Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 06:50 AM  
flamingoo

These are now available on their website. Just incase anyone wants to order

http://www.youtube.com/user/theballe...e=results_main

There are some short clips as well. I think they look good.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 09:14 AM  
momofcha

These look really good.... shame I'm on a barre hiatus....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 09:15 AM  
JezthePuff2

Just ordered! I haven't done a barre workout in months!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 09:30 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Those look really good! I'm just loathe to spend nearly $8 in shipping...
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 10:54 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Amped Up: Arms - there are those darned tricep dips again, with one leg swaying side to side in the air this time. My shoulders are way too sensitive and these look like a potential injury for me; I wouldn't even attempt this move. Too fast and, imo, more focused on keeping time with the music than with maintaining excellent form. I don't like rapidfire strength training of any kind, and this is more true the older I get.

The clips look all right but most of these barre workouts seem so hop-on-the-bandwagon generic to me. There's a new instructor/method practically every couple of months, but aren't the techniques and moves virtually the same? More importantly, these kinds of workout used to be lauded as therapeutic and rehabilitating (often said to be designed under the guidance of an orthopedist or p.t.); but frequently I see moves (like above) that I would imagine to be stressful to joints, particularly knees and shoulders - my particular sore spots.

Probably the wrong place to ask this but does anyone know which workouts veer toward the rehabilitative, besides Callanetics? Do Jill Dailey's? I like Bar Method because their workouts tend to move more deliberately with careful precision, and there are always modifiers shown so I can easily avoid exercises like the above tricep dips.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 12:02 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Amped Up: Arms - there are those darned tricep dips again, with one leg swaying side to side in the air this time. My shoulders are way too sensitive and these look like a potential injury for me; I wouldn't even attempt this move. Too fast and, imo, more focused on keeping time with the music than with maintaining excellent form. I don't like rapidfire strength training of any kind, and this is more true the older I get.

The clips look all right but most of these barre workouts seem so hop-on-the-bandwagon generic to me. There's a new instructor/method practically every couple of months, but aren't the techniques and moves virtually the same? More importantly, these kinds of workout used to be lauded as therapeutic and rehabilitating (often said to be designed under the guidance of an orthopedist or p.t.); but frequently I see moves (like above) that I would imagine to be stressful to joints, particularly knees and shoulders - my particular sore spots.

Probably the wrong place to ask this but does anyone know which workouts veer toward the rehabilitative, besides Callanetics? Do Jill Dailey's? I like Bar Method because their workouts tend to move more deliberately with careful precision, and there are always modifiers shown so I can easily avoid exercises like the above tricep dips.
Nods in agreement. Exactly why I ditched Dream Body Fusion Fitness. Barre is a bandwagon now. And (not speaking to any particular instructor or style), I think a lot of what's out there now is trying to latch on to the "extreme" trend, and they're moving too fast during and between exercises and not giving proper instruction. I know there is a niche for that, particularly among young people.

I think the original Fluidity set, that came with the bar, is really good. It's also really boring!

Gonna have to go with Leah Sarago for the win, IMO. Not too fast, not too slow, great form tips. But definitely not for beginners (at least not the DVD's).
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 12:36 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I think a lot of what's out there now is trying to latch on to the "extreme" trend, and they're moving too fast during and between exercises and not giving proper instruction.
You're right! Just wait, I'll bet "Barre Extreme" or "Barre to the Max" will be 2013 release titles.
Quote:
I think the original Fluidity set, that came with the bar, is really good. It's also really boring!

Gonna have to go with Leah Sarago for the win, IMO. Not too fast, not too slow, great form tips. But definitely not for beginners (at least not the DVD's).
Thanks for your thought and suggestions.
I'm very old school. I still like Chicometrics and Tone-Up.
Old 12-11-12, 12:36 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Sadie Lincoln at Barre3 seems very concerned with safety and using good body mechanics.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 12:39 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
Sadie Lincoln at Barre3 seems very concerned with safety and using good body mechanics.
Interesting, your mentioning her. I only have her DVD and have never tried her online workouts but she seems exactly that way to me. And I love her demeanor and delivery.

Tags
ballet physique, barre