Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-15-21, 09:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to be MIA for a few days - I have been in a bit of a funk. Not like anything bad has happened, but I'm just feeling burned out by the grind - which is funny b/c I had two vacations over the summer - but work just keeps chugging along and it seems there is never a breather - just more to do.... Plus I'm not fond about the return of the heat and humidity - I was getting into a good groove w/ dog walks in the evenings, but it is really not great to walk my hairy Golden when it is so humid.

Anyway...yesterday was:

Lively Ladies -25 Min Energy Burst Workout
Yoga w/ Bird - Every Day Yoga to Feel Your Best
Robin Long/ The Balanced Life - Pilates for better Sleep (did this one in the evening)

And, today, so far has been:

Lively Ladies - Trim & Tone Butt and Thighs
Yoga w/ Bird - 10 Min Hips and Low Back Stretch

The Lively Ladies are keeping me positive - these seem to be just right. I don't find them particularly hard, but I don't find them too easy either. At the end of the workout I have worked up a sweat but I'm not exhausted.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 09:41 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi again,

The gist of yesterday's message is my feet have been acting up, so no workouts yet. Lot's of time standing at outdoor events this past weekend, and indoors on hardwood floors.

We found some awesome Great Courses at an estate sale on the Cape this past weekend....bible study, History of Christianity, Egyptian History, Economics lectures, etc.

Also, was at an event in Newport with Revolutionary War re-enactors and saw a replica of George Washington's first "oval office" a linen tent of fine luxury and bedding. A crew from the History Museum in Philly brought it with them!

Have to take my 17 yr. old cat (Isis) in for her regular bloodwork soon. And, have ordered some DVD shelving that's arriving today, for extra workout overflow. Has to be assembled.

Will be back later if I get a chance....

Sherry, thanks for posting Jessica's latest.

Donna, I also saw Jenny Ford's step challenge. Wish I could participate in that, too!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 09:57 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

BTW, Donna.....I'm reading "the Ghosts of Belfast" and it's really dark and grim with some of IRA history of the 60's, 70's and 80's. It's heavy stuff, but the author is a good writer and this was his debut book written a number of years ago. There's more he's written since then. Anyway, wanted to warn you that if you pick it up...it's about an IRA hitman who's killed many and injured more with bombings, shootings, stabbings, riots and such. These 12 ghosts want revenge on the dirty men who were behind these events and caused their death. And, they will haunt the main character until he kills every last person involved "indirectly" in their deaths. One of the incidents with three of the ghosts were a bombing of a butcher shop and a pregnant woman and her baby were there...wrong place wrong time, so they died....as many innocent people...bystanders did. They weren't the target, but victims of the tragedy of the time. So, the author has some real life events (like this) and uses names of some of the real men behind the scenes. It's interesting, and sad...and brutal, senseless, violence. It's also very political, with groups choosing sides. And, lot's of animosity toward "other" religious groups...Catholic vs Protestants, etc. Police vs Citizens.

Current Rotation:
Old 09-15-21, 10:30 AM  
Leonana

I was wrong! Jessica does have more coming out on dvd! From her email:

Updates
We're currently hard at work for you creating some new content that we are hoping to have ready by the end of the year or early 2022. We are working through some challenges right now too, but we're doing our best to have them out just as soon as possible.

We'll be sharing this new content on DVD and digital, and we're putting together new work for our YouTube channel as well.

In the meantime, we'd love to share with you some of our existing resources to help you keep taking great care of your body and your health:
Old 09-15-21, 12:27 PM  
Leonana

No workout yet, but I plan on something later today.

I had my dermatologist visit today for my full body check up. One pre-cancerous spot that they froze off. This was the spot that was concerning me, so glad to take care of it. The PA also found two suspicious spots, so he took tissue for a biopsy. I will know in two weeks. If it is skin cancer, they will gouge them out, at least that's how the PA described it. Hopefully, they are benign. If not, it should be easy to treat. I'm glad to get checked, I haven't done it in ten years, and it's been on my mind lately.

My husband's friend passed away last night. It is really hard on the family, obviously. I think he was 58, and had a wife and adult children. His mother is still alive, and apparently, this is the third child she has lost. So sad. I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore.
Old 09-15-21, 04:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry,

Glad your PA was able to remove the spot. The last time I was at the dermatologist was when I lived in AZ., and I'd had a couple spots frozen off and tested, too! I also had a few moles in armpit area that were removed, as it was so inconvenient to shave around it.

So very sorry to hear about your husbands friend and that is way too young to leave this earth! I'll be praying for his wife, kids and mom. So very sad!

I'm currently taking an immune support supplement that has so much in it (along with zinc.) But, I need to check on the RDA on each of the ingredients, as I tend to overdo the vitamins and supplements.

So happy Jessica will have something on DVD for us soon! I get Jessica's emails, but I get so much in my inbox I'm guilty of not reading everything she sends. I will be ready to do a rotation of hers soon. September has been so hit or miss for me...epic fail. I need to get on the ball!

Current Rotation:
Old 09-15-21, 06:01 PM  
Leonana

Today I did Jessica's 20 Minute Total Body Barre workout. After four weeks, my congestion is gone, but my muscles are still a little weak. I should be back to normal next week.

I couldn't get You Tube to play on my Roku. I did a search, and apparently it's a glitch and you tube is working on it. So, I used my phone. The positive for that is that I can hear it better, using my hearing aids with blue tooth. I usually can't hear the music, but if I use my phone, I can. I also hear more of Jessica's instructions which is good too.

Donna, sorry you have been in a funk. I hope work calms down soon for you. That's great that Lively Ladies works for you so well. I think her workouts are more challenging than they look!

Pam, glad you were able to post today. I hope the feet are feeling better, and your cat gets a clean bill of health. That does sound like an intense and scary book. I have become so sensitive as I've gotten older, that I can't handle anything remotely violent. Cozy mysteries are about my limit. Unfortunately, I miss out on some good books. Regarding the derm, they burned off one and took biopsies on two. Although, the biopsies look like a chunk of skin was taken out! If I ever win the lottery, I would go to the dermatologist and have my age spots removed, lol. Regarding vitamins, it's hard to know what to take! My last blood test did show low Vitamin D, so I take a supplement for that.
Old 09-16-21, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

CocoLime - MIT # 7 - (Medium Intensity Training) - this was a bit more advanced than her other MIT workouts, although I could have used another round or two!

CocoLime - COGA # 3 - this is Suzanne's take on yoga. This was a nice routine, a little stretching w/ some body weight toning

I needed a change this morning and I remember I subscribed to her site for .99 for this month - so decided to give some of the workouts a try.

Last night DD and I walked our Golden - so that was nice.

Not much else going on here today!

Pam - thanks for the info on the book....it sounds interesting, but more than I want to take on emotionally right now!

Sherry - Yes, I agree, LL is harder than it looks!

I'm excited for some new Jessica content. I enjoyed the workouts of hers I did a few weeks ago.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-17-21, 10:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick check in:

Jessica Smith - Core Control from WS 2.0
Jessica Smith - 15 Min Session from Yoga Fusion Fix

I hope everyone is doing well.

I am thinking about a Jessica Smith rotation for October....Maybe WS 2.0 or maybe Calm & Strong....maybe I'll do two versions of Calm & Strong - one w/ You Tube one with DVDs

Hope everyone has a good Friday!!

Donna
Old 09-17-21, 05:38 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was one of Jessica’s Walk and Talks, I was looking for an easy walk. Then I did my volunteer filing. I meant to do another walk in the evening but forgot.

Today was 30 Minute Total Body Standing Strength. I used five pounds and it was just right for me today.

Donna, I am excited for some new content also. It gives me something to look forward to!

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy