Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-13, 05:09 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Couple of questions about Sacro Wedgy

I have ordered a Sacro Wedgy and have watched a couple of the youtube instructionals on how to use it. I am not getting the neck support she shows in the films. For those who are using the Sacro Wedgy, do you just put a pillow under your head? Also, can you use this on a bed or does it have to be on the floor? If any of you have any tips on use, I'd be really grateful. FYI my problems are with the SIJ and also Piriformis with some scaitic never pain.

Thanks

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 01:42 AM  
starbelly

I don't use a cushion under my head when I use my Sacro Wedgy. I use it typically while lying on a yoga mat on the floor. I think that a bed would be too soft for the SW to be effective; it needs to stick up from the surface to reposition your sacrum.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 07:21 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I had a hard time with this and sent it back. I'm glad for everyone that the product has helped, though.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 07:39 AM  
horsemom2

They suggested putting a thin book under it when lying on a bed. My high school yearbook is perfect. I use a big towel rolled up under the neck and base of the head.

My body has been adjusting to it because I do not have the pain getting off it like I used to. I am down to using it once every other day.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 08:35 AM  
CarlaVeg

I don't usually use anything under my neck, I should though... it still works great for me! I can't use it on my mattress, I wish I could, but I have a tempurpedic. If you have a regular mattress you can put a book under the wedgy.

Good luck!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 01:09 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Thanks, everyone, I do have a regular mattress and I suppose I could put one of my toddler's thin hardback books underneath. Would I then just lie flat on the bed and not put my head on a pillow? I'll probably try it on the floor first until I get the hang of it but I'd like to have the option of using it in bed.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 03:01 PM  
donnamp

Hi -

I have a question - are there any guidelines for ordering the male vs/ female. I'm about average height - just shy of 5'6" and have a thinner build. Not sure which to order.

Will Amazon take it back if I order the wrong one or am I better off ordering from the sacrowedgy site?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 03:17 PM  
rosepetals

I have used it in bed. It just isn't as intense as doing it on the floor. It works just fine. You can do it with or without the foam support. The foam support adds extra intensity. Also putting a book under it would make it more floor like.

I kind of enjoy doing it in bed. It feels more relaxing. I don't have to wait for my back to adjust to it or relax before I extend my legs. I also can lay on it longer on the bed. It's comfortable enough I fell asleep on it.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress, sacro wedgy