Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-12, 11:03 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Isn't today the day you go,to live P57 also? How was the drive?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 11:05 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I did Amped Up this morning. First of all, it is more like 50 min. so FYI.

I thought the music was pretty good, some vocals which I prefer to instrumental. (The cooldown was a sort of wierd percussive version of Claude Deubussey's Claire de Lune. Kind of wish it had just been piano b/c once the beat came in it sounded like musak, but whatever.)

I really liked the seat floor work, and generally thought it was a good workout. I was a little disappointed that my HR didn't stay up for any prolonged period, but I did sweat a bit which I liked. Def. not as fast/hard/fun as P57, but still very good. I def. feel the seat section was the best part.
Any details to share regarding the seat work? I'm always looking for more seat work. thanks!

Update - I caved! the coupon sent me over the edge. Shipping was $7.95 - ouch! So with the coupon it was almost like FS....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 12:05 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Cheryl, we're going to NYC on Friday.

Sue, the seat work was all on the floor--pretzel, hairpin (as P57 calls it--lying on the floor in an L-shape, lifting the upper leg) and some all-fours with a weight behind your knee. It was a great set. The only bummer about the floor work is you don't get your HR up like you do in standing seat.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 12:30 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Nuggie, Now I know what a play ground ball is. I wonder, How come I never had a play ground ball as a kid. ??? No wonder I didn't understand. People kept saying playground and I had no clue. I just knew about sports balls.

this has to be, no.. this is the strongest ball I've ever had in a system. This is must be going to hurt.

and yes, it finally came today Feels funny. I get all excited knowing something is coming and then when it gets here, I'm like.. okay. finally. but.. that's okay.I will definitely do this today.. I'll just use my Fitball..

I'm sorry I read your post wrong Nuggie. I thought you were leaving after your children got up from their nap at 6PM yesterday... Then I kept seeing you post and i'm saying, isn't she going away. ??? how come she's style posting if she's going on the road in 15 minutes lol

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-19-12, 12:48 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Cheryl, haha, no, thankfully I have a couple more days to prepare before the road trip! We're going to pack all our meals so we don't have to stop, lots of toys and diversions for the kids, etc. It's a lot of work to get to NYC!

As for the ball/pump issues, I heard back from Kristen at BP. She said it came to them without a pump, so she's going to write up a disclaimer that the ball does not come with a pump.
Old 12-19-12, 12:56 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

That's nice. Nice that they are communicating. I hate when a company gets too big they don't take the time to listen.

So will you be there over Christmas holiday next Tuesday?

Which one did you do first, or did you get yours yet? I'm about to preview Signature Sculpt...

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-19-12, 01:01 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Yes, we're staying for Christmas. I did Amped Up this morning. I'd love to do Signature Sculpt tomorrow, but I think I should probably take it easy so I'm fresh for P57 on Friday.

Let us know what you think of SS!
Old 12-19-12, 01:57 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Any details to share regarding the seat work? I'm always looking for more seat work. thanks!

Update - I caved! the coupon sent me over the edge. Shipping was $7.95 - ouch! So with the coupon it was almost like FS....
Yeah, the coupon sent me over the edge also. I don't know what I'm thinking, I haven't been doing barre lately and lord knows I'm in no position to be buying more DVDs right now. Here's hoping that I love it at least.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-12, 03:06 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Yes, we're staying for Christmas. I did Amped Up this morning. I'd love to do Signature Sculpt tomorrow, but I think I should probably take it easy so I'm fresh for P57 on Friday.

Let us know what you think of SS!
Love love

I just finished and there is no dread. What makes me totally happy is there are no darn tricep dips and no endless pushups and no mountain climbers. All the things I dislike are not here.

The camera angles are on point. Great outfits. Everyone is pleasant. No one screaming.

The seat work, oh ya,had my husband touch my butt to show him it was working. Anyone doing this is going to have a penny bouncing butt for sure.

Ab work.Just enough. The ball. I think it does help having a firmer ball. When I do the ab work though on some I'm going to use my less tough ball. On the standing seat work, I'll use their ball.

I'm well pleased now that it's done. The set, the lighting. the cuing. spot on for me.

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-19-12, 03:18 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Wow, with $7.95 shipping, I am safe for now. I have too many barre virgins to be spending that kind of money on this set.

Tags
ballet physique, barre