Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-22-21, 12:33 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug thanks for sharing your smoky vegetable soup recipe. That sound really, really good. I make a lot of similar "throw a bunch of veggies in a pot" things but I've never added barbeque sauce and hot sauce to them. I'm definitely going to try it.

I have just about all of Jillian's workouts and there was a time when I was doing them sort of regularly. They still never got any easier for me! Her style of workouts just kill me.

Bee I also saw that fall special on Inner Dimensions. Pinched nerve aside, I have NOT been getting my money's worth out of the subscription. Ok, it was only something like $75 for the year, so I suppose I got my money out of it, but I definitely wanted to be using it more than I have.

ChelePA I am beyond thrilled for you!!!! When I read you will be using your spin bike soon I think I gasped out loud. I am so super excited for you.

Today I went for a 20 minute walk at lunch and so far, no ill effects other than some twingy, twitchy feelings in my leg.

So good to hear from everyone. Have a great day.
Old 09-22-21, 12:37 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim, I just edited the 'recipe' because I forgot I had put beans in there too!! Oops! And I feel the exact same way you do about my ID subscription, sigh. Too many workouts, not enough time!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 06:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, kittybug, thanks for the recipe! Sounds yummy and easy.

Yep, I think I am going to pass on the ID sale, too. Sigh..... though I have to admit that I'm a little bit snobby about yoga -- I haven't found any youtubers that are only on youtube that I like much. They're ok, but I guess I want the better production quality for yoga. Funny, since often my eyes are closed!! Sometimes I baffle myself!

cataddict, how is Tank? And how are you?

I should see if I have that Killer Cardio from Jillian. I had a hard time picking cardio today. I guess I am going with your rotation idea at least for this week, sort of. That is, I realized I had done lower body, upper body, so I thought "why not?" but Friday I am going hiking with a friend, so that'll be different. At any rate, after some hemming and hawing I ended up doing RWH Plyo Hiit #2 today, and then declutter/clean max for hours after. I am beat, but I got a lot done! Feeling so happy at finally being able to see some progress!!
Old 09-22-21, 07:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans,

Update on Tank---still unsure of what's going on but have ruled out diabetes and kidney disease. Vet is leaning toward pancreatitis and prescribed an antibiotic, an appetite stimulant and an anti nausea in case he feels sick even though he hasn't been vomiting. We only started the meds yesterday so it's still way too early to tell if anything is working, but he's still not eating. He does drink water and the vet gave him fluids. I was surprised to learn that cats can go a couple of weeks without eating, although obviously they would be in bad shape. So we are hopeful but still very, very worried. The next step is an abdominal ultrasound as it could also be a diffuse intestinal cancer. We are taking it one day at a time, and it's hard. Thanks to all of you for your support, particularly when so many are facing their own challenges. It means a lot.

Workout-wise, I've done a few walks, Hair Max, and Cathe Live #67 Fit and Firm. I liked the Cathe Live. It used the band and I subbed in one of the new long bands and it worked fine except for triceps kickbacks. Cathe did both arms at the same time but I did one arm at a time using the long band.

FN1, you sound like me with your recipes! I frequently start with a recipe but change quantities and ingredients based on what I have on hand and what we like. And speaking of recipes, I made Vegetarian Moo Shu with crispy tofu. It wasn't hard, just labor intense and much juggling of different components. The recipe directions weren't very good either. There were two ingredients that were never mentioned in the instructions, so I had to wing it as far as when to add them to the pan. I think I would ditch the crispy tofu as well, since it was a PITA to mess with when there were other things that needed to be done simultaneously. Overall we liked it and I will make it again with some modifications to make it take less than an hour of non stop work.

Kim, Nathalie and Chele, good news and phenomenal progress for all of you! So happy to read good news. Chele, like Kim, I was stunned that you are bordering using the cycle. I'm sure your recovery time has seemed very slow to you sometimes, but as someone looking from the outside, WOW, you have done GREAT things!

BabyW, the three dots at the end of your comment regarding Bad Behavior during Covid pretty much says it all. What can be said about the lack of common sense?

horusosiris, I encouraged DH to try the stairclimber at the gym today after my positive experience and he liked it too so thanks for the suggestion!

Waves and {hugs}} to manley, Kate, bee and MamaVol!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 10:31 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, FN2, so hoping Tank rallies and it turns out to be a fleeting situation. The worst part is not knowing 'where it hurts' and they never answer when we ask, right? Huge hugs to you and your husband and Tank and some paw holding too.

May I please have your Moo Shu with crispy tofu recipe?? That sounds right up my alley, mods and all...I'm a big recipe modifier and find I nearly ALWAYS have to modify to suit my own needs, hmph!

Speaking of our feline friends, sigh, our Lux has gotten his yearly to twice yearly bad nasty cold and had to see the vet today but they're still doing a drop-off situation due to COVID. That cat does NOT do well without his mom and dad at the vet with him, and being left for hours at the vet in the carrier he hates? Well, he's totally traumatized. But hey, he has his antibiotics and should be on the mend soon, crossing fingers and paws.

I'm wondering where my magic wand is so I can wave it and make everyone's problems go away.....

Old 09-23-21, 06:30 AM  
ChelePA

Just wanted to thank everyone for the positive words of encouragement. The timeframe is very overwhelming to me. So I realize I can’t think about the future and just go day by day. I was able to get on my bike yesterday for 10 minutes with resistance between 1-4. It’s quite a project getting to the bike since it’s in the basement. Scooting up and down the stairs on my butt. Then getting on and off is also quite difficult since I can’t really put weight on my foot. Too much pain right now, which is so frustrating but the doctor and therapist think it’s probably a tendinitis from non-use and no strength in my ankle area. Lucky for my husband. I just have to celebrate the very small victories.

Cataddict. Hoping your little Tank starts to turn the corner soon. Hugs.

Kittybug. I know exactly what you mean about stress and having to hand off your per to the vet. Same thing here. Hoping your kitty also starts to feel better soon.

Kim. Sounds like you are doing better. Great news! No walking today. But I’m sure you’ll enjoy the weekend weather :-)

Bee. We are having some fall weather but the crazy rain continues in Pennsylvania. Looks like the weekend will be nice. Thank goodness because my daughter is going on another college tour. It’s hard missing out on these special occasions with her. She has officially applied to six schools. So we’ll probably hear back within the next few months. Usually by November or December they said. Fingers crossed she gets some good merit aid. It’s crazy how expensive colleges are these days. I don’t know how you do it with two attending at the same time. How are your boys doing?

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 09:55 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

ChelePA, ten minutes on the bike is AMAZING and worthy of many bells (where is FOLV?). I'm so glad you have the bike, what a perfect tool in your recovery process! Oh, and the husband too.

I was going to do an Inner Dimension practice yesterday until I saw Travis had uploaded a bunch of new stuff to his YouTube channel. I did a practice called "Living with Purpose" which is actually from the online teacher training they're offering on ID and was awesome! But he lists it as 75 minutes and it was really more like 90 minutes. Oh well. I loved it...reminded me of one of the practices in his digital retreat practices filmed years ago at Bryan Kest's.

Happy Thursday, all!!

Old 09-23-21, 11:14 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey Watulans, just me again!!

Any of you Cathe Live subscribers do her Boss Bands and Loops Metabolic Live? I need a report!! Looks really good!

Okay, that's all I got...thanks!!

Old 09-23-21, 11:44 AM  
Mickey12

Just popping in to say Kittybug when I read your soup recipe I said to myself, "I would add some beans to this". Hahaha that you came back to edit he recipe to include the beans!!!
Old 09-23-21, 11:50 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for the positive words of encouragement. The timeframe is very overwhelming to me. So I realize I can’t think about the future and just go day by day. I was able to get on my bike yesterday for 10 minutes with resistance between 1-4. It’s quite a project getting to the bike since it’s in the basement. Scooting up and down the stairs on my butt. Then getting on and off is also quite difficult since I can’t really put weight on my foot. Too much pain right now, which is so frustrating but the doctor and therapist think it’s probably a tendinitis from non-use and no strength in my ankle area. Lucky for my husband. I just have to celebrate the very small victories.

Cataddict. Hoping your little Tank starts to turn the corner soon. Hugs.

Kittybug. I know exactly what you mean about stress and having to hand off your per to the vet. Same thing here. Hoping your kitty also starts to feel better soon.

Kim. Sounds like you are doing better. Great news! No walking today. But I’m sure you’ll enjoy the weekend weather :-)

Bee. We are having some fall weather but the crazy rain continues in Pennsylvania. Looks like the weekend will be nice. Thank goodness because my daughter is going on another college tour. It’s hard missing out on these special occasions with her. She has officially applied to six schools. So we’ll probably hear back within the next few months. Usually by November or December they said. Fingers crossed she gets some good merit aid. It’s crazy how expensive colleges are these days. I don’t know how you do it with two attending at the same time. How are your boys doing?

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
ChelePA I just had to smile when I read your description of scooting up and down the stairs on your butt. You're so cute! But, I am very sorry that you're still having a lot of pain. Gotta give you huge props for finding a way though.

Tags
watulan check-in