Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 03-12-05, 07:12 AM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

For me it was pre-Goodtimes FIRM - aerobic weight training. I did the classics, FIRM Strength and FIRM Cardio, Tough Tape, Standing Legs, FatBlaster etc.

I'll never forget the first time I did one. The very first video I did was FIRM Volume 2. I did it without weights and it was a whole hour long!!! She does about a 5 minute high impact routine that I just looked at her, gasping for breath. I literally could not walk up and down stairs for 4 days.

I was determined to conquer it and as soon as I could walk again I went right back to it. And so began my love affair with the FIRM. I think I'm going to do Volume 2 today, lol!
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 07:28 AM  
homegymmie

I lost 20 lbs in 2 months last year from 169.5 down to 148. Lost 8% bodyfat. I used Leslie's walking workouts and Power 90. The bad news: 1). I sprained my ankle in December (NOT due to the workouts!)and was in cast for 6 weeks. 2) Thereafter, had my wisdom teeth pulled out due to nagging pain. Needless to say, I got lazy after the broken ankle and teeth surgery/extractions that I did not exercise at all for 3 months! Got depressed, ate a lot. So I gained back 5 lbs. I just started the same regimen this week March 7. But I'll add more videos to the mix!
homegymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 08:31 AM  
Fante Yaa
VF Supporter

Walk Away the Pounds for abs

and the key for me was doing the "Walk Diet" rotations.

~~~Yaa~~~

"The solution comes up every day."
2006 Workout Challenge 4/219
Fante Yaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 10:32 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

The Pure Strength series along with a variety of cardio options (elliptical trainer, step class, jogging...) I do other strength videos too, but something about regular Pure Strength use made me get it all together and work harder.

Sarah
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 10:40 AM  
behaha

tae bo basic original which I did for at least a year before moving on. it got to the point where its half-hour length was not enough for me (though I hadn't been able to do the whole thing when I started) but the hour of the advanced tapes was a little too much, so I went looking for tapes in the 45-minute range and ended up with The Firm. From there, everything! But tae-bo was my breakthrough -- started the weightloss and started me on the path of regular exercise. Partly, I think, because it changes up so quickly: don't like a move? it's already gone! Partly because Billy Blanks is just so infectious in his enthusiasm. I recently lent this one to a friend and, though I never do it anymore, I still miss it.
behaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 12:38 PM  
fit tish

Question not so tough aerobics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S.
On my current kick, I've lost about 17 pounds. But, before that, I lost another 15-16 pounds, so together, it's 25 pounds or more.

The tapes that REALLY helped at the beginning were Kathy Smith's Step tape and Gilads Step Aerobics on Waikiki Beach and Not So Tough Aerobics (this one probably the most of any of them) and, last but not least, strength training. I started with the Firm Basics tape with Tracie Long.

Laura

Laura is this by Gilad? TIA
fit tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 01:01 PM  
LauraGG

After I had my first baby, I had 35 pounds left to lose - and it did not come off easily. I used the original Firm classics, and lots of walking - lots and lots of walking: 45 minutes to an hour 5 days a week. I also added in some yoga after I was in better shape: Total Yoga, and the Gaiam tapes are the ones I most frequently use.
LauraGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 02:33 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Just chiming in...the ones you do are the ones that give results IMO. I know it is an old saying but it is true! Hope the thread gives some good ideas for new workouts though!!

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 04:48 PM  
Alan

Also, it's not only which videos you do, it's HOW you do them.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 05:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit tish
Laura is this by Gilad? TIA
Not So Tough Aerobics is an older Firm "parts" tape.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broadway sweat, kathy smith tone up, mis, old thread alert, results, significant weight loss, successful weight loss, weight loss