Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-03-21, 10:19 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey kids...a bit MIA again. And unfortunately, more bad news. My stepkids' Mom just died from cancer on Tues. She was only 56 and had horrible lung and bone cancer. Sounds like she did not pass peacefully either.
I actually got along with her pretty well despite her being the "ex". Hope she is at peace.

Workouts...yup. Still going. I didn't do anything on Memorial Day as I did a bunch of work in the yard. And slept in a little...for me.

Tues: Body Attack 65. Always good. Dated but lots of high energy.
Yoga was ID Byron How Flow Can You Go. Short but sweet.

Wed: Skogg at Home 2 Strength 1 + 2. These are getting harder, especially if you lift heavy.
Found some good YouTube Yoga from Baron Baptiste so did Unlocking Athletic Power. This week seems to be shorter practices due to all the "stuff" going on.

Today I did Body Combat #51. Weeee. Always so much fun and I'm feeling my shoulders and lats.

Waves to all...now going back to read posts. Be well!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 10:30 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Quick update on Michele:

Third surgery for Michele today. The most difficult one so far. Bones from previous surgery needed to be realigned since doctor didn’t like the bend in the knee. Lots of pain unfortunately that will only decrease with time. Next surgery needs to be done on stomach so she needs the all clear from the spinal surgeon regarding the c7 fractures. Hopefully this will be the last one to repair her right leg. Continued thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.
Oh my goodness, thank you for the update though I wish she wasn't in so much pain. It hurts me to think of her hurting. Hugs and prayers to Michele and to you too, Mr. ChelePA!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 10:46 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Quick update on Michele:

Third surgery for Michele today. The most difficult one so far. Bones from previous surgery needed to be realigned since doctor didn’t like the bend in the knee. Lots of pain unfortunately that will only decrease with time. Next surgery needs to be done on stomach so she needs the all clear from the spinal surgeon regarding the c7 fractures. Hopefully this will be the last one to repair her right leg. Continued thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for the update Mr. ChelePA. My heart just aches for our friend and hate that she's going through this. Hugs and prayers with all of you!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 10:53 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh dear Chele!!! That's so scary. Please Mr ChelePA, tell her KateTT says she is FIERCE and can absolutely get through this!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 11:29 AM  
manleym

Kittybug, PO tiled the dishwasher IN?!? Who does that?!? Apparently more people than I thought since Kim had a similar experience. Ugh! What a nightmare! But so glad the installer did a great job and no tile had to be torn out. And yay for Mr. Kittybug's progress! Hope the rest goes smoothly and quickly so you can get this behind you. And hope you and Bee get some good rest and feel 100% again very soon. Sleep affects EVERYTHING! Both of you take good care of yourselves.

FOLV thanks for the tip on the kettlebell. I thought about wearing a weighted vest, then pictured doing KB swings with it on, and thought, "nope - not sure my back would like that." I guess I'll have to slow down the tempo or increase reps. Good suggestions.

KateTT I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your stepkids' mom. So very, very difficult. Thinking about them during this loss. I know you will love on them well and help them through.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 12:46 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Quick update on Michele:

Please give Michele our love. I have been praying for her and wondering how she was doing. I was hoping she wasn't going to need more leg surgery. Please keep faith, hope and strength high and thank you so much for updating us.
Old 06-03-21, 02:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

So much sad news!

Hi all,

I've been MIA as well, and have some sad news. We lost our Big Orange very suddenly on Memorial Day. We had taken him to the vet last week for his periodic sneezing/sniffling and got meds to treat it. He got better over the next few days, then on Sunday morning he slept the whole day and didn't get up to get his usual treats for which he stands on his hind legs like a dog. He was out in the open in his usual spots, just seemed very tired. When he didn't eat the next day we took him to the emergency vet and was stunned when she said his organs were failing and there were numerous things that could have led him to this point. She could have done extensive testing but didn't see that it would benefit him. All this in the span of 24 hours! He had been acting completely normal for the days up to Sunday, his boogery nose had gone away, and we just couldn't understand how this could happen. The vet said he probably would not last the night and we couldn't let him suffer so we spent time with him and let him go. His passing has just been devastating to me in a way that's hard for non animal people to understand and even writing this is a tearful exercise. Few if any people are so accepting of our weaknesses and failures, but my cats have always been there to cuddle and love me in my down times.

Sorry this is such a down post! I'm still working out, in Week 2 of the March rotation that I "thought" our people were doing. I'll post more when I am in a better frame of mind.

Prayers and hugs for Chele and for Kate's stepchildren on the loss of their mother. FN1, cuddle and love Cheeto twice as much, since time is so precious.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 02:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh no, FN2, your post made me cry. I'm so, so, so sorry and know there's nothing I can say to take away that pain and it must feel unimaginable right now. RIP, sweet Big Orange. Take care of you, FN2. We're here for you.

Also hugs and condolences to Kate for your loss too.

Way too much sad news today, agreed! Hugs to all of you.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 02:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

cataddict you started March?? What?? Ugh...I'm sorry...
ETA: I can hop over to March now. I will still be a week behind you though I think because I will do all out low impact today. I must have confused myself and thought folks were just doing their own thing.

And losing Big Orange is too soon to Watula...sending you big Hugs!!

Kate how awesome are you for getting along with the ex?? I'm not sure people realize how rare that is. Sending you hugs for you and your kids.

Real life is full of lows but it makes for appreciating the highs AND the friends and family love you feel during the lows...

Big big hugs to all sweet Watulans

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 06-03-21 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Had to let cataddict know what I'm doing
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 08:04 PM  
Mickey12

Oh Cataddict I am so very sorry for you. I am definitely an animal lover and having no children I feel like they have a more significant place in my life than may be for other people. So I totally understand and feel so bad. Poor sweet Big Orange. I wish they could all live forever. Sending you lots of love.

Tags
watulan check-in