Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-26-21, 09:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

How bout them Cowboys?? Big game tomorrow! I plan to watch Eli/Peyton... been enjoying (and preferring) their commentary.

kittybug I believe your experience in improvement using Barre makes sense. I have that with pilates.

Wonder Watulan 15 minutes is stupendous! And Wonder Woman uses vehicles to get to places quickly ...why wouldn't Wonder Watulan? So get your scooting on and get to the church on time

Started EBE1 combined with MH60 this week. They pair well especially since MH60 has nice mobility styled warmups and cooldowns. I started off with MH60 Crush and Burn Complexes, did EBE1 Booty blast and finished up with MH60's cooldown. Then the next few weeks, I will be doing EBE1 with kettlebell workouts and alternating Cathe for upper body.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 11:49 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello dear friends. I am still here, still exercising, still dealing the with Big C and Justin. Chemo #3 tomorrow.

I've been working thru Autumn Calabrese's 21 Day Fix and Fix Extreme. Last week I did my own rotation and paired two of the 30 minute Fix workouts and found I really liked them. Not killer hard but can always make it more challenging with heavier weights.
I paired Upper and Lower, the cardio workouts, etc. I found Barre Legs and Pilates Fix to be really good and I felt my inner thighs and quads more than usual.

Still fitting in Yoga in the afternoons. Just a mix of through all my streaming services.

This week 21 Day Fix Extreme.
Yesterday I did Upper Fix Ext + Lower Fix Ext + 10 Min core. All three were very good and definitely more challenging than the regular Fix. The 10 minute core add on was excellent! I really liked Autumn in 80 Day Obsession. Although not quite as fun as 80DO, still very good.

Today I did Plyo Fix Ext + Cardio Fix Extreme. Actually did Cardio fix first (good warmup??) and then the Plyo. Both cardio workouts use light to medium weights. I started using 5s but then just did the rest of the workouts with nothing. I think the weights just give it a little extra "oomph" but I just pushed the cardio factor. Both very good workout!

I hope you all are well. Hanging in there and I SOOOOOO appreciate all your wonderful messages! You guys are the BEST! Thank you so much.

And don't forget - Fierce is good.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 12:39 PM  
ChelePA

Kate. Every time I see you post I am amazed because of what you have going on in your life. As always sending so much love and prayers.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 12:41 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Kate. Every time I see you post I am amazed because of what you have going on in your life. As always sending so much love and prayers.
Right back at you dear girl! I send you tons of healing energy. Don't give up. YOU GOT THIS!!! Just be patient. And thank you so much!
ETA: I NEED to check in and hear from my friends. I love reading about your workouts and I do appreciate all the kind words. Must stay focused!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 05:02 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

Kate, I hope all goes well with this round of chemo for Justin.

Chele, what kittybug said about the scooter! I hope you're able to go and have a good time, and yes, I would also wear a mask -- for me that might be harder than using the scooter -- sometimes I have trouble with the no mask peer pressure. If I start out wearing it, I find it a lot easier to leave it on -- I'm not saying this is you, but I completely understand why you wouldn't want to jeopardize your PT! And way to go on the 15 minutes! You've probably surpassed that by now.

cataddict, I've been thinking about you guys. How are you doing?

Linda, that seems like a cool combo for workouts. Hope the game was a good one!

kittybug, you make me want to add in barre workouts!

horusosiris, I also enjoy the stories of your big family events. Keep them coming!!

lavna, on netflix there is a show called "Somebody Feed Phil" -- the guy from Everyone Loves Raymond (which I never watched) goes to different cities and eats a lot of food. I sometimes watch it when I can't sleep. At any rate, the last one I watched he was in Montreal and I really want to go there now! I always did, but now it's more urgent.

Yesterday I went on actual hike and I hate to say it, but for the first time I really felt my knee on the downhill. I'm wondering if all the gluten I've been eating lately has inflamed my joints (because I've felt it in my hands, too). It was definitely more one knee than the other though, so that doesn't really fit. I'm hoping I tweaked it on the last Caroline workout I did and that it gets better. Wondering if kittybug's barre theory would work for me, too. And thinking about doing obvious knee strengthening stuff.

Today I did Perfect Pump, the total body premix. What a great workout. I love how straightforward it is.

Do you guys remember that there was a little sort of flyer for Cathe Live subscriptions tucked in with the band workouts package? I left it near the door of my workout room and I am getting closer and closer to checking it out.

Waves to Baby, manleym, and Kim.
Old 09-29-21, 12:00 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA whatever school your daughter chooses, at least she will not be too far from home. That's good in case she gets homesick. My friend's daughter is a freshman in college in Tennessee and she is miserable. She agreed to wait until the end of the semester to transfer, but is really wishing she listened to her mother and chose a school closer to home.

I agree with Bee about the mask peer pressure issue, although you may not feel that way. Anyway, I hope you have a great time at the wedding and are able to get around enough by whatever means you decide to feel comfortable and relaxed.

Bee I can't believe you never watched "Everybody Loves Raymond". It's one of my favorite shows! The reruns play on TVLand and I watch them almost every night.

Yesterday I did my PT exercises while I played Amy Bento's Abs and Stretch DVD. I bought this one at Mary's sale quite a while ago and had not yet done it. Linda I recall you were teasing me about buying an abs DVD when I hate to work abs. I did some of the exercises along with Amy and did some PT stuff during other exercises she did. I also modified the stretching portions somewhat. I liked the second abs workout and the second stretch workout better than the first ones. First abs section was standing work with a dumbbell and then crunch variations. The second abs section was plank variations and stability ball work. I was thinking of you, Linda! My goal is to get through an entire 15 minute ab session.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-29-21, 06:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey Kim, I just looked up when ELR was on.... 1996-2005. I think the reason I missed it is that the mid- to late- 90's I was very busy with work and then had first kid in 1999 and there was pretty much no TV after that.

I am so sore in my upper back from Perfect Pump yesterday -- yowsa. I think I am going to try to figure out a barre workout to do tomorrow. Today I did another walk with my friend. Lately a lot of my "cardio" is walks with friends. While it is a great way to combine movement with socializing, it's not very cardio intense. I probably need to figure out how to work that in -- at least one day a week some hiit workout or whatever.

Waves to all......
Old 09-29-21, 07:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee I love ELR...You must watch. The MIL not warming up to his wife is a pretty good reenactment of my life. It was nice to laugh at a funny version of what I lived.

Kim ok that workout sounds fun! And good for you digging deep and doing the work you need. Sounds like 15 GADANKS are needed for you lil lady!

Kate how many more treatments? You're so tough! Sending you lots of healing energy! Also I really enjoyed 21DF pilates fix and the upper/lower stuff on the 1st disk. The cardio and stuff in the 2nd disk was meh to me. But I do plan to try the 21DFE because Autumn was fine to me in the regular set. I look forward to reading your thoughts as you go through them.

Today was MH60 50/10 Mayhem and EBE1 Booty and Core. ( and thoroughly enjoyed that combo. )

Keep up the good work Watulans!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-21, 11:44 AM  
Mickey12

Linda I also found some similarities between Marie and Deborah in Everybody Loves Raymond. My MIL was a very good cook and I could never make anything taste like she could. There was an episode where Marie gave Deborah a bottle of spice for a certain dish and Deborah discovered that Marie had covered up the label of the spice bottle with something else so Deborah was using a wrong, very wrong, spice in the meal. It was so hysterical and I secretly thought that would be something my MIL would do. Don't get me wrong, there was no animosity or angst with my MIL but we were never particularly close companions.

Oh, and speaking of recipes, Kittybug I made the smoky vegetable soup and it was a huge hit! I don't measure the ingredients and I added gnocchi which gave it a little more substance. I like to make a huge pot of soup and have it for two meals. We're eating it again tonight.
Old 09-30-21, 12:37 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim, I'm SO glad you liked the soup!! I too make big batches and we have several meals from one pot. Oh, but my husband made an incredible Colorado green chili yesterday and I'm wishing he had made more than he did, hah!! I'll have to write down exactly what he did and share when I get a chance.

Huge hugs to Kate and Justin, Cataddict/FN2, ChelePA, BabyW, and everyone else who needs one right now!! Waves all the way around! Just wanted to pop in here but gotta run...will post more later! Stay fierce, y'all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in