Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-09-21, 08:03 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Heat Day 29 FB Superset HIIT

I'm not speedy. I go low impact. But I get it done.
Old 10-09-21, 08:25 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
EPIC Heat Day 29 FB Superset HIIT

I'm not speedy. I go low impact. But I get it done.
Getting it done is perfect! I'm impressed! Her HIITs are so hard. Too many burpees for me but I may try this one and skip the burpees. LOL, one burpee is too many for me.

Kaleigh spin this morning followed by Epic III pyramid legs from last week again. I really like this workout. I'm looking forward to her workouts this coming week because she is training the way I prefer - breaking up chest/triceps and back/biceps.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 07:53 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Heat Day 31 Leg& Glute Complexes

I find pyramid training is really speaking to me especially since you can do a paper workout. I was looking through my workouts last night trying to find others that you could do based on the break down. Kettlebells are probably the easiest but not what I want to do full time.
Old 10-10-21, 08:27 AM  
Erica H.

Tough Kaleigh Tabata spin, Caroline's Epic Heat Opposing Upper Body, and Epic III Fast and Furious HIIT from Epic III that she posted today. I was neither fast nor furious, but it was fun. Started with burpees so I skipped over that and then modified/went slow for the rest of the workout.

Erica
Old 10-10-21, 03:18 PM  
IceQueen07

Buffmama - how are you liking Heat? I have been really bad about workouts and trying to decide if I want to do Heat, Epic III or go back and do I or II again to see gains.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 08:17 AM  
buffmama

Erica - The HIIT isn't so bad if approached with the right attitude. I'm at the point where I really don't want to feel beat up by my workouts. Just worked out.

Candice - I'm really liking Heat. 30ish minutes is great. I'm also doing pilates, yoga and meditating in the AM so a few minutes can make a difference. She seems to have made some things easier - less high impact, modifications shown. She's going heavier I think due to the shorter workouts - I'm not. Lots of circuits and complexes. I'm good with splits but don't think most of us need that much isolation work. I found EPIC II dreadful. Took me a while to get to Heat. No dread. I'm doing them continuously which tells you something - I'm not killing myself, working on form over weight. I'm also going to plug Sydney since I had no dread there. Lots of leg work but they were used daily (a la Tracie Long) so I didn't feel overwhelmed by her workouts. Her form isn't always the greatest, so don't look.
Old 10-11-21, 08:31 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and Sydney's Strong Boost Leg workout that she posted last week plus squats/lunges from a body pump workout from Michelle Briehler.

I like Sydney too and agree about her form. I feel like I get better gains from Caroline overall but Sydney does push me to go heavier on certain exercises than I do with Caroline (maybe because Caroline purposely limits how many weights she uses per workout while Sydney uses her whole rack).

Erica
Old 10-11-21, 06:48 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Erica - The HIIT isn't so bad if approached with the right attitude. I'm at the point where I really don't want to feel beat up by my workouts. Just worked out.

Candice - I'm really liking Heat. 30ish minutes is great. I'm also doing pilates, yoga and meditating in the AM so a few minutes can make a difference. She seems to have made some things easier - less high impact, modifications shown. She's going heavier I think due to the shorter workouts - I'm not. Lots of circuits and complexes. I'm good with splits but don't think most of us need that much isolation work. I found EPIC II dreadful. Took me a while to get to Heat. No dread. I'm doing them continuously which tells you something - I'm not killing myself, working on form over weight. I'm also going to plug Sydney since I had no dread there. Lots of leg work but they were used daily (a la Tracie Long) so I didn't feel overwhelmed by her workouts. Her form isn't always the greatest, so don't look.
Thanks. Sounds like Heat may be the way to go. I really enjoy the weight workouts. I also struggled towards the end of Epic II, just complete burnout. I like Heather, but I find her workouts less weights and more cardio/Hiit. But have been combining the two here and there, but need a solid rotation. I looked at Sydney a while ago, and you are right about her form, not the best. But if her workouts are good, I may have to try some.

**Candice**
Old 10-11-21, 07:06 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Thanks. Sounds like Heat may be the way to go. I really enjoy the weight workouts.
Caroline's Beastmode workouts were really good (IIRC) and a bit shorter than the Epic workouts but maybe a bit longer than Heat. It's just one week of workouts, though. I want to go back to those.

Erica
Old 10-12-21, 05:30 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Caroline's Beastmode workouts were really good (IIRC) and a bit shorter than the Epic workouts but maybe a bit longer than Heat. It's just one week of workouts, though. I want to go back to those.

Erica
Funny you should mention those. I was thinking about those and her pyramid ones also. I did them when they came out and was thinking of doing again. I liked both style of training. With doing those I can see if I make gains with repeating a couple of times.

**Candice**

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle