Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-14, 06:52 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
As you can see, I'm never good at balance. I do one thing to the extreme, then move on to something else.
I can relate!
Congratulations everyone.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 08:37 AM  
pollytc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
Best abs I ever had...rowing daily
Best arms I had...power yoga six days a week
Best legs I ever had....trail running every day
Best weight loss I've had...Firm Classics six days a week

As you can see, I'm never good at balance. I do one thing to the extreme, then move on to something else.
When my daughter was an infant 21 years ago!), I invested in the Firms at $50 per VHS. There weren't too many workouts back then. But I did them 6 days a week. They were tough! At first I remember everything getting tighter and I was freaking, then after a few weeks I woke up one day and everything was loose! I do think I had a Denise Austin step workout, a Ksthy Smith step and a few others. Oh....Tamilee Webb.
Old 04-15-14, 09:57 AM  
seabliss

I recently posted a results thread but did not give background, only what I was doing. Brazil Butt Lift was the big catalyst for me. I've been working out regularly (5-6 days/week) for several years, with the last nine years being home (video and some paper) workouts exclusively. I've done rotations of Slim Series (the Slim rotation), most of a Supreme 90-Day rotation, and the Red Carpet Ready program. I have done barre extensively (the Bar Method, Callenetics, Lotte Berk), Squeeze, and numerous other types of programs; lots of weights and cardio, some Pilates, etc. Nothing I did seemed to have any effect on my thighs.

For reference, I am in the "last 5 pounds" category. If I lose that, my BMI will be 20, just to give you an idea. I lost 7 lbs in 60 days without working super hard on it. I also lost 1.5 inches off each thigh, 2 inches off my hips, and an inch off my waist. I didn't even follow the BBL rotation because I didn't have that kind of time, but I developed my own rotation based on what I thought was effective for me from the program. I did change my eating too, but not incredibly stringent on that either.
Old 04-15-14, 10:21 AM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post
When my daughter was an infant 21 years ago!), I invested in the Firms at $50 per VHS. There weren't too many workouts back then. But I did them 6 days a week. They were tough! At first I remember everything getting tighter and I was freaking, then after a few weeks I woke up one day and everything was loose! I do think I had a Denise Austin step workout, a Ksthy Smith step and a few others. Oh....Tamilee Webb.
Same here. Needed to lose weight after having a baby. I worked nights and had to stay up for awhile after work to watch the kids while my husband was going to school. I did the Classic Firms 5-6 days a week just to stay awake. Lost all the baby weight and firmed up.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 10:25 AM  
pollytc

Congrats! I remember reading this on another thread! What did your rotation look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I recently posted a results thread but did not give background, only what I was doing. Brazil Butt Lift was the big catalyst for me. I've been working out regularly (5-6 days/week) for several years, with the last nine years being home (video and some paper) workouts exclusively. I've done rotations of Slim Series (the Slim rotation), most of a Supreme 90-Day rotation, and the Red Carpet Ready program. I have done barre extensively (the Bar Method, Callenetics, Lotte Berk), Squeeze, and numerous other types of programs; lots of weights and cardio, some Pilates, etc. Nothing I did seemed to have any effect on my thighs.

For reference, I am in the "last 5 pounds" category. If I lose that, my BMI will be 20, just to give you an idea. I lost 7 lbs in 60 days without working super hard on it. I also lost 1.5 inches off each thigh, 2 inches off my hips, and an inch off my waist. I didn't even follow the BBL rotation because I didn't have that kind of time, but I developed my own rotation based on what I thought was effective for me from the program. I did change my eating too, but not incredibly stringent on that either.
Old 04-15-14, 10:38 AM  
Honeydew

I"m getting better results with Ballet Body Periodization system I. I got good results from TA meta glute and the early continuities, but farther down the road, I wasn't getting results. My thighs were getting jiggly, and my butt was getting flatter and saggy. I had wanted the Ballet Body downloads for a long time and finally bought the system. Happy to say, my butt looks so much better! I am getting more definition in my legs and upper body is looking good. There was a huge dread factor for the TA workouts, I guess I got bored and they just working for me anymore.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 03:30 PM  
Leonana

I would say consistency, variety, and less intensity.

I've lost 14 pounds and about 2 1/2 dress sizes in the past year. I was doing Jillian Michaels, but switched to Jessica Smith and her you tube schedule (along with the D word). I'm 54, and had a child at 41, so I'm thrilled to be at the size I was in my 20's and 30's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Consistency! That said, my best results have come form lowering my intensity and combining Suzanne Bowen Fitness and Jessica Smith. I'm more flexible and feel better than I have in years.
Same here, except I'm doing Jessica Smith and walking. Although, I know you do a lot of walking too. I really noticed a difference in my legs when I started walking the dogs three times a week, along with doing Jessica's schedule. My abs are really toned too.
Old 04-15-14, 05:31 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I'm 54, and had a child at 41,
Sorry to hijack, but I just had to say...me too! Both of those!
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 09:47 PM  
seabliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post
Congrats! I remember reading this on another thread! What did your rotation look like?
Thanks! I'm still doing it, tacking on another 30 days, but here's what I did (and am still doing:

I did one of the workouts a day, but I only did Bum Bum, High and Tight, and Sculpt. I rotated them and did each one twice a week. I would also add on (but with no pattern, just when I had time): walking (indoors or out), short, more intense cardio like Bum Bum Rapido, Jessica Smith's Tabata or HIIT, or a short (10 minute or so) Jessica Smith lower-body workout. Sometimes at night I would ride the stationary bike for 30 or 45 minutes, but just slow enough so I didn't sweat.

My eating played a part. DH and I started juicing, and we've been having a lot of big salads with chicken or fish. Things like that. But I also have wine and some treats and cheese on a regular basis. Not a lot of bread. But when I do take days off and eat "badly," I don't gain weight back. I attribute that to the workouts.

Also, I push as hard as I can. With Sculpt, I put out about 5 different sets of weights and go as heavy as I can for each exercise. With High and Tight, I'm now moving into 5-lb ankle weights and highest resistance bands.
Old 04-15-14, 11:21 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
Sorry to hijack, but I just had to say...me too! Both of those!
Yay! It's nice to know you're not the only one to have a child in your 40's!

Tags
programs, results, weight loss