I had antibodies, but wondered about my age affecting it. I found an interesting article about the symptoms.

Quote:
In phase III trials, the most common side effect after the second Pfizer shot was fatigue (reported by 60% of those ages 16 to 55), and about 80% of Moderna participants had some type of effect, including fever, fatigue, or muscle pain after dose two -- leaving a substantial number of people without any side effects at all.
So, it seems Pfizer has less side effects than Moderna, if I'm reading it correctly. It seems to track with my dd and I, she had a reaction with Moderna, and I had just the sore arm with Pfizer. Also, it had this about reactions to different vaccines. This might explain why someone has a reaction to one vaccine, but not another.

Quote:
"Each of us has a different set of HLA and other immunogenetic mediators that respond to different antigens to different degrees," Schooley noted. "One person may have a vigorous response to a hepatitis B vaccine, while another may not. One person may react strongly to certain adjuvants while others may not."
https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/91999

Pam, great job getting in 10,000 steps, especially being on the road.

Donna, those steps were so steep! I'm still surprised there was no railing, but I guess you can grab the backs of the seats. I'm sorry to hear about your extra work. I hope you get some help.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope you feel okay after your shot tomorrow.

Last edited by Leonana; 04-25-21 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Updated time after shot
Leonana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 12:26 PM  
Leonana

Can you tell I start researching when I get anxious lol.
Old 04-26-21, 07:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My DD ditched me yesterday - so we didn't walk -she went out w/ friends. But, I did my own walk & yoga:

- Jessica Smith - Pyramid Power Walk (30 day set)
- Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Lying Practice for Flexibility & Guided Meditation (this was *so* relaxing)
- Short outdoor walk w/ my Golden (she was limping a bit - she is getting on in years, and she does play to vigorously at times!)

Today, so far, has been:

- Jessica Smith - WS 1.0 Barefoot Fusion Sculpt (a good one!)
- Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Routine - Part 1

Sherry - glad you are still feeling good! That is interesting about the research, b/c I would agree that the people who I have talked to that had their vaccines already, more people report reactions to Moderna than Pfizer. My 2nd Pfizer is a week from today. I also research when nervous. I think an absence of side effects doesn't mean it isn't working, everyone just responds differently.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm sure we will end up replacing my co-worker, but it is going to take time and we are going into/in the busiest time of year. UGH.

Waves Pam and Liz!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 03:05 PM  
Leonana

I took it easy today, and did a Cocolime workout - Easy, Fat Burning Walk & Kick Cardio Home Workout. I enjoyed it, although it had a lot of commercial interruptions.

I did get fatigued yesterday evening. I think I did too much and should have rested more. I'm still feeling a bit fatigued today. I have that weak feeling in my muscles you get after being sick. But I have some housework and laundry to do. Then there's dinner. I'm going to try and rest this afternoon.

Donna, I remember you did Cocolime for awhile. How did you like it?
Old 04-26-21, 04:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I'm worn out from the weekend two day trek. I did manage Lee's Qi Gong for Healthy Joints and Bones! Another great workout with Lee! I'm hoping I can do a bit more before bed tonight. My shins are feeling tight, probably from all the car sitting. Need a good lower body stretch this PM.

Have a good day y'all!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 06:45 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I did a Total Gym workout this morning. I wanted to do it early because I went for my second shot today and want to take it easy for a couple of days. It's only been a few hours, but I feel fine so far. The nurse told me to drink plenty of water and take Tylenol if I need it.

Sherry, Glad to hear you haven't had much of a reaction. I understand being anxious about it. I feel the same way and am trying not to think about it!

Donna, Thank goodness they will hire someone to replace your co-worker. I'm sure it will be tough during the busy time though.

Pam, Lee's Qi Gong sounds like a good workout to do after the COVID vaccine, lol. I may have to look for that one.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy