Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-15, 12:12 PM  
DI431

I have a Simmons beautyrest, one level down from top of the line, it's a pillow top, its now about 15 yrs old. We were shopping around last summer and I tried every tempurpedic they had, they all felt hard to me. There is a new tempurpedic out that I have not tried that is supposed to be softer, I just cannot get over the price. I think I will re-look at the Simmons but not the pillow top. It still is extremely comfortable, but the pillow top compresses down. I liked the Sealy hybrids that I tried. My biggest thing is when I bought the Simmons, there is a big difference in weight between me and my husband, when he used to get in bed or turn he would wake me up. Since we got the Simmons, he never wakes me up, plus it knocked out his snoring problem.
DI431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 02:04 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Thank you Laura! I would dearly love one of these. My chiro recommended it for my bad back.
My husband has fibromyalgia and has a lot of back pain and we bought it more for him. We got the full-blown version with the ability to raise/lower the head/feet which he uses a lot. Every feature costs more and you might need that much and I think just the bed would have been an improvement for him.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 05:25 PM  
katmom

Another vote for Sleep Number. From the research I have done, the mold problems were on beds manufactured between 1987 and 2005.
Old 06-25-15, 09:23 PM  
videofit

I got a generic foam mattress that was cheap and I've had it for five years. I put an egg crate foam topper on it to keep me cool. Using my old bedsprings but at some point I will either get new bedsprings or a platform bed. No problems adjusting beyond the chemical smell the first few days. Great value for the price. Got a memory foam pillow as well. I am a side sleeper and this is more comfortable on my shoulder than a traditional mattress. No back problems since.
Old 06-27-15, 07:56 AM  
stacydan

About a year and a half ago we switched from an old spring mattress to a memory foam, the Serta icomfort and we really like it. We did not have the problems you are experiencing. We spent hours and days laying on different ones and researching. I wanted the tempurpedic but we were buying all new furniture so the Serta was more in our budget and we are still very happy with it. My husband's only complaint was that it's so comfortable he doesn't want to get up in the morning!
stacydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 08:29 PM  
Gardengirl

I had a foam topper on my older mattress for a couple of years. Helped me get some extra mileage out of that mattress. But ... the foam topper was expensive and I felt it should have lasted longer. Having had that experience, I wouldn't buy a foam mattress. I bit the billet and bought a sleep number bed this year and didn't opt for the foam topper on it. Very happy with my new mattress. Very expensive, but the last mattress I'll probably have to buy as you can replace the topper and air chambers when necessary.

Tags
mattress