Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-02-21, 05:25 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
AsSweet - have you decided what you’re going to do next? I wish I had started the LGI8 but maybe it’s a good thing that ‘m waiting and thinking about the workouts that I’ll do. For the circuit week, I think 3 PHAs will be too much. PHA3 kicked my butt the other day, and PHAT is even harder, at least for me. I think 1 PHA and 2 bootcamps may be a better fit. But interested to see what you come up with. And when do you think we’ll start Hammer & Chisel? Jan 2022? Great job on your rotation. That’s some stick-to-it-ness for sure! . Is your daughter doing a hybrid program or in school all day? I thought things would have been somewhat back to normal for kids, in school, but still crazy times.
I haven't plan my LGI8 rotation either, I haven't have the time, since school started last Thursday I have been a bit tired, more tired than my DD lol. She did school at home last year, and she is back to school this year, it is regular hours so far. So I am getting extra exercise going back and forth with her, thankfully DP works most of the time at home so we go twice each. Thanks, I almost quit last week but I decided to stick to it, and finish it off, I am itching to do something else. Jan 2022 sounds about right to me, if that is ok for you too. So far, I think I will do a my own thing next for a while, there are severals workouts I have got lately and I'd love to try them out. I was thinking on doing 4 days on and 1 day off, rinse and repeat, like the ThunderBell rotation. I was thinking on doing Strength - Cardio Step - Pilates or a core based exercise - Cardio (dance or kickboxing) - Rest, and just plug whatever I feel like doing for the day on each category. Let's see how it goes

Welcome to firmiewannabe!

Waves to all and please stay safe everyone

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:40 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. It's the first day in 2 weeks I'm not on double antihistamines so I've actually had energy to do one airport walk already. It will be nice to be out of the smoke for a few days. There is a literal messy investigation going on at the funeral home behind school, so I am worried about the kids there.
I hope all who were in Ida's path are safe and well.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 02:44 PM  
T2B

ASAS - I can understand that back to school is tiring for parents. It’s like a part time job keeping the kiddos on track with homework and whatever else that may come up. Jan 2022 will work for me too. Your plan after you’re done with this rotation sounds good.

Chrys - have a wonderful trip, are you going to see the grandkids?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 06:49 PM  
CabCalloway

Took a nice long bike ride in this gorgeous weather.
Waves to all,
CabC
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 07:46 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
ASAS - I can understand that back to school is tiring for parents. It’s like a part time job keeping the kiddos on track with homework and whatever else that may come up. Jan 2022 will work for me too. Your plan after you’re done with this rotation sounds good.
Awesome! And you're totally right about it being like a part time job, and tiring for sure. At least, DD is happy to be back to school.

Chrys, are you also suffering from allergy symptoms? My eyes have been very itchy these past days, it is so awful, I had to go to the pharmacy. How bad that there is a funeral home right behind the school, I hope it all get resolved soon.

CabC, waves back!

Jane, that band workout you did today, look great, I bookmarked it.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 09-04-21, 09:41 AM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe Yes we are definitely on baby watch. My daughter is due on the 12th but went to the hospital this week because she hadn’t felt him move one morning (he was turned to her insides) and they told her that she was having contractions then. Any day now! Ugh! I can’t believe you’re having foot issues now. Very frustrating. Great job with Tabatacize! That is such a dread inducing workout for me for some reason, even when I’m only doing one section.

ASAS I know it’s rough adjusting to the school year. When my kids were little I usually dropped them off at school and either ran on the boardwalk there or came right home to work out. Any detours and I was done

Chrys Do you think your allergies are related to the fires?

TB2 That cardio portion of Athletic Training is no joke. It’s crazy how hard that is with no jumping. I watched the first two episodes of Modern Love season 2 on Amazon. I really loved the first episode with Minnie Driver. I’m not sure if you’ve watched it before but they’re all little vignettes so there’s no commitment.

Welcome Firmiewannabe!!!

Not fitness related in any way but I was recently introduced to Swedish dishcloths. I don’t even use paper towels now unless I’m drying off meat or fish before cooking. I’ve bought a lot of silly things but this feels so less wasteful and they’re super cute too!

I hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 12:36 PM  
AnMrsDe

ASAS, by the time you read this, you'll have finished your rotation, so congrats! You and T2B get the prize for consistency with rotations!!! //What grade is your DD in now? Does she have activities outside of school - I know how exhausted I was running my kids here and there...I was never so happy when they learned to drive, LOL.//Being tired and having allergies on top of it is the pits! Hope you feel better soon and can rest up this weekend.

Chrys, hope you enjoy your trip and are feeling better!

T2B, Good job on Athletic Training! That one is coming up later this month for me - Yikes! It's been so long I can't even remember much about it! I guess it wasn't notorious for boob shots like XT, LMAO!

Jane, I have never felt so OLD in my life these last 4 months!! I felt I could cope just fine with my usual flare-ups but having them exacerbate so much has just been awful! I know you guys are getting tired of reading about it so often and I apologize, LOL.//Swedish dishcloths - wow, never heard of them and had to google. I probably wouldn't want to use them cause they're so pretty and go & get the paper towels anyhow! It seems you are always buying the latest trends!//Oh my, any day now for your DD's delivery! I pray she has an easy time and a healthy baby boy!!! COME RIGHT HERE AND POST WHEN IT DOES HAPPEN!!!

Have a very enjoyable LONG weekend, everyone!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 01:10 PM  
T2B

Jane - Exciting about the baby. I was just going to ask you if you had any tv watching recommendations. I’ll check it out. I just got a notice from Prime Video that HBO will be leaving Prime Channels effective 9/15/21. I hope HBO realizes that they are taking away the convenience by removing it from Prime so not sure I will sign up through HBO’s app. I don’t want to create another username/login in.

AnMrsDe - I don’t recall seeing so many of the weirdo camera angles during LIS. I’ve done XT so often I know when to avert my eyes. I remember thinking once that this weirdo is actually zooming in on Amanda’s chest. Ugh. Also, sorry about the flare-ups. You do a lot. An hour of mowing after Tabatacise? That’s a lot.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 03:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Jane, I used to do my workout after she leaved for school, to get it done. But, since last year I have been working out in the afternoon, so I am having a rough time to mind myself to do it again early in the morning. But, it will come, since by the afternoon, I am feeling lazy and tired. I never heard of Swedish dishcloths before, sounds great thanks for the tip. And how exciting about the new baby coming soon best wishes for your daughter on the delivery date, praying everything goes super well.

AMD, thank you! I am so glad to be done! I am so sorry you are having food issues, not fun at all, I hope it gets better soon. I hope your wrists issues are gone. And no need to apologize, feel free to vent whenever you need to! My DD is in 3rd grade now, she is loving it so far, she used to take dance classes after school twice a week before covid.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Old 09-04-21, 07:22 PM  
Helen

I'd like to join - been lurking a bit for more company - seeing what others are doing. (apart from my regular checkin buddies !! )
Every Day in <Month> is themed this time with "Doing it like it's New Year", so I'm feeling the vibe of new things.

Here's my list
01 Chrono: Cathe - Intensity Series - Boot Camp, whew!
02 Alice-dog: Long walk - 90min
03 Buddy: Cathe - Step Boss - Imax 4, 8"
04 Upper weights: Template (fill the slots for written workout) - 2 Day Split - Lower/Upper - Upper Workout, 3 sets of 15, 101 timing
05 Metabolic: Cathe - Step Boss - PHA 3
06 Choreo: Christi - Solid Gold Cardio
07 Cardio: Cathe - Strong & Sweaty - Cardio Slam - Modification Mix 2
08 Yoga: Wai Lana - Firming Yoga
09 Cardio: CIA - Two Hours of Stepping - Michelle's Workout
10 Glutes: Cathe - Boss Loops Glutes & Core
11 Light: Leslie Sansone - Walk Your Belly Flat - Miles 2+3 AND Hard: Cathe - Intensity - Timesaver: Step + Max + Bootcamp Mix
12 Sunday
Stretch: Cathe - Cross Train Express - 10-10-10 - Stretch Addon
Yoga: BeFit Yoga - Lean & Relax Addon
Stretch: Cindy Crawford - Shape Your Body - Stretch 1,2,3 Addon
Yoga: 10 Minute Solution - Lara Hudson - Yoga - Yoga For Flexibility & Relaxation Addon
Weights: Denise Austin - Shrink Your Female Fat Zones
13 Choreo: Christi Taylor - Solid Gold Step
14 Pilates: 10 Min Soln - Suzanne Bowen - Pilates Perfect Body - OMIT Stretch Mix and Yoga: BeFit Yoga - AM + Ashtanga + Detox
15 Chrono: Cathe - Intensity Series - Muscle Endurance
16 Cardio: Christi - Stepping Zone - Section 2 Mix
17 Walk: 2 hour dog walk
18 Sat
Dog: 45min walk
Cardio: 38min, Cathe - Intensity - Intensity Step + Low Impact HIIT Mix/Match
19 Cardio+Upper: Michelle Bridges - Trim Toned Terrific - mixture of parts
20 Choreo: Christi Taylor - Solid Gold Step, 6"
21 Random: 10 Min Solution - Jennifer Galardi - Dance it Off & Tone It up
22 very long dog walk
23 very long dog walk
24 Chrono: Cathe - Intensity Series - Cardio & Weights
25 Fun: Ashli Liljenquist - Step Aerobics Great Choreography
26 Chrono: Cathe - Intensity Series - Interval Max 2
27 Choreo: Christi Taylor - Totally Cool Step, 8"
28 Alice: dog walk
29 Chrono: Cathe - Intensity Series - Pyramid Upper Body
30 Easy: Jessica Smith - Chair Cardio (Workout 1)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts, low impact series info