Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-24-21, 08:15 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Irony. The opposite of Wrinkly. 10/24

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 08:30 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks, Laura, for the title of this thread!

I'll be walking Gus, then driving with Adelija to a huge outdoor mall for her shopping habit . Just a nice quiet day. I'll be glad when school starts again tomorrow!

Laura, so are you adopting Polly? I thought she was owned by someone on your block? If it's truly a stray, the outdoor kennels they leave out for strays have straw inside them for insulation - wools and cottons get wet (even with breath moisture freezing) and endanger the cats with temperature drops. https://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/...t-house-ideas/ If she's going to be indoor eventually for you, best of luck with that! Looks like Polly has made a link in your heart .

Paula, Perhaps I've gotten officially lazy - I'll wear sweats all week for my daytime clothing.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-24-21, 09:31 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We started the morning with a family Zoom call. It was good to see the Japan contingent, and the kids talked more than usual. Plus, my brother is in the final stages of negotiating for a new job, so we heard all about that. We don't have anything on the books the rest of the day and I'm hoping for another low-key day. It's going to be beautiful with sun and highs in the upper 70s.

Anita - Thanks for the info on cat shelters. We just don't know if Polly was abandoned or if she has an owner in the neighborhood. No one we have talked to seems to know, so we suspect she might be a stray, but we just don't know for sure. She was obviously a house cat at some point rather than being feral. We'll never have her inside our house because DH is horribly allergic, so we'll always interact with her outside. The material inside the structure is faux fur. We'll read up on what it's made of. Plus, it's heated and we can set it up to stay warm most of the night. We're keeping it on the porch, so it's protected from the elements. I'll take a look at that link you posted.

Thanks for getting us started. I hope you enjoy your quiet day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 09:11 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 20 Cardio/Tone and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery day for us - a beautiful day. Tommorow we're supposed to have rain - the northern part of the state is supposed to get lots of rain and snow in the mountains. I hope it's true, we really need to fill the reservoirs.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Hope Adelija got to scratch her shopping itch. I think the shopping for basic things like jeans and T shirts is easier and more abundant here than in many other countries. My niece is married to an Italian when his sister would come to visit the first thing she wanted to do was hit the mall. My niece and I took her all over, she bought clothes for herself, other family members and friends and said they just didn't have the selection in Italy. I always thought Italy was a high fashion place and maybe it is but the average person doesn't want to wear that type of clothing every day, they want the basics and they want it to fit. Is that what Adelija says too?

Laura, how nice to see and talk with your brother's family. We have a couple things going on this week, we're meeting friends for lunch on Tuesday and having the carpet cleaned on Wednesday and that's a busy week for us these days.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 08:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning to walk Gus, do some yard work cutting down what froze, and putzing around. Tonight Adelija will be going to work at a volunteer place in downtown Minneapolis - I'll drop her off and pick her up - not happy about the environment she's working in. I'll probably be late coming in to Spades this evening if it occurs.

Yesterday Adelija enjoyed the outlet mall - the place is huge! I was surprised how many stores have closed though . The girl wears black, white and grey, so buys more in that color realm - I don't get it! She also bought a card for a friend having a birthday this week. I didn't buy anything or even try things on - I probably need new sweatpants as mine are starting to fray. Maybe I can get away from them as they were pants for post-surgical conditions that I'm not in any more. I'll probably go to a nearer outlet soon and try things on by myself.

Laura, is your brother still looking for a job in Japan? or could he be moving back to the US?

Paula, I hope CA gets good rain that doesn't cause avalanches . I think Adelija is just warming up with shopping in the US . She wanted Uggs, but the store didn't have the type she longed for and she could find cheaper online. Hopefully the online version works out. Enjoy your busy carpet cleaning this week!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-25-21, 07:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is the only day this week we'll have without an appointment. This morning, our friend who got married in July called and it was good to catch up with him. This afternoon, DH went with me as I ran errands - the library and Food Lion.

Anita - No, he's looking in Japan. They talked about moving to the U.S. for years, but I don't think that will happen. They're too settled there and the kids are still in school. I don't get people who don't wear color. Note that I don't count white, black, or gray as true colors.

Paula - I hope you all got a lot of rain without anything bad happening because of it. You all really need the rain.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-25-21, 09:25 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga "Presence" with Travis Eliot. Did a little cleaning and a little sewing and the day slipped away.

Anita, glad Adelija was able to find things she liked at the outlet mall. I suspect she'll need true winter clothes there. Glad Adelija was able to find a volunteer opportunity - what is it about the environment she's working in that you don't like. So far we've gotten some rain today but it hasn't been destructive - at least not here. I heard it rained so hard in Seatle a tree fell over on a car and killed two people. Not sure why so many young people don't want to wear color - I love neutrals but they need a shot of color to set them off.

Laura, glad your DH was feeling well enough to go with you on errands. I remember when you were here in July, hop your friend is enjoying married life? So far so good with the rain. Yeah, color is mandatory in my wardrobe otherwise I'd look completely washed out.
Old 10-26-21, 08:10 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and doing odd errands like picking up bird seed for feeders, picking up Halloween candy, and getting a new calendar for 2022.

Laura, When I go look at new apartments or condos they are decorated in white, black and grey - not my idea of a place I want to live in - I'm in browns, blues, purples, deep reds and golden yellow colors here in my house. So is my wardrobe! I can't remember my online library password or entry word - it's been a long time since I've been in there!

Paula, Adelija at least comes from a country that has winters, but her preferences are for fashion over warmth on many things. Adelija's volunteering is in an area of Minneapolis that got destroyed in the riots, so I'm not thrilled about her walking around there - I drive her there and back. I saw footage of the collapsed car from the tree falling on it on the news - how sad . When I went to pick up Adelija at her high school, it was difficult to spot her - all thin women wearing masks, with dark straight hair and wearing black .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-26-21, 07:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I had my infusion this afternoon and they pushed it through faster than normal. The faster it goes, the more tired and out of it I am afterward. DH said he could tell when I walked back in. Since I didn't sleep well last night anyway, I'm hoping this means I'll crash tonight.

Anita - That's pretty funny about the flood of thin women in black wearing masks. At least she can spot you easier. One thing we like about our house is that it came painted in different earth tone colors - tan, muted green, etc. I think whoever decided gray should be the default color for everything did the the world a disservice.

Paula - My friend and his new wife have had a different type of start to their marriage. They have been on two big trips - their honeymoon to Maui and a vacation to the Northeast to see fall colors. Now, he's back in Baltimore working on his house while she travels for business on the west coast. Through it all, he seems blissfully happy while feeling surprised at his good fortune.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-26-21, 09:06 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 22 - Push/Strength and a neighborhood walk with DH.

We met friends for lunch at a local restaurant. We hadn't seen them in a long time, was a nice day.

Anita, yeah, here too when you go into a new home all the walls are neutrals - usually shades of white. It's funny how young people all want to be unique by looking alike. I can'r criticise as my generation did the same thing.

Laura, sorry they pushed the infusion through so quickly you felt fatiqued afterward, you'd think health professionals would know better. Glad your friends are blissfully happy - newlyweds should be.