Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-31-21, 10:47 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Memorial Day Watulans, and a special shout out to those who have served (I seem to recall Horusosiris did if I remember correctly?).

I've been MIA and busy as heck but still have read all of your awesome posts! Let's see, my workouts last week were:
Sun: Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp + Double Legs and Glutes premix. This was HARD because those elevated lunges/push dips just got me, so I was too busy dying to hear the 'bacon' song. When does it happen?
Mon: Intensity series Pyramid Upper...is it just me or does anyone else shake on the ball plank work after all that upper body?
Tues: CTX 10-10-10 plus Kickbox
Weds: Travis Summer Ayurveda
Thurs: Patrick Hard Work Conditioning 24/7...I really like this one!
Fri: Travis Eye of the Storm
Sat: Chore Max
Yesterday: Intensity series Bootcamp/Muscle Endurance bonus premix (gets me every time!)

Today will be something step in honor of ChelePA, not sure what yet. Like Manleym (enjoy your upcoming vacay!!) I'm just letting this month be a 'do what I feel like' rather than a specific rotation. Just WAY too much going on, but hey, at least we have our new stove and some other appliances. Just waiting on the last two to be installed this week (and crossing fingers because that is going to be seriously challenging for the installers due to dumb stuff the previous owner of our house did).

Congrats to all of you Rock Bottoms gals!! Cowbell all the way around!

Kim, how was the movie?

Bee with Rake Max and Nathalie with Paint Max, sheesh!! You go, ladies!

FN2, I've decided I need to get Kick Max now after hating it for ages. But yeah, their physiques are just insane in that one!

KateTT, I'm SO glad all is okay with your son. How scary that must have been! And wow, Plant Max, that's a lot of trees!

FOLV, I laughed so hard at Cathe asking you how you were. It's your fault entirely now I hear 'March in hell' instead of 'March, inhale' hah hah hah...congrats on getting through that hard workout!

Garrie, I can barely keep up with one check-in let alone two, so I hear you! Just glad to see you here.

Hope you all enjoy your day and I didn't miss anybody. Waves and hugs to all. Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 04:33 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! Yes, Happy Memorial Day -- what's left of it.

Congratulations, Linda! Both on finishing the rotation and also for To The Max! That is a tough one. I don't think I've done it in quite a while -- it's one of those I shy away from. Cathe sees us!

Kim, I know what you mean about Lauren's practices... they are not my favorite, either but I'm not sure why (though I also hate working my core!). Funny about those school buses!

Nathalie, are you sore from your chores? I'm just constantly sore and feeling beat up these days. I may need to take my workouts down a notch.

kittybug, looks like you've had some good (tough workouts). I did Kat's newish 60's & 70's step yesterday -- I enjoyed it very much and thought about all of you, but especially Chele. I did some Five Parks Yoga with my son afterward. He really liked her -- thinks that she seems way more authentic than the people on the paid streaming services. But.... still..... he did make a comment about doing yoga with Darth Vader when she did some breathing.

Must be so great getting all that work done on your house, kittybug!!

Today I did Super Cuts and thought I might skip the sit ups/pushups section at the end, but I decided to do crunches and sit ups on my knees and did all eight sets. Phew.

Gotta run! Waves.....
Old 05-31-21, 05:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee you sound like you need a downshift week... whatever it is that is recharging to you. Feeling beat up is a no bueno to me.

kittybug and kim I'm glad I made you giggle.

lavna I hope your job gets easier.

manley let me know if this link works https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6H...urce=copy-link

Today was an outdoor hike...weather was perfect!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 06:30 AM  
lavna

Rabbit rabbit Watulans!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 10:25 AM  
horusosiris

Hello Everyone.
FYI- Kinectiflix is closing and they are selling off their inventory. This may be a good time to purchase used fitness DVDs at a cheap price. (Kineticflix.com)

Lavna- Yes. Rabbit! Rabbit!

What is everyone doing for the month of June? I did complete the May Cathe rotation.

I have been super busy but I try to keep up with the post as much as I can. I hope your Memorial Day was fun.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 03:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

lavna back at you Nathalie!!

horusosiris I'm doing Cathe's June rotation Linda style. Today I did MMA Fusion because I don't have Rev'd up.

P.S. the turtle move ...it was feeling remarkably like when I was pregnant wrestling myself out of a soft chair ..haha!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-01-21, 06:50 PM  
Mickey12

Linda, I love the turtle move in MMA Fusion! Of course you would have an amusing comment about it! I really like that workout. It doesn’t kill me.

Today I took a walk at lunch and then push mowed part of the lawn for about an hour and a half. That’s my workout for the day. I’m pretty tired now.
Old 06-01-21, 08:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim oh I loved the workout. There's a lightning kick? Yeah, that didn't happen but I loved the music. I thought it went well with the workout. I actually groaned when I didn't see the audio option but was relieved when it started because I could tell I would like it.

Old 06-01-21, 09:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello!

Rabbit, rabbit, indeed!

horusosiris, nice to "see" you! I've been wondering about you. Hopefully your schedule eases up soon?

Linda, I think you are right, I need a little break. I took one today -- well, didn't work out, but there was plenty of outdoor work to do -- more raking and then we have a leak in our water system so there was a fair bit of digging in the mud. Not easy. At any rate, I think getting a good night of sleep really helps me -- I slept great last night and felt better today. An epsom salt bath in the evening is my magic pill this week -- I'm going to try to do it every night. If I sleep well, I'll work out (if I have time) and if I don't sleep well I'm going to take it easy.

Hey, I took a look at Cathe's June rotation and I like the looks of it. I think I may jump in midstream or maybe I'll just start it.... we'll see what I'm in the mood for tomorrow if I sleep well tonight.

Cheers.....
Old 06-02-21, 11:39 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hump Day!

I decided to start the June rotation at the beginning. I slept really well last night so Strong & Sweaty PHA was the workout this morning. I feel great! I don't know how much outdoor chores-ing I have to do today.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you guys this for a while.... do any of you see a chiropractor on a regular basis -- for maintenance, not for a specific injury? I sort of was before the lockdown. Started as an injury but then I just kept going once a month. I felt great when I walked out of the office, but I'm not sure how long that feeling lasted and I'm not sure it's something I really "need" -- if that makes sense! But now when I stretch and I crack my back the way the chiropractor used to, I wonder if I should go back again. It all made me curious about whether or not at any of you go.

Have a great day!!

Tags
watulan check-in