Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-14, 08:32 PM  
yahoo205

How does Ballet Physique compare to Bar Method Physique 57 Cardio Barre Ballet Body

From the other reviews I've read it sounds like Ballet Physique is most like Bar Method and those Lotte Berk DVDs from a while ago in terms of pace while Cardio Barre and P57 are faster. I don't know how they compare to Barre 3 and any other Barre DVDs including Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped barreamped. I know Ballet Body is not quite barre.

Basically, I'm wondering if Ballet Physique is worth it if I have a lot of other barre. I have all the Bar Methods, P57s, Lotte Berks, Cardio Barre. Also have most Ballet Body and a couple of Barre 3.

I remember Neatski mentioned she loved these and she is really fit. I think Fuzzie originally liked it but then got bored. I'm trying not to spend money on things I won't use.

Haven't done barre in forever and I'm really missing it. Miss those isolated holds and little pulses. Thanks!
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 08:42 PM  
neatski

Thanks for the shout out . I love Ballet Physique. i would say that it is one of the tougher sets I own. i think it's on par with The Bar Method Dancer's Body and Pure Barre Pershing Square 2 in difficulty and style. It reminds me of a live class more than most barre DVDs. You already knew my opinion, but I think they're well worth the money! I felt that they were quite distinct from the other barre DVDs I own. i probably used them more than any of my others when I was in my second trimester and on a major barre kick.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 04:49 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I really like the BPs, too. You seem to already have a lot of barre, though, so maybe you don't 'need' it, but I think you'll like them a lot!

(FWIW, I wouldn't put Physique 57 and Cardio Barre in the same category. CB is way too fast to even be considered of the barre genre. They just use a barre in the workout.)
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 10:20 AM  
slysam

I wouldn't personally put P57 and Cardio Barre in the same category either. P57 is fast paced and high energy meaning it goes from one exercise to another with short set up and the instructor talks enthusiastically and it uses upbeat music. But it is still very Lotte Berk influenced, in my opinion. When I was doing p57 a lot, I bored the old Lotte Berke workouts from the local library to learn form and didn't feel out of place following it or applying it to P57. P57 uses heavier weights, does pushups on the toes and seems more updated but they are related. When I did cardio barre, it was quite different and a little frantic to my perception. And I think it was more big flowing type movements (It has been a while, for whatever reason I think Booty Barre and Xtend fill the same niche for me but feel less frantic). I should revisit cardiobarre though. I love Ballet Body too. I haven't tied Ballet Physique. I've rented Bar method from kinetic flux a few times but never managed to do it--not because it is hard just for some reason I will do another workout instead. I haven't given it a fair shot though.

Comparison, I think P57 and Ballet Body are similar in intensity--though I find the split Ballet Body DVDs more exhausting to the muscles. The pace is slower and it isn't purely barre. The mood is very different though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 08:47 PM  
yahoo205

is the ballet physique ball (in the set) any better than the other playground balls? I'm assume it's not any better.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 09:05 PM  
caitlinpyle

I'm wondering about the ball too!! how big is it? can I use a squishy ball like barre3 or I have a smaller 3-4inch playground texture ball....

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-14, 12:28 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
is the ballet physique ball (in the set) any better than the other playground balls? I'm assume it's not any better.
I got the ball when it came "free" with the set. It is way too large and I prefer a squishier ball. The Bar Method ball is a similar texture (non-squishy) but far smaller. Unless your legs are extremely long or very far apart, you would be better off with a smaller ball.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-14, 04:41 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

It's the same size as the physique 57 and Fluidity balls, but it's not as squishy. It's the one I toss to my son to keep him occupied while I work out with my p57 ball.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet physique, bar method, barre, lotte berk, physique 57