Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-21, 04:40 AM  
Margot

Good morning all!

Yesterday evening I did Beth's 'Come On, Get Strappy'. I go back to this one time and time again. Thank you Beth.

This morning:
- Never Stop Dancing I love Virginia's routines and choreography. They're always so much fun and never fail to raise my spirits. Her first class is free if anyone fancies a bit of bopping!
- Karin Slings Vol 2 Inside and Out, working the deep front line and arm extensions

Pat - It's quite amazing that a peach/apricot tree would take root on a beach. Thanks for sharing the pic. It'd be fun to pick one and cut it open to see if that gives you more clues. Are the birds eating the fruit?

Pam - I l think it's great your son has a penchant for quirky socks. He sounds like he has a sense of fun. I can't make myself do 'Senior' classes either. The BF Blossom & Glow class sounds just up my street; only 20 minutes long and nice and mellow. I wasn't going to look at her sale but maybe I'll just take a quick peek.

Sandra - It's good you're feeling well enough to go back to work. I don't think you'll ever hear the words 'looking forward to cooler weather' over here in the UK. We're all excited because we have a few days of warmer coming up and we may even reach 80 degrees! Wow! Apart from one hot week, we've had a pretty dreary summer.

Paine - I'm not surprised none of your kids wanted to go back to school after summer vacation. Who would want to, with all that lovely sunshine in California? It would have been nice growing up in the US. We only got 6 weeks of vacation during the Summer.

Thanks Beth. My program consists of Sandra Hanna's Callanetics, which she has improved imo to include Somatics (Thomas Hanna's method). We always start the class with a couple of somatic exercises to free up the trunk of the body, to allow greater extension from head to foot. She also trained in Katy Bowman's techniques, so there are a lot of cues in postural alignment. She also adds in pelvic floor work (not kegels) but pelvic rotations; moving the sitz bones towards each other and turbo bridges. I've also found Yamuna ball rolling has helped a lot in relieving pain and stiffness. Oh and I also try to get in about 3 sessions of Karin's Slings work. She focuses on the fascia lines of the body and is also very much into anatomy. Essentrics just complements everything else I'm doing, so I try to get in some of their classes too. There are so many great remedial methods out there. Sandra's work just seems to be the magic pill for my wonky body, with its history of abdominal scarring and shoulder dislocations!

Good luck with your class today. That's a lot of students. Are you still teaching outside?

Waves to all!
Hope this is the start of a great weekend.