Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-26-21, 12:14 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello my fabulous fit chicks!! Quick check in! Glad to see you're all doing so well. I LOVE reading your posts!

Once again the days have just gotten away from me. But no appointments this week. Justin had chemo #4 last Wed and still doing well. We are hopeful.

Catching up.
Last Tues: Cathe Live 359 Pumped Up Lower body plus 21 Day Fix Barre Legs. GOOD stuff!! I really hammered my legs! But I must say the two 21DF and 21DFX Lower that I did earlier seemed harder though. At least I felt it more.
Last Wed: Nothing chemo day
Thurs: Cathe Live 358 30 Min Kickbox Express and 357 30 Min HiiT Express. SO GOOD together!! I liked both quite well and the HiiT was much like Perfect 30 HiiT.
Fri: 21DF Pilates and 21DFX Pilates. Autumn made Pilates fun again for me. Not killer hard but really good rest day or end-of-week workout.

I have still been meditating every day and Yoga almost every day. Keeping me sane.

This week:
Mon: Cathe Live 366 PHA Supersets 2 No Repeats plus 21DF Flat Abs. 366 was wicked. I liked the different rep speeds and patterns but no rest in between. I had weights all over. LOL. Cathe's PHA's are really good to pump up that metabolism!

Today I did Live 367 Cardio Kickboxing and Core. Very fun! I loved all the different combos and of course the core work was superb.

So does anyone have Cathe's little Yoga ball? I noticed that she uses it in a couple different workouts so far.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 12:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Whoops, I replied in the wrong thread. Brain fog!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 03:40 PM  
Malinda

Hi FitChicks!

I’m still here! I’ve been reading everyone’s posts but just can’t seem to get to posting anything myself. It’s the end of my billing year for work this week so I’m pretty busy with that.

But I’m still working out! I’m in week 3 of my H&C Chisel-only rotation. I was telling DH this morning that every muscle in my core is sore, and I haven’t done one crunch or really much of anything that would be considered traditional ab work in this rotation. Autumn sure knows how to work that core! These workouts are tough, mentally and physically. I modify some -- she does several moves in which she steps and/or jumps up on the bench, which I tried a few times and quickly realized was an accident waiting to happen, so I use my step with three risers. I could handle four risers, but I don’t have that many, so I may need to buy two more. And in the Iso workout she does three sets of 10 pull-ups with a ten-second hold in between each set -- even with my purple assist band, I can’t do that many. Chisel Balance is my nemesis workout, but I know that it is good for me. The last move in the workout, a single-leg deadlift with a row, right into a pistol squat, is darned near impossible for me to do. She does 15 reps on each side, and then does another round of that. I am lucky if I can get 6 in per side per round, and that’s with putting my foot down A LOT. At first it just made me mad that I couldn’t do it, but I finally got my head in the right place and realized that it is a sign that I really, really need to work on my balance, so I’ve been adding a few minutes of balance work before my cardio workouts -- either balancing on one leg on the floor, or on a wobble cushion. My ankles, calves, and shins are sore, which tells me that this is an important thing for me to focus on, not just for this rotation, but forever.

Kate - I’m so glad Justin is doing well with his chemo. As always, you inspire me with your dedication and positive attitude!

Linda - I am going to check out those links -- towel battle rope exercises sound intriguing!

Jules - I’m so sorry you have been sick, and that your knee is still sore. Hang in there, and swing that bell!

Kim - I hope your back and hip are getting better!

Y’all take care!
Old 10-27-21, 12:27 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Alta: Brain fog is totally allowed.

Malinda: Good workouts girl!! I also just used my step - too dangerous jumping onto a bench like that. I agree Autumn knows how to cook the core without one single crunch.
They are very challenging workouts! I also suck at pullups but I keep trying. Well done!

Well I "brought it" today!! I guess I had some energy today so did TWO Cathe Live workouts.
#362 Switch it Up Bootcamp - so much fun!! Yes a fair amount of equipment but not overdone. Plenty of time to switch up weights. Also uses band, sliders, stability ball. I think there were 4 round, each starts with cardio then the upper, lower, core work. I really liked this one!
#361 Cardio Weight Mashup. Very similar to 362 but several rounds of cardio and weights. Didn't use quite as much equipment but had kind of the same format.
Both of these workouts I went the same or slightly heavier than Cathe.

Both workouts I used 10-20lb dumbells and a medium resistance band. So the first one was 51 minutes, 2nd was 38 minutes. I skipped the cooldown on the first one but ended up with about a 90 minute workout. SO GOOD!!!! I am so energized! I love testing my stamina and endurance with long workout. And SO feeling it!

NOTE: oh my aching butt! ;-)

Take care dear girls!!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 10-28-21, 02:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello friends. Back with Les Mills Body Jam 66. This is one I bought for way too much money on eBay but fun. I still looked dorky but just wasn't up for any high impact anything.

Really having fun looking through the Cathe Live workouts and adding them into my rotation. Did you see today's workout? Mad Hatter Madness and everyone was dressed up. I'm going to do that tomorrow and add on her 320 Halloween Hocus Pocus. They look fun. No I'm not dressing up. LOL

Hope you're all well!!

Old 10-28-21, 03:00 PM  
Jules

Wow! You gals are hitting it hard! I wish I was too, but I am still recovering from my cold. I went back to work yesterday and got super light-headed during my lunch duty. I had to sit down. I think it was a combination of congestion and dehydration. I am feeling much better today, although my ears are still blocked. I am going to try to do Slow & Heavy Chest & Back this afternoon plus some core work.

Kate: Have fun with those themed workouts!

Malinda: Pistol squats are so difficult. Bravo for going out of your comfort zone!

Linda: Thanks for the link to the battle rope exercise - looks like a fab way to get rid of any anger issues, LOL!

Hi Kim!

Do you gals have any Halloween plans? We live in a remote area so we don't get any trick-or-treaters. My kids are teenagers now, so we plan to watch some scary shows/movies and eat our own candy. I bought a 5lb bag of treats from Costco. My son wants to watch Squid Game. I told him I am reading the parental guide and we will be skipping the worst scenes. A lot of his friends have already seen it. UGH. We are also going to watch The Invisible Man.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 11:50 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: No Halloween plans here either. We are also out in the country and our nearest neighbors do not have small kids. Squid Game sounds weird. I hear the new Halloween Kills movie is amazing. Best one yet I've been told.
Keep up your hydration!!!

Malinda: Pistol squats are tough! I often have to go lighter to keep good form. Well done!!

Linda, Kim et all! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

So much fun today with Cathe Live. I did yesterday's new #368 Mad Hatter Madness. What a hoot! I added on #320 Halloween Hocus Pocus. Pretty simple but so funny. I laughed and worked today.
My costume was a frustrated athlete. LOL!!

Mad Hatter was metabolic alternating cardio, upper, lower, core etc. I used a variety of weights. The pace was not too fast but lots of reps.

Hocus Pocus was all cardio and upper. Cathe and 2 crew are dressed up like the witches in the movie. What a hoot!!

So I got my Halloween and Cathe fix. HA!
Have a great weekend all!

Old 10-30-21, 07:42 AM  
Mickey12

Jules i’m So sorry you’ve been sick. That cold sounds really, really awful. Please take care of yourself. I never heard of some of those Halloween movies you mentioned. I’m not terribly into Halloween but I know some people go all out. We have a Halloween party at work. They decorate the office, everyone brings food and we have trick or treaters. It’s a fun day but it’s hard to get much work done, ha! We also live in a rural area so we have never gotten more than one set of “candy-seekers”. Most years we don’t get any. At least I get to see some at work.

Kate those Cathe live workouts sound really fun. She’s so creative and it makes me love her more with all the enthusiasm and energy she puts into her work product.

Malinda I have never been able to do a pistol squat. Big high fives to you!

Hey Linda. Well I’m pretty much back to normal exercise but I’m being very slow and cautious about increasing weights and intensity. My right leg is getting stronger so that’s good. I haven’t done any high impact yet either. As I type this we are on a long weekend trip to Disney Springs. Yesterday I logged 12,000 steps on the Fitbit and we rented bikes for an hour and the day before was 14,000 steps. No issues with my back so I’m very happy. . We’re having tons of fun enjoying nice weather, eating delicious food and shopping. Life is good!
Old 10-31-21, 03:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jules were you able to do slow and heavy? I hope so...or at least feel well enough to get some movement in. And yes, this towel swings are good stress relief! No plans here fo jack o day. Just watching football and baseball

Kim your weekend sounds fantastic! That's the purpose of fitness anyway-- to do things in life that make those kinds of physical demands. Good on you!!

Kate so good to read how you just keep on trucking!!

Malinda yikes on the description of the chisel workouts! I have never been able to do pistol squats..not even unweighted. I do this weird modification. I start in full booty to ground squat then shoot out one leg and raise up on one leg. That's as close to a pistol squat as I can go.

Alta Haha, well extra "hi!" for the fog post.

I went on a challenging 7 mile hike on Wednesday. The trees and trail were gorgeous but we didn't bring enough snacks or water. I can safely say we underestimated what this trail would be like and I was pretty exhausted because of it. Thursday was a mobility only day. Friday and Saturday was Cathe virtual road trip workouts. Today was Thriller inspired mobility/stretch workout. Pretty safe to assume I'll take a rest day tomorrow.

Happy Jack-o'-lantern Day!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 03:55 PM  
Malinda

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a nice Halloween! We never get trick-or-treaters, darn it, and we were out late Saturday, so we were asleep by 8:00 last night!

We have a group of friends - two other couples - who live within a few blocks of us. Since 2017, we have had quarterly Progressive Dinners, where we rotate Cocktails/Appetizers, Dinner, and Dessert between the couples, and walk between houses to each course. Whoever is serving Dinner calls a Theme a month or so ahead of time so everyone has time to work on their part. Saturday night’s theme was Light It Up. DH and I had cocktails and appetizers, so we served Atomic Cocktails with LED-light “ice” cubes, and DH made Saganaki (flaming cheese). It was fun!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_(cocktail)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saganaki

Workouts:

Wed - Breathless Body with DH
Th - 5 Parks Yoga
Fri - H&C Chisel Cardio
Sat - Zuzka Cardio #2
Sun - H&C Chisel Isometric
Mon - TJ Cardio Party 1

My pistol squats are very, very shallow, trust me! But I’m working on them!

Linda - I’ve read some of your posts about the Cathe virtual road trip, and it sounds like you had fun!

Kim - I’m glad you enjoyed your weekend in Florida!

Jules - Glad you’re feeling better.

Kate - Great job on the Halloween-themed workouts!