Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-12, 01:24 AM  
nevertoolate

I am new to barre-type work, but these look interesting. Can you really do them effectively with a chair? I have a folding padded card table-type chair that I use for Classical Stretch workouts. The back doesn't look as high as the barre they're using on the clips. Would that work as well?

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 01:42 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Ann - You can definitely use a chair with these but the back should be hip height so that you can hold it in a relevé position. If it's too low you will lean forward or round your upper body.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 02:53 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Chairs work well. There are plenty that show it with chairs. I've not seen one yet with a high back chair, stool height but they manage

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 04:16 AM  
juberann

For some reason, these REALLY appeal to me. Not a Barre person at all and I know the clips are short but I love the pace, the set and the instructors. They seem doable to me (unlike Tracey Mallett's Body Barre which I found to be a slow and painful torture). These types of workouts so appeal to me and I think they are effective, I just havn't found a DVD class I really click with.
I might have to cave on these
Old 12-18-12, 05:05 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Oh Juberann, yes . It is a slow torture.I just did her Booty Barre Total body last night and I was like, okay, this must be when they say it's Cardio Barre. I wasn't sure if I was liking it but good to hear you say that. Maybe I do that on days I want to beef it up. I didn't like the beef in P57.

I do hear you on what you're saying though. we may like the same tone

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 11:55 AM  
topfitmama

Will Mary be carrying these? Has anyone asked her?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 01:01 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Will Mary be carrying these? Has anyone asked her?
On her Facebook page, Mary made a note in a comment where someone had asked this question. I'm paraphrasing her note here. Essentially the Ballet Physique folks said they aren't sure right now but that they would think about it for the future.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 01:56 PM  
klaux

Just wanted to add that I ordered these from their website and hit submit before figuring out where the VF discount code for free shipping needed to be entered. I sent an email to them asking whether they would honor it. They were very responsive and they said that they had a lot of us VFers that didn't enter the code and that they would honor it. (This was before it expired, of course.) Really great customer service! I actually wasn't expecting to be credited the shipping amount, but they took care of it. I can't wait to actually try these and report back, but I wanted to let everyone know that the two instructors are actually the ones sending us the DVDs and replying to our emails, and I was impressed!
klaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 02:06 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
On her Facebook page, Mary made a note in a comment where someone had asked this question. I'm paraphrasing her note here. Essentially the Ballet Physique folks said they aren't sure right now but that they would think about it for the future.
Thank you, Nat!
I hope they decide to have her carry them. Her shipping would be a fraction of what Amazon and Ballet Physique charge!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 02:55 PM  
starbelly

I paid $17.95 to get them shipped to me in the NL so I imagine it would be the same to Germany. They still have not arrived and I paid on 21 December...

ETA: The postal gods must have heard me; my videos arrived today (4 Jan).

Last edited by starbelly; 01-04-13 at 04:53 AM. Reason: ETA
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet physique, barre