Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-10, 04:28 PM  
F1mom

Insanity Results?

I finally got a chance to watch the entire infomercial from beginning to end and wondered what results VFers got from the program. I think Insanity was in the works before I took my hiatus from online life.

I won't be buying it today or tomorrow, but I'd love to have it as a goal to kick me out of my perennial Intermediate level at some point. I also like that it uses body weight and doesn't require a lot of equipment.

What were your results? Were you ripped? Or just able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 04:32 PM  
Buzzer

Not ripped or able to leap buildings in a single bound, but happy, sweaty, and Cathe workouts became quite easy!!!
I never did month 2, it scared me, so I did month 1 twice.
Now that it's summer and I don't have a/c, I'm avoiding too much sweaty workouts, but I Insanity, and my cardio endurance went way up!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 04:37 PM  
MARIKA

I just finished up my 2cd round of Insanity 3 weeks ago along w/ SS. I got better physical results this time around but the beauty of Insanity is... you are able to leap tall buildings! The improvement in your cardio capacity & strength w/ all those crazy drills is like nothing else out there. I can't say enough about how great I think Insanity is. Shaun T will push you to give 150% even when you start off not feeling like working out at all. This is the best exercise purchase I ever made. I hope he has something new on he horizon!
Old 07-19-10, 05:52 PM  
mcn333

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I just finished up my 2cd round of Insanity 3 weeks ago along w/ SS. I got better physical results this time around but the beauty of Insanity is... you are able to leap tall buildings! The improvement in your cardio capacity & strength w/ all those crazy drills is like nothing else out there. I can't say enough about how great I think Insanity is. Shaun T will push you to give 150% even when you start off not feeling like working out at all. This is the best exercise purchase I ever made. I hope he has something new on he horizon!
Hi Marika-
How did you combine Insanity with SS? Sounds wonderfully brutal!
mcn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 07:04 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

I just finished my first Insanity rotation yesterday. I am, in no way, ripped, but there is no question that my endurance level increased dramatically, my flexibility improved and my strength is greater than before I started. Given that I am 52 and terrified of damaging knees, etc., I did ALL impact on my rebounder. I usually started to perspire profusely during the second round of the warm-up

I swore I would never do this program and decided on the spur of the moment without really thinking it through...I'm glad I did, tho. I would do another rotation, but I will wait at least four or five months to do it again. I started TF

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 07:30 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I totally agree. Love, love, love Insanity for the challenge and combo of cardio with body weight exercises. My tennis speed increased (and my ability to jump for balls), my cardio capacity increased and my shoulders were "popping like snowballs" according to my husband.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 06:53 PM  
F1mom

Wow! I'm going to seriously look into this after the first of the year.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:41 PM  
neatski

I was fortunate enough to find this locally, so I have all 13 DVDs previewed and ready to go for tomorrow! I will happily share my journey and results once I have them!

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insanity, shaun t