Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-21, 11:18 AM  
edensmom

I was in Goodwill yesterday and here is what I picked up:
Jillian 6 Week 6 Pack and One Week Shred (previously traded these away), Slim in 6 (also had and traded) Ashley Turner's Element Weight Loss Yoga and Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. They had a lot of titles including the New York City Ballet workout and TA Pregnancy Project set (for 6 bucks). I wanted to buy both of those even though I know I would NEVER use them so I stayed strong and put them back on the shelf.
Now I want to go check out other Goodwills in my area! I bought a new house this summer and I think I accidentally donated a big stack of dvds I had separated from the others. Additionally, I haven't worked out at home consistently since 2016 due to joining a gym and had gotten rid of many workouts during that time. Now that gyms are closed here I have returned to my collection. I am finding I need intermediate dvds! I lift moderately heavy to very heavy at the gym with my own very long rest periods and dvds are kicking my butt, lol.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 06:16 PM  
Leonana

Great finds! I'm sorry to hear you lost a box of dvds in your move. I've been seeing more and more dvds at Goodwill lately. I wonder if it's because people are moving to streaming or You Tube. Good luck in your search!
Old 01-16-21, 10:37 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Great finds! I'm sorry to hear you lost a box of dvds in your move. I've been seeing more and more dvds at Goodwill lately. I wonder if it's because people are moving to streaming or You Tube. Good luck in your search!
Thank you. I have a collection of storage totes and I was fairly sure I had put a big pile of dvds in it because making the decision to get rid of them or not was too stressful while moving. It was all my barre and Ellen Barretts along with some yoga, pilates, and my Toniques. While I never felt compelled to actually use those workout (hence the reason I had them separated from the main collection) finding them gone was pretty devastating. Our closing got pushed out 3 or 4 times and we ended up with just 3 days to move so those workouts were a casualty of that I'm afraid. I was especially sad to lose Ellen.
However I now have space for more workouts, lol.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 12:59 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Thank you. I have a collection of storage totes and I was fairly sure I had put a big pile of dvds in it because making the decision to get rid of them or not was too stressful while moving. It was all my barre and Ellen Barretts along with some yoga, pilates, and my Toniques. While I never felt compelled to actually use those workout (hence the reason I had them separated from the main collection) finding them gone was pretty devastating. Our closing got pushed out 3 or 4 times and we ended up with just 3 days to move so those workouts were a casualty of that I'm afraid. I was especially sad to lose Ellen.
However I now have space for more workouts, lol.
The vidiot way to see the positive side, lol!
Old 01-28-21, 02:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

there's a vidiot in my town!

saw these uncommon finds yesterday, all $1.99 unless otherwise noted:

Dream Body 5 disc set
Cathe Friedrich HiiT
Tony Horton P90x Plus 4 disc set $5.99
BarreAmped (original) Suzanne Bowen
BarreAmped Boot Camp Suzanne Bowen
Gorgeous Core Suzanne Bowen
*Booty Barre Ballet Tracey Mallett
Booty Barre Abs & Arms Tracey Mallett
*P57 Advanced Express 30 min
P57 Thigh & Seat Booster
P57 Arms & Abs
P57 57 min workout 2nd edition
Tonique Mat Workout Sylwia Wiesenberg
Turbo Jam Kickin' Core Get On the Ball Chalene Johnson
Turbo Jam Total Body Blast Get on the Ball Chalene Johnson
Figure 30 Butt Tracie Long
*CD: Dr. Phil's 6 disc audio Ultimate Weight Solution

there were other DVDs that i usually see such as Winsor Pilates, Tae Bo, Jillian Michaels, Rodney Yee, Patricia Walden.

*picked up these and used a coupon for $2 off entire purchase

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 03:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, Jeannine, those are some rare ones! I have seen Patricia Walden a few times but never Tracie Long or any of the barre ones.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 03:05 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
there's a vidiot in my town!

saw these uncommon finds yesterday, all $1.99 unless otherwise noted:

Dream Body 5 disc set

Wow! That's a good find for $1.99. I still haven't used my set but that's a really good deal.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 03:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Wow! That's a good find for $1.99. I still haven't used my set but that's a really good deal.
i agree - i was tempted, but DB has never appealed to me. i re-read the review on 2Lazy4Gym to make sure, though!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 06:36 PM  
Leonana

Those are really great finds! I haven’t seen those in my Goodwills. The only Suzanne Bowens I see are 10MS. I did find a KCM and some Leslies.
Old 01-29-21, 12:15 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I saw Tracie Long's The FIRM Maximum Body Shaping the other day at my local Goodwill store and was thinking of buying it just so a VFer could snag it from me... What a great workout classic (and I already have my own DVD of it).
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds