Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-21, 11:16 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Deep Stretch Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire (Back Stretches practice)
YouTube: Toned & Slim Thighs in 7 DAYS |10 Min Beginner Leg Workout, No Jump with April Han

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90a-...annel=AprilHan
Essentrics

The YouTube that I did today was a nice quick 10 minute lower body workout but I don't believe for one minute that doing it everyday for one week will cause you to lose 1 inch on each of your thighs!

Pam, I enjoyed hearing about your get-away and family gathering.

Beth, how great that meal prep when you get home from work helps you to de-compress.

Sandra, I'm glad you are feeling better. We are supposed to get rain today.

Garrie, I'm laughing about your experience with Margaret's Sculpture lower body workout! When I used to do that workout regularly, I wore a 10 pound weighted vest for calves, quads and standing gluteals; I wore 5 pound weights on each thigh for inner and outer thighs; I wore 2.5 pounds on each ankle for hamstrings on all 4's and for the gluteal floor exercise I would put my heels up on a chair because I felt it more effectively that way. It's been a long time since I've done that workout but the next time I do it again I will do it without any weights!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 03:33 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I did Beth's SILVER LININGS GRATITUDE on YouTube. That was a nice one, Beth--thank you! It's hard for me to have gratitude for myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_xQ...nnel=YogiBethC
Old 10-25-21, 04:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, you've probably done metta practices where they always start with lovingkindness to self; you can appreciate yourself for your loving heart that you share with your family and with us here.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 06:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Awww, thank you Beth! You are sweet to say that. Yes, I'm devoted to my family.
Old 10-25-21, 07:57 PM  
JustSandra

Hello again!

The rain finally let up around 8am this morning, and I was able to go on a nice long 2-hour outside walk! It felt wonderful.

My cold is almost gone, and I am feeling much better. However, I am skipping exercise this afternoon -- because I got a Covid booster shot! When I checked online this morning a nearby pharmacy had afternoon appointments available today, so I decided to get it done since I don't work today or tomorrow. So far no side effects except a sore arm (after my second shot I had a brief period of fatigue and shivers).

Pat58: It seems like California weather has become so extreme. Less than a week ago we got our first measurable rainfall after a record 212 days of dryness (a whopping 2/100 of an inch). Just a few days later that got followed by the record-setting 24-hour rain total! The storm doesn't end the drought, of course, but the dry ground is soaking up all that rain, which is good. The storm also brought an end to the fire season.

Paine: Enjoy the rain! I don't think it is supposed to be nearly as intense as what we got here, but of course every drop counts.

Garrie: I still remember the first time I did Margaret Richard's Sculpture. I had been using heavy (for me) weights, but was careful to reduce the poundage before Sculpture since I knew it was high-rep. Then as the workout went on I kept lowering the weight even more, until I think I was using just my 1-pounders at the end!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 09:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, glad you are feeling better! Hope you don't have a reaction to the covid booster; I'm getting mine on Saturday.

Paine, clearly you are too hard on yourself.

Last night I submitted my certification exam, and I heard back today already - I am now an officially certified Yoga for Healthy Aging teacher!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 07:23 AM  
cyana

Post and run, but at least I have work-outs to post.

Monday evening:
Holden 10.25.2021 live class
We did a good bit of balance work and standing on our toes, so I'm not sure how many calf raises I did when you combine that with my morning BFR work-out - might have set a new world record, LOL!

Tues AM:
Breath work practice - 1 hour (did this in the bed before I got up)
BFR training - biceps and triceps (it's always humbling at how fast your muscles get to fatigue using such low weights).

Must run - have something that MUST get wrapped up before mid-day. Time to rock and roll!

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 08:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. I kept it low key yesterday. In the a.m. I enjoyed YWK Morning Yoga Movement Day #2, Wake Up Full Body Yoga Stretch. After my acupuncture appointment I kept it low key with 30 Minute Hips & Lower Back Deep Stretch plus bedtime affirmations. Shuffled through 3,900 steps for the day.

The appointment was so/so. For the consultation, it felt like I was paying for an infomercial. The treatment itself was okay and I got a little relief in my arms. I bought some herbs and booked out six more appointments which will be full acupuncture and more time. I used to see this lady years ago and she seems to have gone very spa/commercial, unfortunately.

Cyana your breath work practice sounds intense, did you feel results?

Beth, congratulations on your latest achievement! Well done!

Sandra - that is a good point about the storm curtailing the fire season. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. Good luck with the COVID booster.

Aw, Paine I echo Beth's sentiments. Your family is very fortunate to have you.

Good morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 10:14 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Total Body Lift (Upper Body workout)

Beth, congrats on your Yoga for Healthy Aging teacher certification!

Pat, I hope your upcoming acupuncture appointments help to resolve your aches.
Old 10-26-21, 08:17 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

My arm is still a little sore from yesterday's Covid booster (no other side effects, though), so for

Today's Workout: I chose Lower Body Sculpt from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set. This was my first workout in well over a week.

Beth: Congratulations on your new certification!

Pat58: I hope the acupuncture treatments bring some relief.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote