Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-03-21, 10:00 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug whatever it is...here come the HUGZZZ! AND yes, I meant the z because those are the hugs when you squeeZe.

Baby Watulan I haven't done those in forever but remember liking them. What about Power Half hour...do you remember those? I remember liking PHH, too. Happy to throw a few HUGZZZ your way, too!

manley 13 going on 30? Great movie!! I really want to put my hair up the way she does for that party...you know the buns with chopsticks looking thing she had going on? Can't figure it out though.

cataddict thanks for letting us know how things are. My cat's not even a loud mouth but I can sense when she's not inside the house. I said Awww when I heard you describe how you store their remains.

ChelePA that wedding sounds like a good family time. I'm happy for you that you were able to be there!!

Friday was MH60 Insane Isometrics; EBE1 Single leg burnout; MH60 c/down.

Saturday was a 6 mile hike at a trail that I plan to coordinate with some friends to revisit because I'm pretty sure there will be some beautiful leaf changing color scenery.

There was a group of elderly men on this trail who told me they'd been hiking for 40 years! One of them as I passed greeted me by saying, "Hey kid!" They each wisecracked as I met them ( one of them told me the other I would meet looked like a bulldog but was harmless ). They were a hoot. They didn't all do the entire trail so when I was eating my after hike snack I chatted with a few of them as they waited on the others who were.

In big ways, or small ways, keep moving Watulans! Waves and Hugzzz to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 09:46 AM  
Mickey12

Manley I looked quickly at those workout links. The music is FANTASTIC but I'm not sure if the dance moves are right for me - maybe a bit too dancy as I'm a certified dance klutz.

Oooh, yes, I agree whoever mentioned it, 13 Going on 30 is a great movie. It's one of my husband's favorites.

Kittybug I hope you're feeling better soon. And sending good thoughts to Kate. Don't even fret over the weight gain.

Alta I agree that no brainer workouts are definitely needed sometimes. I have the Power90 series too but I think I probably only did them once when I first acquired them. Too many workouts in my library.

ChelePA, yes, your niece's wedding day was simply spectacular. I'm glad she had beautiful weather for such a special day and that you had a good time (except for not being able to dance) I spent Saturday laying on the deck in the sun all afternoon. It was glorious. I didn't do a darn thing except laundry and I made dinner. It was just what I needed and I was soaking up all the sun I could since we won't have many more days like that in NE Pennsylvania.

Nathalie, how's the foot coming? I hope you're not having pain and able to walk better and better.

Linda your hiking encounter sounds like a hoot. I seem to have a natural good rapport with older men for some reason (my husband teases me about it). The way they interacted with you reminded me of some of my experiences.

Yesterday I did about 25 minutes of a Leslie walking workout and then 15 minutes of lower body toning that was part of the DVD. It's an older one of hers that I recently obtained and had not done yet. I did the beginning 20 minutes of cardio section earlier in the week. I'm feeling stronger but I'm definitely not pushing myself.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 10-04-21, 11:08 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! I'm sorry so many of us are having tough times -- big and small. Someone sent me an article about "pandemic languishing" and it seems to really fit what a lot of people are going through. I know that there's a lot more going on than that even for some of us. Tough times, but we are fierce. And no brainer workouts are perhaps just what the doctor orders in these times!

Chele, it sounds like the wedding was a nice success for both you and your niece. I'm so glad you were able to go and enjoy at least parts of it. It must have been hard during the dancing!!

manleym, my knee doesn't bother me much other than those downhill sections of hiking! Funny when I was younger I think I felt the downhill in my hips -- but maybe I'm remember wrong! At any rate, it hadn't been bothering me and then this morning I was doing some step ups and felt it talking a bit -- mostly a whisper but it didn't make me happy.

Linda, I loved your story of the old men hikers and it makes me want to get out there and hike more. I love it so much but I am a bit worried that I'm too old for the downhill!

Kim, you should give those manleym recommendations a whirl..... I did the MJ one this morning after S&S PHA and it was pretty fun and very easy to just do random movements when I couldn't follow her. I guess you could say I did my white girl dance while watching her choreographed dance, or you could say I improvised. She definitely uses some fun music by the looks of her thumbnails on youtube!

cataddict, I'm pretty sure I will sign up for Cathe Live. I can't remember.... does she discount it around Black Friday at all? I feel like she has some sort of sale, but maybe it's just for downloads? I think if I do it I'll just subscribe.

Speaking of subscribing.... I think I may do the Suzanne Bowen free trial for her streaming. I did the one unlocked workout yesterday and really liked it. Has anyone ever tried her streaming?

Saturday I did a 30 minute Sydney Cummings tabata and liked that. A fair bit of repetition but it was 20s at a time, so not a big deal. Yesterday was that Suzanne Bowen workout plus a long walk at the coast, and as I mentioned, today was S&S PHA plus the Aqua Jade MJ add on.

Waves to all -- hang in there, friends!! xox
Old 10-04-21, 09:29 PM  
ChelePA

Exclamation

Today 15 minute low impact cycling class on Peloton App. Of course my statistics are nowhere near the instructor’s — But slowly increasing resistance. Always do my PT exercises daily. Today I added on 10 minutes of Caroline Jordan’s chair abs. I always had such a strong core. It’s amazing how much muscle I lost in 4 months.

FOLV…love hearing about your hikes.

Kim…perfect way to spend Saturday.

Bee…that is the one PHA I donated to a Cathe fan. It was my least favorite.

On that note….let me know if any of you ladies want the extra Cathe DVDs I have. If not, I’ll offer on the general board.

Good night all
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 11:57 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Wow, it's Wednesday already!! Semi busy week but no appointments except for myself this afternoon. It's checkup time. Yay. I hate going to the doctor but I found a woman Dr. so hoping this will be ok.

Backtracking a little to last Friday. I did 21 Day Fix Extreme ABC Ex and Pilates Ex. I loved both but the Pilates is totally with bands and it burned good. I am going to put 21DF and 21DFX Pilates workouts together. I like how she blends other core/butt work with the Pilates.

This week:
Monday was Jari Love's Ripped & Jacked again. I really like that one and tried to go a tad heavier. I am still feeling it a little.
Yoga was from Eoin Finn's streaming site - Fearless Love Flow. So mellow, nice slow flow.

Tues was an older Body Attack 70. Fun stuff. I had a lot of energy and the impact was totally doable so I went for it. Ahhh legs.
Yoga was from Gaia. Troy Hadeed's Sixth Sense. He has the most delicious Hatha practices!! I love his Yoga.

Today was an older Cathe - High Step Circuit. This is supposed to be the easiest of the 3 High Step workouts. And it is, but I used more risers on my step and heavier weights. Also did not use bands when called for, I used my dumbells.
This is the first time I've ever done this and although it's great Cathe stuff, I do not care for the compound exercises.

Yoga pending. Just finishing some work.

Waves and HUGS to all. I truly appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I am trying not to sweat the weight gain and poor eating.
Take care!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 01:22 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

FoLV - I like the Power Half Hour: Arm Toner workout. I don't really like the other ones as much. If you have the PHH compilation disc, there are outtakes you can watch. The very last one is pretty funny.

Waves to Watulans!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 09:43 PM  
ChelePA

Kim… my daughter was so excited when she saw a package addressed to me. She then asks do you know who it’s from. Yes—my dear exercise friend has remembered me again. She’s like can I open it for you. Can’t tell you how excited she was when she saw peanut butter smidgens. Her absolute favorite! And mine too! They were tasted immediately and delicious as always. Dessert before dinner. Ha ha. I can’t begin to tell you how much it means to me that you continue to lift my spirits as I recover. I had a smile on my face all through therapy this evening. You definitely boosted my mood. Thank you so much!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 10:15 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Kim… my daughter was so excited when she saw a package addressed to me. She then asks do you know who it’s from. Yes—my dear exercise friend has remembered me again. She’s like can I open it for you. Can’t tell you how excited she was when she saw peanut butter smidgens. Her absolute favorite! And mine too! They were tasted immediately and delicious as always. Dessert before dinner. Ha ha. I can’t begin to tell you how much it means to me that you continue to lift my spirits as I recover. I had a smile on my face all through therapy this evening. You definitely boosted my mood. Thank you so much!
LOVE this!!! Kim is the best!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 01:36 PM  
manleym

Agree with Kittybug! Kim, and all of you, are so thoughtful and kind! I love that about our group!

Hugs and waves all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 02:01 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Yippee, the package arrived early!!! I'm glad that both you and your daughter enjoy the smidgens. That makes it more fun to send them to you!!! I figure it's easy for me to send them since I'm local to the store and there is actually a Gertrude Hawk store next to the grocery store where I go every week. ENJOY them!! I'm so happy I lifted your day a little.

Oh, and we're going on Saturday night to see the Halloween light show. Are you guys planning a trip this year?

Tags
watulan check-in