Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-21, 11:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Margaret Richard & Friends - 2021

Hello! Welcome to the Margaret Richard & Friends check-in
Everyone is welcome!

You don't have to exercise to Margaret or even workout at all- just stop in and say Hello!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 07:09 PM  
GypsyRose

Thank you, Summer Breeze, for getting us started for 2021!

Finished up some black eyed peas for the New Year's meal. Does anyone else eat black eyed peas and greens for New Year's good luck?

Today was an easy day, a YOQI meditation, as I've been dealing with a migraine. It's either due to hormones or champagne last night and mimosas this morning. I don't drink alcohol as I tend to have an allergy to it but I decided to try something new this year. Ha! Back to teetotaling.

Enjoy the first day of 2021!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Day 2 of Pahla's Weight Loss challenge - it was short and sweet - under 25 min - 20 seconds walking, 20 seconds low impact, 20 seconds weight. I do have to, as Pahla says, "quiet the monkey chatter" in my brain that says this isn't enough. Still not 100% sure if I will follow through w/ this challenge, but I made it to Day 2. I think the key to me following any challenge is to allow for some flexibility - so it may be that this takes me longer than 30 days to complete if I get the urge to do something else here and there...we shall see...as Pahla also says, "there are no exercise police" so I am sure if I slip in an Ellen Barrett workout, I'll be ok...

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 1 - Invitation - this was the longest practice of her series at 48 minutes, but I had the time this morning to do it. It was slow moving, as are most of her Day 1 videos. Again, we shall see how long I last w/ this challenge - again, the key being, allowing for flexibility.

I plan to walk w/ DD today if she is up for it. Yesterday I was just a total couch potato, I haven't done that in forever. It felt good.

Summer Breeze -thanks for starting us off!

Rose - hope you are feeling better. Champagne/Sparkling wine will give me a mild headache from time to time. I had some and I also had some Bailey's Irish Cream, LOL!

Waves, Pat!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Still no workouts to report. I was going to walk with DS yesterday but I still wasn't feeling well. The weather was stinky too.
I'm not sure if it's stress/anxiety or I have a bug but I'm feeling a little shaky and off balance and I had some digestive issues. I'm not eating or sleeping well so that made be contributing also.
I made a doctor appointment for a physical but the earliest they had was February. If I continue not feeling well I'll go in for a sick visit though. I'm hoping to walk today but I'll see how I feel.

ROSE, I hope you feel better soon. I think the black eyed peas is a Southern tradition?
I was reading about in on a thread on GD.

DONNA, looks like you're starting off the year with some good workouts.

Hi PAT.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-02-21, 10:54 AM  
donnamp

Summer Breeze - I hope you feel better soon. It is understandable that you are stressed and anxious...

Donna
Old 01-02-21, 01:31 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Woot Woot! Happy 2021!

Thank you for starting our new check-in Summer Breeze - but I do hope you feel better soon. I hope you aren't coming down with something. Maybe all the stress is catching up with you?

Rose, shoot! I forgot to make black eyed peas and I have a great recipe from AllRecipes, too. I hope your migraine goes away soon.

Donna, I like what you said about allowing some flexibility while following a challenge. Yum, Bailey's
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 01:31 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'll put my day separately - I read on GD that the 501 error is back!!!

I made it a nice ritualistic day of cleansing the old year and greeting the new. It was cold here, but DH and I took a nice walk around the neighborhood. He's been a real slump and I was happy to see him get off the couch. After that:

Meditation One: I went to the beach for my annual new year's reflection and meditation. I counted ten blessings from 2020, and yes, I did have ten and didn't have to dig too deep to find them. After that I took a quick walk in the sand and enjoyed the cold, breeze and water.

Yoga: Kassandra's New Year Intention Setting & Affirmations yin practice. Kassandra recommended following with a review and plan workshop which is labeled for 2016-2017 but of course can be used for any yearly transition. One of the affirmations was "I am proud of myself," and Kassandra asks you to think of ten things you were proud about from the prior year. I was able to drum up ten "prouds" and it felt uplifting.

Before the yoga I smudged myself and the room, charged the room with Reiki and settled in with lots of props and candles.

Meditation Two: Felicia Tomasko "Compassion Practice to Prepare for Sleep" (Glo). I'll have to do it again during daylight because within one minute I was sound asleep.

Before all that I completed Days 19 and 20 of LWR's Advent calendar. Four to go!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 06:11 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Today an indoors walk. A meditation by kundalini teacher Mayra Fiennes which I didn't enjoy. A fast mantra that I could not get right...it was frustrating but it also made me laugh.

Pat Your New Year honoring was deep. What a good way to start off the new year. The ten blessings and 10 ways to feel proud is something I will practice this evening. Thank you for sharing it.

Summer Breeze The black eyed peas is a Southern tradition. I moved to the South a number of years ago and I thought it was strange. Now I eat black eyed peas every New Year's day. Somehow, it's become a must. Summer Breeze, I think about you often. Perhaps you were in shock and maybe now you are coming out of it? Your mind and body may be trying to process the trauma.

Donna You have the best rotations. I look forward to reading about your workout choices.

Many blessings to all as we embark on 2021.

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I made it to Day 3 and Day 2 - LOL!

Pahla B - 31 Day Weight Loss Series - Day 3 - walk and stretch. This one felt really good. My DD and I took a long walk yesterday - I got over 17K steps so it felt good to stretch today. The workout was walking intervals w/ stretching intervals.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 2 - Arrive

I may do some Pilates/PT type exercises later....

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Summer Breeze - I hope you are feeling better today.

Pat - I loved reading about your ritual!

Gypsy Rose - I will have to whip up some black eyed peas and greens!

Donna
Old 01-03-21, 11:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

25 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

I was feeling a little better yesterday so DD and I did a short neighborhood walk then I did the swings after dinner. Today I'm shaky again and it's snowing right now so I'll probably try and rest.

PAT, wow your beach walk and meditation sounds amazing. Sounds like a good start to your new year.

ROSE, well at least you got a laugh out of your frustrating kundalini session. That's interesting what you say about trying to process the shock. Now that things have quieted down I think the reality is starting to sink in plus all the things that still need to be attended to causing stress.

DONNA, nice routines you're doing. 17K steps is awesome.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Tags
jim fixx