Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-21, 02:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh my gosh, Chele!!! That is a crazy story about the bathroom. And kind of awful under the circumstances! But perhaps crazier is that you did all of that X10 in one go! I remember that is your tradition, now that you mention it, but no, I have never tried it. At any rate:

Happy Birthday!!!!

I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing as well as can be expected. Sounds like a rough recovery, but I know you will keep her in smoothies and milkshakes! Just make sure you get some rest. I guess this is not exactly the birthday you had envisioned.

And my quick check in is that I did end up doing Hamelin's CarioToneG, sort of on a whim. I went looking for it and realized it's on vimeo (password protected), so I didn't have to find the external drive. After I did it I saw a bunch of Hamelin's I have and..... I may just tackle more of those for a change of pace.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Linda, I hear your cowbell!!!
Old 03-03-21, 02:40 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Wow, ChelePA!!! First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! AND doing X77 after everything you've had going on? Seriously??? Where is FOLV, did she really leave the house, because I think this calls for a huge cowbell celebration with extra bells for a successful surgery for your daughter and the breaking down of the door from your husband! I think YOU deserve ice cream to your heart's content now. Hugs to you!!!
Thank goodness my husband traveled with me and stayed in the car with Winston. He wasn’t allowed on the surgical floor. It was freezing cold but they enjoyed the park in New York City. I don’t know what I would’ve done if he wasn’t there.

Thanks for boosting my ego . Ice cream tonight to celebrate!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 03:28 PM  
manleym

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELEPA!! CELEBRATING YOU TODAY!!!

Congrats on finishing that CRAZY HARD X77! I've NEVER touched that one! You are AMAZING getting through all of that, especially from all you've just been through! YAY YOU!!

I'm so glad ya'll are through the surgery. I know it was so stressful! That would be a HILARIOUS story under different circumstances. Hopefully one day ya'll be able to look back at it and laugh. But if not, it is at least a memory.

Enjoy your day and eat ALL the SUGAR you want!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 03:42 PM  
Mickey12

OMG, I'm echoing all the birthday congratulations and high fives and cheers of happiness and relief to ChelePA!!!

You've got an amazing attitude and that surely goes a long way in making a difficult and stressful situation bearable. I know you will laugh about the locked bathroom door one day.

I can't believe you tackled X77. You're quite something, Miss ChelePA! Love you!!!
Old 03-03-21, 04:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

ChelePA
Rah rah to your husband for the Bathroom door takedown!!

Burpee jumps for you on your birthday and for working out so hard regardless!!

Crystal bell tinkling for your daughter handling surgery and bathroom prison calmly!!

Thanks for updating us!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 04:07 PM  
lavna

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELE!!!

Congratulations on achieving X77! Wow!

I'm happy for you that everything went well, except for the bathroom situation.

I agree with KB that you deserve ice cream too!

Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:13 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

ChelePA: HUGE HUGS to you and your family and a great Happy Birthday as well. It's lovely that we're all here for each other. I love this group. It boosted my spirits just reading all the replies.
Your husband rocks.
I really have to revisit those X10 workouts. I'm feeling braver every day about Cathe's choreography.

One thing I love about living rural...if I REALLY have to go pee, I can just pull off onto a dirt road and go. Sorry TMI.

YAY for Linda and her cowbells. I LOVE that silly SNL routine!

Oh my aching butt. So I always get some soreness from BJ's workouts. Must just be from the repetition. Each set is 30 seconds but you are asked to do at least 10 reps of whatever exercise. Sets repeated 3 times then the Metaset (quick cardio burst).
I could absolutely feel my legs last night but felt only mildly sore this morning.

So I tackled Imax3 again. So glad I did as I just about nailed everything. Still flubbed a couple moves but I'm getting better. But my butt! I have a stand up desk that I work from and even standing is sore. But I'm proud of myself for trying this one again.
Note: a couple times I kept the blasts a little lower impact. I probably wouldn't be able to walk up my stairs if I did. Heehee.

So some Yin this afternoon for my Yoga.

How can it already be Thursday?

You all may be fierce, but you have such kind hearts!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

Chele, how's your daughter feeling? And is the family getting some rest?

Kate, good work on Imax 3! You make me want to try it again but I do remember it being tricky. I've not done any BJ workouts but it seems like you are having a great time with them!

I did hit a Hamelin strength workout this morning.... DMW (deep muscle work, I think it stands for) #3. I like this one because it's easy to see him -- some of his workouts are so dark! And he alternated between upper and lower and then did core at the end. Pretty well rounded. I was using 2 pound weights and even had to put those down! It's so crazy how some movements are so hard! I think I'm going to be sore from this because I haven't worked out this way in a long time.

Any picks for Fun Friday? I don't recall that any have been mentioned.
Old 03-04-21, 02:14 PM  
horusosiris

Didn't I just say that I would not be acquiring any new programs or DVDs? Now I want Jessica's new Lift and Shift program. Anyway, as a VF member I always have the prerogative to change my mind.

Chel- I am so glad that everything turned out well for you family. Your bathroom story was funny, but perhaps not that funny under the circumstances . How is she doing today? Happy belated birthday!

Bee- Cardio Tone G is among my most used HDM workouts.The DMW courses all good. The #3 workout you did is from what course? I did his new Boot Camp 2020 Inch Loss Classic today and enjoyed it. I love Hamelin and his demeanor but take periodic rest from him. Let's plan to do an HDM workout on the same day (maybe next week fun Friday?).

Kate- You have mastered IMAX 3! You are indeed a warrior!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 03:46 PM  
manleym

Hi Everyone! Hope you are having a good Thursday! Hard to believe we are already at the end of the week - not complaining, I'm always glad when it's the end of the week! Time's just gotten away, as usual.

ChelePA hope you and your daughter are getting some rest. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

KateTT thanks for the feedback and heads up (BJ's humor) about MetaShred Extreme. I'm glad you're enjoying, and FEELING, the workouts! That's always a bonus! I agree that Katami 4x4 can get boring. That's why I would never do them exclusively. I think they work great for when you need a good, solid metabolic workout, mixing them in here and there. I do wish the music was better though. I think it would help. And sometimes I change up the move a bit to make it more interesting. Might try playing my own next time. And yay you for conquering IMax 3!! That is AWESOME! That's one, tough, workout!

And yes, what's on tap for tomorrow's Fun Friday? Dvd? Youtube workout? I'm open to suggestions.

I don't have any Hamelin workouts so I won't be able to join Bee and Horusosiris if they do one for Fun Friday, but I can do something else.

Here are my workouts thus far:

***Metabolic Monday - Katami 4x4 I Am Athlete 1. This is one of my favorites because I really like-kickbox/boxing moves for cardio. I really liked this workout the first time I did them and still do. I would pull it out and do it for a good metabolic workout. I finished with Michelle D One-on-One Mobility since there's no stretch.
***Two Fer Tuesday - I started with Anna's 30 Min Intense Leg Day Workout - With Resistance Bands, No Repeat - (Hiit It Harder Day 2). She didn't use any weights in this workout, just the band and bodyweight. She had her band above her knees and I started with mine there, but wasn't feeling the burn as much as I wanted, so for some moves I moved the band down to around my ankles. And it could be that I need a new band. Seems like there was some barre/toning moves, and just a sprinkle of cardio. I liked this workout for when I want something different than weights. I followed it with Heather's Intense Full Body Strength Workout and really liked this one! She does a move 4 times, 30 seconds per round. At first I thought I would get bored of doing the same exercise for 4 rounds, but I found that I was adjusting the weights for each round. So round 1 I went light. Round 2 heavy. Round 3 light. Round 4 heavy. There's about a 5 second rest between rounds to grab different weights, if wanted. Each workout was about 30 minutes, so they are great add-ons. Finished it with some Five Parks Yoga. Love her practices!
***Kickbox (but not really) Wednesday - Katami 4x4 I Am Athlete 2. Not my favorite. Wasn't the first time either. This is not one I would return to on it's own. Maybe it's the lack of good music? It was a good workout, but just not one I'm wanting to do again. I finished with Double Down cool down/stretch. Thought that was appropriate since it was Paul. I also did 60 min. Power Yoga "Classic" with Travis Eliot. Just a good all around practice.
***Today is Cathe Live Thursday. Looks like Cardio Kickbox Mashup. Hoping it's fun.

Waves and hugs everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in