Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-21, 09:46 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia Keeping your DD in prayer.

Steps for yesterday: 15,699
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 04:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks for the prayers for DD.

Check-in: half hour of lap swim.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 05:20 PM  
seabliss

Today I did an upper body no equipment workout from Heather Robertson. It was under 20 minutes, but it definitely got my heart rate up. Heather does not mess around with isometric biceps curls. She's all about walkdowns to pushups to shoulder taps and all those full body moves. I also have 10k steps.

Cynthia, praying that your DD stays safe. This Delta thing is crazy. My drummer, who now lives in the Berkeley area, just contracted it, even though he was vaccinated. He and his wife just went through a week of being sick.

Diana, dental issues are the worst. Your poor DH! Glad he will get relief quickly.

Lynn, your PT sounds brutal. I cannot lie on the floor and do a full snow angel with my arm on the ground, even now. There are sections where my arm hovers above the floor. I was warned that PT would be painful, but we didn't have health insurance, so I didn't do it anyway. Here in Portugal, we will have good insurance, so when everything is in place, I will do things that I opted out of in the States.

Linda, you have been through more than enough pain for all of us! That is crazy about the hot temps your men have needed. My dad now always wants it hot, but my mother needs it much cooler. Hormones are a powerful thing, it seems.
Old 08-10-21, 05:25 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes (this was a good one), plus Jessica gentle yoga neck and shoulder (this was really good for my shoulder.

Cheryl, Heather doesn't mess around with anything from what I have seen! Luckily my PT and I worked things out and I made him end the brutality in favor of a slower approach, which nevertheless seems to be working. That's great that you will have better health insurance now. It remains to be seen if I will get full mobility in my shoulder, equal to what I had before, but supposedly frozen shoulder does release itself, unlike other shoulder injuries. What shoulder injury did you have?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 09:12 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I got my 2nd covid vaccine today. Hopefully I won't have any side effects tomorrow. DH's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. One of our Deacons who lives around the corner from us can take him tomorrow if needed.

Check-In: 45 minute outdoor walk and CS 1303 Standing Core

Have a Blessed Evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-11-21, 07:26 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I probably won't be able to get a workout in today. If I have an opportunity I will do something. It might be a "get your steps in day".

Steps for yesterday: 11,811
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-11-21, 10:36 AM  
seabliss

Today i did a no equipment leg workout from Heather Robertson that I have not done before. It was 20 minutes but no warmup, short cooldown, and only 10 second breaks. It was mostly standing and there were no dread moves.

Not as much walking today. I have a lot of work suddenly--tis the season for me and writing. And we are going to put out another video, and we really need to find a longer-term place to rent starting in September. This is very difficult to do.

We are meeting the couple from Israel tonight at our favorite cafe, which is owned by our French couple friends. So they will meet each other too, which is nice!

Cynthia, I forgot to say that I feel your pain about working so intensely on a cleanse and then not losing any weight. Before we left Nashville, DH and I tried everything. It was very frustrating to work so hard and then not lose anything. So, so frustrating. But then our lives changed. I seem to be staying at my lower weight that I reached after the insane moving process (which made us literally sick) and with all the walking here, and DH keeps losing. He looks markedly different. No dieting at all. But our eating is a little uneven. Today we have barely eaten anything so far, just as it works out. We do have a lot of big salads at our flat for dinner, because that is easy and we need veggies, but some of the things we eat are just so not dietary, and then there is the wine, lol. So it is just crazy how our bodies work. DH makes it a point to get out and walk around the city and get at least those 10k steps, and Porto has more than a few hills. But it seems like weight is often almost out of our control. I hope you see the fruits of your labors soon!

Diana, I hope you feel fine after the shot! Did you get Pfizer? DH and I had even less of our minimal side effects after the second shot.

Lynn, both of my shoulders have been frozen. The right just three months after DD was born, when my joints were all loose and I fell and dislocated it twice in one night. I had to carry DD around (she was so colicky I could not put her down or sit down with her for seven months), and I could not lift my arm high enough to get a glass out of the cabinet.

The left shoulder was later, and I don't know how. I think from a workout or something(?) The left is the worst at this point. For a long time I could not do child's pose fully, but that's fine now. But those moves Jessica Smith likes to do, holding a weight above the head as your body is at an angle moving down, they feel scary and I can't really do them with full mobility.

I am mostly better now, though. After trying accupressure unsuccessfully, I had a steroid shot in the left shoulder that helped a lot.
Old 08-11-21, 02:27 PM  
Diana3271

DH is back home from surgery and doing well. Praise the Lord!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-11-21, 04:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thanks for the good news about your DH.

I was feeling mopey today, worrying about DD. I didn't open it of course, but a card for her came from her grandmother. 96 and still has perfect penmanship.

Check-in: half hour lap swim. That was soothing.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 06:47 PM  
lynnf

Heather Robertson no repeat legs. I am getting better with that one, but I feel worked out.

Cheryl, sounds like quite the saga with your shoulders. I don't like the sound of that Jessica move myself. Your life now sounds so European and fun. I always lost weight in Europe despite eating lots of chocolate. I really think not having a car is key. You walk so much more and just move more without depending on a car. Even when you take public transport you walk to get there. And then there are the stairs to get to the apartment!

Cynthia, yes, that is worrisome. She should test when she gets back.

Diana, glad your DH is back safe and sound from oral surgery. Let's hope for no more surgery for a while. And hope you are doing ok after your second shot. You two deserve a bit of a rest for the next couple days!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote