Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-12-21, 09:59 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

We had a fun weekend, laughed a lot & ate too much, but it was worth it! DS & DIL went home today.

Saturday:
~PT exercises
~Flow With Mira: Posture Series Day 5 - This was good, excellent instruction but more therapeutic & stretchy, not challenging Pilates.

Sunday:
~15 min rebounding
~15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~MELT: Hip & Pelvis focus

Monday:
~Ellen’s Dance Blast & Walk with Weights - I nixed both after 10-15 min, first had too many stops & starts, second was too repetitive.
~20 min gentle rebounding
~Ellen’s Pilates Mix - third time lucky, this was not challenging but very nice
~PT exercises
~MFML: Gentle Yoga to Aid Digestion - This was lovely, stretchy, twisty

Today:
~Essentrics class, my friend taught
~PT exercises

I signed for a month sub to Ellen Barrett’s streaming, which I do occasionally to sample her newest workouts. I really like her, but the first two I tried didn’t work for me.

Cyana - Thanks for the music links! I have seen a few Playing for Change videos & they are amazing! We like the Tiny Desk concerts on the YT NPR Music channel. Have you watched any?

Pat - So sorry to hear you had a flare up! I’m glad you are enjoying Medicine Walk. It’s one of my favourites this year for sure. I read Indian Horse by the same author a few years ago, very good but very sad.

Margot - Glad you’re able to hike! We have watched several seasons of Doc Martin & Port Issac is beautiful. I look forward to getting back to the UK again, we loved our time in Kent in 2019.

Beth - Glad you enjoyed your trip to the book sale, sounds like a good haul!

Waves to Paine, Carolyn, Sandra, KarenJo & anyone I missed!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 07:25 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, sounds like a perfect holiday weekend!

Carolyn, I'm going to try to work in that SarahBeth practice you linked to; I have done her older ones for neck & shoulders.

Paine, that's great that your grandson is okay with school now; LOL about lunch!

Sandra, I liked your "patio puttering" - is that mostly the plants?

Happy Wednesday! I haven't done a mid-week funny in awhile; Baxter (training co-leader) has included a lot of comics in his presentations, so I'll have to see if there's one I can steal.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I managed:

~ 20 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch
~ Breethe 5 Minute Kindness Meditation (WW app)
~ Beach walk
~ 6,514 steps

It was a super nice beach walk. I changed routes and walked by the college campus, where there is a pond. I saw about 20 egrets roosting up in the trees for the night, and bats as a nice October bonus.

Pam, it's so good to hear you had a nice time with family, especially after last year's dismal Thanksgivings in both nations.

Carolyn, "calm productivity" sounds like a single term, so I think your intention counts!

Waves to all, we have a busy day coming up here. Be well everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 11:49 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Flow and Yin with Donna Helm-Yost (Yin practice--35 minutes)

Carolyn, I wasn't fond of gym class when I was in school either! I have told this story before but I didn't start working out until I was in my 50's and I only did that to help my daughter. My daughter had become depressed because her 1st boyfriend abruptly dumped her. I was really worried about her and she didn't want to see a doctor or therapist. She was just laying around, miserable and crying a lot. I thought some movement might be good for her so I told her I wanted us to go for walks outside together (I knew she wouldn't go walking on her own and it wouldn't be safe for her to walk on her own because of the moose and bear where we lived at that time). So we went for walks for awhile but I knew snow would be coming soon and I didn't like walking in the snow so I bought a couple of exercise DVDs for us to do together. We did that for several weeks and then she met her future husband and was happy again. I didn't think it was right to make her workout with me when she was happy so I told her that I was going to continue to workout and she was welcome to keep working out with me but she could stop if she wanted. She never worked out with me again, LOL! I only kept working out because I was getting older and I knew it was good for me. I wanted to find out about other workout DVDs so I googled and found this forum and became a vidiot!

Pam, your Thanksgiving with family sounds so lovely!

Pat, I love hearing about your beach walks.

Hi Beth!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 11:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, you were a good mom! Movement is great for depression - but the best thing you did was just to be there for your daughter.

Here is a cute yoga-related funny I found for today:

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-13-21, 12:28 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, thank you. I love my kids with all my heart and want to always be there for them to help them in whatever way I can as long as I'm alive.
Thanks for the hump day funny!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 04:33 PM  
Donna D

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I haven't been around much; it's been a very stressful 90 plus days. Things are much better now.

Today I did the lower body section of Andrea Orbeck's Super Model Buns and Thighs. Someone once said that this was like Winsor Pilates Buns and Thighs on steroids! I would have to agree with this.

I followed with the lower body portion of Esquire's Great Body Stretching for Energy. A great short segment which also helps lower back pain.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Donna D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 05:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Donna, sorry to hear that it's been a tough time for you. Hope you've passed through it! Also hope you are enjoying this weirdly warm October we are getting in upstate NY.

I passed on this CD at the book sale since the entire thing is on YT; I might try a segment tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...VdjtbgHBVoSw7Q

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-13-21, 05:32 PM  
Donna D

Beth,

The weather certainly has been weird this month! I'm loving the beauty of fall.

Yes, things are finally getting better -

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=231759&page=4

Thanks!
Donna D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 06:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Donna, thanks for linking to that thread - that must have been stressful for you, but I'm so glad to hear of the happy ending of staying in and owning your own home!

I think you all know that winter is not my favorite, so I am enjoying this extended late-summer-like weather. I do need more pumpkin spice in my life though!

I did another Slings in Motion routine tonight - I think it was Margot who first mentioned them? The workouts are definitely unique!
https://youtu.be/Wr2actTYmb0?list=PL...bi9M0LT-H0DXoa

Follow me @YogiBethC