Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-21, 08:06 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

HI! Sorry I haven't been posting. Work has been crazy. It's always busy at the beginning of the year and it should settle down once we get into February.

I have been finding the time to work out and am on week 4 of WS1. Today was Lower Body. I actually skipped the ab stuff at the end because I did 360 Abs yesterday and it just seemed like too much.

Pam, Wow, how do you do both WS1 and the TG workouts in the same day?? I don't think I could do that. Yes, I plan to finish WS1 and then go into WS2, but I think I'll take a week off in between and do the TG beginner workout a few days that week with some cardio mixed in on the other days.

Liz, Yeah, Lower Body is hard with all those reps and pulses! I have a hard time with the plie squats. They really bother my knees so I just do a regular squat.

Donna, How many more workouts do you have until you finish Pahla's rotation?

Sherry, Metabolic Conditioning is tough! I wonder if Lift & Shift is going to be similar. You really find the best stuff at your Goodwill!
Old 01-26-21, 09:49 PM  
lizh

Hello everyone!

Today I did Cardio Step Jam. This is a fun one and it doesn't have that killer pace that I've experienced in the last few days of WS3 routines. I used the top of my Transfirmer for the step. I think it is 4 inches. Jessica and Beth are both using a higher step, of course. I'm glad I got the workout done since the devil on my shoulder was tempting me to skip.

Donna, nice to hear that you like Ellen's 7 Day Series. I have that DVD but not sure if I ever gave it a chance.

wishiwasinhawaii, sorry to hear work is crazy! But good for you for keeping up with the rotation.

Sherry, Metabolic Conditioning is a tough one! I can't do those crazy push-ups with one hand on the step either. I was using the 4 inch transfirmer step and I still couldn't do them.

Pam, I have a love/hate relationship with 360 abs. Some of the moves are very creative though! And often times I feel it in my core the next day which is always a good sign!

take care everyone,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Total Body Tune Up
Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat - Day 3 (Arms & Shoulders)

Yesterday I did squeeze in Pahla's Day 26 workout which was "dynamic moves" I enjoyed it - some KBell inspired work was included.

Today I hope to squeeze in the Day 27 workout which is walking plus glute toning.

Sorry for not doing individual personal replies - it is one of those days....

Pahla's challenge is 31 days - so I'm almost done! I enjoy them when I do them, but I'm ready to move on....

Hope to be back later...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 08:53 PM  
Leonana

I'm afraid I didn't do any workout yesterday. I didn't sleep well Monday night and was exhausted. I did do some housework and spent an hour walking around one Goodwill. My friend wasn't available, so I was by myself this time. I didn't find any workouts, but did get a few things.

This evening I'm planning on WS3 Total Body. I babysat today, so didn't get it in this morning. I've mentioned watching her before, but she's four now and cute as a button. Keeps me on my toes!

Just a heads up, one of the admins for our FB Group was contacted by Jessica. Unfortunately, more technical difficulties, and the soft phase, or testing phase, will be mid-February. I'm beginning to suspect that this is digital. It would explain why there are so many technical difficulties, and why it's more complicated than usual. But none of us know for sure, that's just my theory! Actually, I'm kind of excited for a digital platform, if it had all of Jessica's workouts in one spot. Of course, I own all of them lol. But if it had all of the you tube workouts too, and you just accessed everything from one place, that would be convenient. Just theorizing though, I don't have any idea what's coming.

wishiwasinhawaii, sorry to hear work has been busy, but good job on the workouts. Our Goodwills do have a lot of good stuff. I guess the Phoenix area is a hot spot for Goodwill, lol.

Donna, good job at getting your workouts in. I have figured out it is my SI Joint bothering me now. It was my pirifirmis, but that cleared up. Then the SI Joint became sore. It’s always something lol.

Liz, I think I will have to use the smaller part of my Fanny Lifter for WS3!
Old 01-27-21, 08:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I had planned to workout today but was exhausted with Shovel Max x 2! After first tackling the driveway and West sidewalk, we had to go out and run some errands. Then, when we got home I finished the South sidewalk and steps before dark! Snow was slushy (heavy and wet) but compact. If I'd left it, it would have turned very icy as cold as it's been here! Not the workout I intended, but it felt good to have the physicality and strength to push and lift!

Good night all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 09:57 PM  
lizh

Hi there,
Checking in with Barre Sculpt in the books. In all my years of being a vidiot, I've never really gotten into barre so this was somewhat lost on me. It was relatively fun until about 9 minutes left when she went to the floor which included lots of ab work. Part of the problem was that my ball was a bit bigger than hers so some of the moves didn't work. I suppose I could have followed Debbie who didn't have a ball but instead I just watched in horror at all those crunches!

Donna, you are almost done with Pahla's challenge! The descriptions sound very interesting. I might attempt that one if I live through WS3.

Sherry, thanks for giving us the skinny on the new workouts. I'm sure it must be hard getting something finished and delivered during a pandemic.

Pam, enjoy your snow/slush/ice. I miss it. Easy for me to say when I'm firmly planted in SoCal at the moment, but I lived for many years in the Northeast, so I'm no stranger to ShovelMax.

PS - Does anyone need a copy of Jessica's "Metabolic Conditioning"? I bought two copies by mistake. I bought it used on ebay, but I assume it is fine. Feel free to PM your address.
Old 01-27-21, 11:29 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I didn't do a workout today. Just had too much going on, but I did walk for a bit.

Sherry, Thanks for the update on Jessica. That's too bad, but at least now we have some idea when to expect it. I think you're right that it will be digital. I'm sure the pandemic has something to do with the delays. Oh well, I'll just keep doing the WS workouts until whenever it is released!

Pam, Shovel Max is the toughest workout there is! It looks like we're getting a storm here on Sunday. Not looking forward to that.

Liz, I'm not sure I'd ever miss this weather if I moved away, lol.

Waves to Donna!
Old 01-28-21, 12:13 AM  
Leonana

I did WS 3 Total Body this evening, and then followed it with the one mile walk that I had missed yesterday. I really enjoyed the workout, and I can tell I’m getting stronger.

I’ve said this before, but I’m going to try working out in the evening. I have more energy and can do more. I’m having a hard time fitting in a workout in the morning. We shall see if I remember to do it in the evening!
Old 01-28-21, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Pahla's Day 27 - Walking and Glute Toning workout - it was a good one - I didn't love the walking in place intervals, but I did enjoy the glute toning parts....

Today was:

Pahla B - Day 28 - my favorite type of workout from Pahla - low impact cardio w/ weights....

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Min Therapeutic Yoga for Hips and Low Back - my hips and low back take a beating from all the sitting I do - so this felt good.

I will squeeze something else in later - maybe some CS...

So....now that i'm nearing the end of Pahla's challenge, I'm thinking, you know, I'm going to miss her - so February may feature more of her workouts. I haven't listened to her Q&A yet...to find out how her "mini challenge" is going to change...but I guess I will find out soon enough once I listen in on the Q&A or see her weekly e-mail on Sunday.

Sherry - good for you! I honestly have been having such a hard time mentally w/ challenging workouts...I think that is why I'm loving Pahla right now. Her stuff is not very difficult - it isn't totally easy - but it isn't killer hard either. I'm still toying w/ doing Fusion February w/ Jessica next month - but I admit to having some dread w/ some of the workouts already....I admittedly feel quite wimpy these days!! Maybe I should workout in the evenings, but I tend to fizzle out after work.....probably a good time for me to workout would be the afternoon - but then I have this lingering paranoia about leaving my desk for too long. I have done it w/ Pahla's workouts since they tend to be only 20 minutes...thanks for the update on Jessica's newest!!!

wishiwasinhawaii - I have had a busy week this week, too - many meetings....

Liz - I do admit lately to having some dread w/ Jessica's workouts - I feel I have gotten really wimpy in my old age, LOL. I think doing the Gentle Pilates Floor work the other day did me in - it was harder than I expected....and I think has given me a mental block. Ellen's fusion stuff is definitely on the gentler side of things.

Pam - yikes, sorry to hear about snow. I think we may get some this weekend.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 09:51 PM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today was a rest day so I did Cardio Party from WS1. It was fun. I was going to try a virgin Firm Dance DVD but when I went to play it, my DVD player started making strange noises. I didn't want to risk it. Oh well, I guess it will forever be a virgin!

I'm glad to have a somewhat easy day.

I'll catch up tomorrow. Waves to all!
Liz

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy