Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-05-21, 04:54 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

Baby, sending more hugs your way. It sounds like you've been through a bunch of trials of bifocal glasses? That one sounds the most appealing to me since it doesn't involve surgery, but from the way you mention it, it sounds like that's been done pretty exhaustively.

Oh..... and on the sleep apnea -- if there is any doubt, please do get evaluated. Not to be dramatic and scary, but I have known a couple of people who died in their sleep with undiagnosed apnea problems. I was also going to mention that there have been recalls on some of the CPAP machines, cataddict, but it sounds like your hubby has a newer one, so hopefully he's good. My friend has one and they never even told her about the recall!! She's pretty miffed about that (rightly so).

kittybug, kudos to you on ATM -- all the way through!!! Wow! That's fierce, for sure. I don't know that I've ever done it all in one "sitting" (ha!). It is funny that you reached for that because I had wanted to do Tonique Premiere (the first one) recently, but I didn't have it in the workout room and was too lazy to go looking in other places for it. For a lot of her stuff she seems to do it in a way where she's on one leg for so long that I split the reps in half and do the other leg so basically cut the workout in half. That's my memory, anyway -- it's been a long time since I've done any Tonique!!

Linda, your hiking trip must be coming up rapidly! Remind me again when it is -- I'll be thinking about you. I'm amazed you scheduled it so close to your daughter going off to school but great that she was able to delay. Will she be somewhat close so that you might be able to visit or have her come home once in a while? I don't think my boys will be home for Thanksgiving -- that is going to be very strange! I'm already starting to go through some "stuff" -- feeling like I've lost myself and need to figure out who I am now. I guess it's all becoming more real to me finally (now that I'm in a panic about trying to find Twin XL sheets/matress pads, etc. ).

Yesterday I did Shape It Up (my favorite SS), today I did a Growingannanas (?) hiit workout. I did not manage to get 20 instructors visited in 20 days, but pretty darn close. It did get me doing some things I haven't done in quite a while, so that's fun. That reminds me.... Kim, your mention of KCM.... I haven't been able to stomach doing one of her workouts since there was a thread about her getting political, but.... I was thinking recently about pulling out her TLC workout (my favorite of hers) again finally. I may do that in a day or two.

Waves to all! Happy Almost Friday......
Old 08-05-21, 06:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim, Bee, and FN2, I really appreciate you cheering me on and making me feel better about my pathetic ATM attempt, hah hah!!!

Today was Dental Max and I also turned it into Chore Max to save myself some time tomorrow. Plus I really needed a day off from working out.

BabyW, I want to throw this out there, there are options besides CPAP if hubby just. will. not. consider. that. My husband used to snore something fierce but like many husbands here, he could not or would not commit to a sleep study. He happened to casually mention it to the dentist who fitted him with an appliance that's a lot like a night guard and neither one of us can believe the difference. We both know when he forgets to put it in...he wakes up with a sore throat and I spend all night pushing him to roll over or wake the heck up and put it in. But it's made a huge difference and it works, so something to consider, just FYI.

Waves and hugs to all...gotta run, again....

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 07:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

FN1, DH did try the dental appliance and he crabbed that he couldn't get used to it. We were really hoping that was a good option for him and it is definitely worth looking into. From what you said about the workouts you've been doing, you deserve a rest day!

bee, DH's CPAP machine is part of the recall. We found out about it accidentally as well. It's still up in the air what the manufacturer is going to do about it. Oh, and my 20 in 20 rotation isn't going to be 20 days as I am taking rest days and on those days I walk. And I still can not stomach KCM for the reason you mentioned, so she will not be a part of my rotation. I don't see that I will have an issue finding 20 different instructors to do.

And speaking of the 20 in 20, today I did a lower body workout followed by a "low impact" cardio with Heather Robertson. I put low impact in quotations since I upped the intensity. The movements just didn't look like they would get my heartrate up enough to call it cardio. I liked both workouts, and I realized that I don't think I could do a rotation of hers (or several of the other You Tube peeps) because I would get tired of the music style. Anyway I'm happy to do their workouts on an intermittent basis. I'll probably do some Growingannanas as one of my 20 but I will space it out from Heather since they use similar music.

Waves and hugs to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 07:37 PM  
Mickey12

Alta I hope the new lense prescription will help you. I agree that it’s probably the best way to approach the problem. Good luck.

Tonight I did JNL Fusion Shoulder Shredder. It also had triceps work at the end. I had a walk at lunch too since it was another great weather day. I have put on a couple pounds over the past few months and I’m not happy about it. I have a checkup in September and I hope to lose what I gained before then. I am a terrible dieter.

I love reading all the posts. Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 08-06-21, 10:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

cataddict, bee and kittybug - I know that sleep apnea is dangerous. But, after ten years of asking DH to get evaluated and being derided for nagging, he is on his own. Every adult makes choices and some of them are bad. {more rolleyes}

On a brighter note, my boys were funny yesterday. They fell asleep holding hands.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 03:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug couple of GADANKS! for you on the ATM marathon!

horusosiris Years ago I had Femme fatale tried a few minutes and SASE it. I have since reacquired it due to Mary and her abominable sales. It taunts me in my untried pile...

lavna two crystal bell rings for you and your ankles every day

ChelePA your 15 windchimes makes the squirrels mad..haha

BabyW love Mr. Rolleyes!! And ohhh the boys... totally feeling "Wonder Twins power activate!!" I didn't like hearing your eye update but praying for the lens solution!!

bee my hike is next Saturday! My niece asked me if I was scared and I told her YES but I'm doing it anyway. I told her sometimes you gotta just squeeze the ever living stuffing out of fear and do it!!

kim don't sweat the weight just keep moving! You can always do like I did once at the doctor's office. They tried to weigh me and I told the nurse, " No you're not weighing me and announcing my weight out here in the hall. "(Literally it's a sub waiting area where everyone hears!! ) "I've gained ...let's move on!" (Haha ..I blame hormones! But at least I didn't curse, heh!)

cataddict I am thinking I will do a supermodel rotation at some point. I noticed I have several that could be put together for a week or two of fun with Elle, Allie, Kathy Ireland, Cindy Crawford and someone else I'm forgetting. I think trying to do 20 different would be too hard for me to make happen in a month.

manley and kate keep kicking it, fitness goddesses!

I have had some great workouts lately! Yesterday was kettlebells (ab focused) then CS #418 abdominals. Today was a full body strength day using Caroline Sandry Yoga pilates lower body; 21 DF upper. Enjoyed them all and went well together.

Happy Friday!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 04:24 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

BabyW, I'm sure you've done what you can to try to convince your stubborn DH to get checked out. I sometimes think the Y chromosome really means You aren't gonna make me do anything I don't wanna do! You are right, bottom line is it's up to him to decide to do it. And I LOVE the picture of the boys! How cute!!

FOLV, I'm getting virtually excited for your upcoming hike!

Today I plan to do what I "think" is Kat's most recently uploaded step workout. I haven't decided if I will do it with an actual step or not since my right knee is acting up. We had a boatload of rain for several days in a row and the humidity seems to bother it more since the leg inflammation incident. Chele, I read your post in the thread in GD and "stepless step" might be a good option for you once you get to that point. I know that it's been a good substitute for me and I think FN1 felt the same way. It's not the same, obviously, but for me at least it's better than giving up an instructor who I enjoy.

More later! DH now gets home earlier (yay!) and I am still trying to get my usual things done before he arrives. Guess a tiny part of me still thinks I should greet him with an appropriate dress and pearls like in Leave it To Beaver. Hah! As if!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 05:21 PM  
Mickey12

Hey all you Watulans!

Alta thank you for posting such a cute photo of your cats. I am totally, thoroughly, wholeheartedly addicted to cats.

Linda you're totally gonna ROCK the hike this weekend. I can't wait to hear all about it when you're done. And I really admire you for doing something you fear; it takes a lot of courage. I wish I was more like that.

In honor of ChelePA I wanted something fun for Fun Friday so I opted for CIA 2701, Gay Gasper All Out Infused Step. Really, really fun choreography and moderate step work. Good stuff!

I'm curious about some of your comments about finding it hard to do 20 different instructor workouts in 20 days. Can you tell me why? Surely it can't be because you don't own that many workouts. Is it because you really only like a few instructors? Is it because it won't fit into your current rotation? I can pick at least 4 shelves of my many, many shelves of DVDs and come up with 20 different instructors on each of those shelves.

I had to get an inspection and oil change on my vehicle today after work so I walked to the farmers market while it was being serviced. I got beans, zucchini, beets, tomatoes and multigrain scones. Yum!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-06-21, 06:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!!!

Oh, Baby, I love that photo -- so adorable and sweet. And, I know..... I cannot talk my husband into doing anything he doesn't want to do, either. I get it.

cataddict and Chele, I agree about stepless step -- I do it sometimes when I'm low energy or whatever -- it makes for a fun workout in a different way.

Oh, Linda, good for you for doing it anyway! I'll also be anxious to hear about it -- sounds like it's a week from tomorrow, right? I have realized that right in my own "backyard" of the SF bay area, there are 400+ miles of hiking trails that circumnavigate the bay. I have done some portion of them (probably multiple times), but realized that my empty nest project might be to do them all. Easier than flying to Spain or even Ohio for the canal walk (which sounds so cool!). Some of the hikes you need a shuttle car -- I'm not sure how I'll deal with that. I'm guessing I'll be doing a fair bit of it on my own, but we'll see. I was thinking that I'd need to upgrade my All Trails app to the pro version and this morning I had mail from them announcing a sale. It's meant to be!

Supermodel rotation!!! I love the ideas VFers come up with!!

Kim, I don't think there's any fear that anyone in this group has any less than 20 instructors. For me it was more about having a couple of days I walked with friends, and I may have even had a rest day in there. Maybe it should be 20 instructors for 20 workouts, so there's not a tight time constraint.

I had to be off early this morning for errands and HairMax (which these days is HairMin because I am not coloring -- it's an experiment). I walked a lot with my errands and then waiting for my hair appointment.

One of my dogs just brought me one of the chicken eggs in her mouth. She has been sneaking into the coop once we let them out for their few hour freedom and gets eggs. She moves them and creates a little egg hunt for us. It was very cute today when she came in with it still in her mouth and I held out my hands so she wouldn't drop it on the pavement.

Hey I just remembered that I think manleym had asked me how the fishing was that day my husband went out (which was last Friday, I'm pretty sure) and I forgot to answer. There were three guys on the boat and they caught 25 fish! They were pretty happy. Most of those fish drove away from our house, but that's fine -- we have plenty in the freezer (sorry, vegetarians!!).

Happy, healing weekend to all!!
Old 08-06-21, 06:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim I can't speak for anyone else but I really strive to have as much variety as possible of trainer styles to avoid overuse injuries. Just this calendar year so far I average 10 trainers a month. So trying to get 20 in a month would be too hard for me to make work and still do all the kinds of exercise with the frequency I need. I have used 35 different trainers this calendar year so far.

I definitely have no shortage of trainers.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in